PDA

View Full Version : Textures And Tones Hair Color

MissLisha
09-12-2004, 04:45 PM
I've been wanting to dye my hair for quite awhile. When i was a permie i tried to use a rinse on my hair and it just wouldnt take. I heard a couple things about the textures and tones on the board. I tried to find the exact thread but didnt have much luck. I just wanted to know did this dye without the amonia work better for you than the others? Did it dry your hair out? Also what is a good shampoo for people who have permanent color in? Right now im using organic root stimulator uplifting shampoo. Would that be to harsh for color treated hair? The color i bought is called cherrywood, but im not sure how good this will look on me. So i took a picture and posted it in my fotki account. I would appreciate it if you could tell me what you guys think. Thanks!

album (http://public.fotki.com/NaturalLisha/)
PW:naturalme

BrownsuggaDIVA
09-12-2004, 06:20 PM
when i bit the bullet and colored my hair back in the spring..i used textures and tones cherrywood. my experience with has been very positive.

i have only used it once..i colored my hair and decided no more.

as for my care...i am a low pooer and when i do poo..i use carol's daughter ocean herbal shampoo. whatever kind of conditioner i am on at the moment and i deep conditioner 2-3 times a month (if i am thinking about it)

hope that helps

http://images6.fotki.com/v78/photos/1/154815/894498/sunday023-th.jpg

QueenLocks
09-12-2004, 06:30 PM
:pop I like the Cherrywood Brown! :-)

:tiptoe to another thread

gigglezk
09-12-2004, 06:33 PM
i just used textures and tones a week and a half ago. my experience was great. after i colored it, i followed all of the directions on the box. i deep conditioned my hair using some lekair cholesterol with olive oil added in. my hair came out the exact way i wanted it to. just to be safe, i no poo'd my hair every other day and always put in a little leave in conditioner. i haven't had any problems with dryness.

systah
09-12-2004, 06:47 PM
i absolutely love textures and tones color!! i've tried cherrywood, bronze, plum, honey blonde, and lightest blonde. it's not as harsh as some other brands and the color lasts long. oh yeah, i love color. :lol

systah
09-12-2004, 06:53 PM
misslisha, to answer your questions: (1) this color works best for me because it's not as harsh (like dark and lovely) and it lasts longer (unlike creme of nature). (2) any type of color is going to dry out your hair, but this one isn't as bad in my opinion. (3) the shampoo you're using should be fine as long as it doesn't have an extreme drying agent like sodium laureth sulfate in it. (i use pert plus) hope this helps. :)

Locks$Naps26!
09-12-2004, 08:30 PM
i used textures and tones dark brown and my hair came out jet black but it was cute.

kinkity
09-12-2004, 09:24 PM
I love textures and tones color!
I have used cherrywood (seems to be a popular color) and red hot red.

The very first time I ever colored my hair, (about 2 1/2 weeks ago), I used the cherrywood. I left it on for the full 30 minutes and while I liked the red tint that it gave, I wanted redder hair so about 1 1/2 weeks later (I know, I should have waited longer) I tried it again this time mixing cherrywood with the red hot and red and it gave me the color that I wanted even though it's nowhere near dramatic.

This color was not harsh on my hair. Although it did feel slightly drier, I didn't note any major dryness or breakage. And deep conditioning and moisturizing virtually eliminated the problem. I will continue to color with this in the future.

I don't know about shampoo though. I no-poo at all times except after I color. :)

MissLisha
09-12-2004, 10:04 PM
thanks you everyone for your replies! Im going to color in about an hour and i'll post the results in my album.

prettykinks
09-13-2004, 04:23 PM
I used to use textures and tones in plum when I was a permie. It was great. The color never faded. I used their line of relaxers also. I always used their shampoo for color treated hair. I tried to stick to the products they made.

CurlyGurly
09-15-2004, 06:58 PM
I've used the bronze 3 times. The first time was about a week or so afer my bc, then maybe 5 months after that and again in July of this year. I love the color though I defintely have dryness to deal with. I defintely think the coloring process, if permanent will dry your hair out...period. You will have to take extra measures to make sure your hair gets the moisture it needs.

notroz2u
09-15-2004, 08:08 PM
I used Ruby Rage in July and its time for a touch up

I am a no-pooer and I have not noticed that my hair is extra dry

By the way I love the conditioner that comes with the dye

Well I off to buy my 2 boxes of Ruby Rage, maybe I will try a mix

I will cut a piece of my hair out to see exactly how long I can leave the mix on before it gets to bright since my hair is already dyed

notroz2u
09-15-2004, 08:11 PM

Well I off to buy my 2 boxes of Ruby Rage, maybe I will try a mix

I will cut a piece of my hair out to see exactly how long I can leave the mix on before it gets to bright since my hair is already dyed

notroz2u
09-15-2004, 08:11 PM

Well I am off to buy my 2 boxes of Ruby Rage, maybe I will try a mix

Ginael
09-16-2004, 02:55 AM
I have used Textures and tones for over 2 years and I have been very pleased. I have gone from blah blah brown to red hot red to honey blond to medium brown and back to a red/blond combination. I even went Jet Black, I kept it for 3 months and decided to get rid of it. I had to use a product called ColorRid to get rid of the black. ColorRid got rid of the black and left me with a redish/brown color that I love. My coworker and family members have asked for the name of the color. It looks great. I love T&T and my hair is very healthy.

