PDA

View Full Version : Thinning hair at temples

JBB
05-11-2010, 11:25 PM
I lost a lot of hair after a visit to a hairdresser in January 2009. My hair has grown back really well. However in November I had weave put in mainly because I was going away on holiday for Christmas. When the weave was removed I noticed that I had some hair loss at the temples on both sides.
What would you reccommend to help this hair to grow back. It doesn't seem to want to grow back :(

Jbb

sanbornbyrd00
05-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Medications can weaken hair, causing it to break or fall out. Semi-permanent color is good in this case, too, because it does not contain ammonia or peroxide. It will not damage hair, but will give it body and volume.

To protect hair, the best practice is to shampoo only when hair is dirty. Because fine hair gets dirty faster, people with fine-textured hair need to shampoo more frequently -- even though fine hair breaks more easily.

you truly need to visit your dermatologist and speak with him or her about the options available and what may be right for you.

akuawood
05-13-2010, 08:34 AM
When the weave was removed I noticed that I had some hair loss at the temples on both sides.
What would you reccommend to help this hair to grow back. It doesn't seem to want to grow back :(

Jbb
Jamaican black castor oil [JBCO] is great in helping fill gaps on the hairline.
You can apply a warm damp towel on the hairline before massaging in slightly warmed JBCO
If the follicles on the hairline have not been damaged, then there is hope for new growth.

KnottyAuthor
05-15-2010, 10:26 PM
I spritzed with alovera juice/ 8oz/8drops rosemary
morning and night.
Saw results and still use and still see results 4yrs later

but you HAVE to adopt a habit of NO manipulation of your edges. SCARF only to lay down the frizzies but NO brushing with brush/comb OR fingers until it grows back in.

mrs. mells
05-20-2010, 07:42 PM
I had the same problem when I took out some weave. I literally had a bald spot on my edges. I used Wild Growth (all natural)...it helped a lot with my hair and it grew back within a month! You can get it from Sally's Beauty Supply or your local hair store.

kyamiina
05-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Jamaican black castor oil [JBCO] is great in helping fill gaps on the hairline.
You can apply a warm damp towel on the hairline before massaging in slightly warmed JBCO
If the follicles on the hairline have not been damaged, then there is hope for new growth.

JBCO helped my edges fill in nicely. I had the same issue and with regular use of JBCO on my edges I cleared up the problem.

NubianDoo36
08-13-2013, 03:00 AM
Tea Tree Oil a few drops gentle on the area Nightly mine grew in within a month or so.

Lean C
11-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Amla powder is great it helped to strengthen my hair which helped with length retention.