I use Motions shampoo and conditioner. I use a hot oil treatment after every wash, even if I do not use the hair dryer. After I condition my hair, I towel dry it and apply MoistureMax hair moisturizer and oil my scalp with good old Dax hair grease. Then I blow dry my hair and two strand twist it or wear it in a bush ball. I love it!!!

Go for it and Don't be scared!

seek_first
09-16-2004, 04:34 AM
I used T&T Bronze color back in april. It was my first time coloring and I decided on that color because the next color up would have required a developer (ammonia). I never really experienced any dryness or texture change, but I did increase my deep conditioning treatments because of the fact that I had color. I haven't been able to find the Bronze color again and I'm really not up to looking for it. But I did have a good time with it.

inkysphinx
09-16-2004, 01:55 PM
I'm glad to see this thread! I've been considering using T&T because everyone here seems to have good results with it.

Just for clarification, is it ammonia free? I would go no lighter than red (I wasn't meant to be blond!). I've never colored with perm color before, so unless I want to change the color completely, I would only touch up the roots, right?

Thanks!

notroz2u
09-16-2004, 04:26 PM
sorry for the triple posts
I hope this helps you
Where ever you put the dye thats the part of your hair that will be dyed
Do you already have some color in, is that why you only want to do your roots
(i can't look at any pictures right now)

tdrmaquillage
09-16-2004, 06:18 PM
I started out with T & T and they're good not great. The reds in particular fade rather quickly and go orange.

(note Avatar is not T & T haircolor)

- Tania :rainfro

notroz2u
09-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Oh that looks like a good match
But now that you mention it my "Ruby" Rage is kinda orange now

meagan22
05-15-2005, 07:12 AM
BUMPing for easy access

trubliss
05-15-2005, 06:33 PM
I used texture and tones extra conditioning treatment in lightest blonde to lighten my jet black hair. Overall I was pleased my hair came out sorta of copper b/c I have really dark hair. In terms of dryness it was fine.

NYtotheC
05-28-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm thinking of dying my hair a honey blonde, but I don't want to bleach. For those who have used T&T's honey blonde, did you have to bleach?

ChaoticSoul
05-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by NYtotheC@May 28 2005, 01:08 PM
I'm thinking of dying my hair a honey blonde, but I don't want to bleach. For those who have used T&T's honey blonde, did you have to bleach?

I've used honey blonde a lonnnng time ago. I didn't have to bleach. the color came out nicely. My mom is currently wearing the honey blonde color and she doesn't bleach her hair either :2cents:

Graymoon
05-28-2005, 11:55 PM
I recently dyed my hair with T&T Ruby Rage about 3 weeks ago. I was extremely nervous because I've never colored my hair. A fellow napptural recommended T&T because she thought it was the least drying of other products. Since I am a long-time napptural and a fanatic about hair health, I went with her recommendation.

My result came out a little orange so I was freaking out big time. With time and a little sunshine it has turned into a nice sandy brown/reddish color that looks very natural with my complexion. I have not experienced any overt dryness but I can tell a little difference in my hair texture.

I would recommend this product to anyone interested in color.

Gray

femmefatales
06-26-2005, 05:55 AM
THANK YOU, to everyone who posted their experience in this thread.

I made my decision based on your post and went ahead and bought T&T in Bronze. I am so happy with the results. I've colored previously with Dark&Lovely golden bronze I loved the color,but in the first few weeks my hair was extremely dry and I was very concerned about breakage.

T&T did not leave my hair crunchy and the conditioner that came with it is divine. I absolutely love it. Does anyone know if this conditioner is sold seperately?

I will be posting pics of the results soon.

Scarletjazz
07-02-2007, 12:46 PM
I tried Cherrywood last Friday and I love it.. I was looking like Bow Wow on Roll Bounce, needing a shape up badly.. I colored Friday night went to my son's barber on Sat and he said I had a lot of scragglies.. so he gave me a trim but he also complimented me on the color... I didn't want the color to be lightbulb bright it came out just right, I can always re color later if I want to bring it up more, but its fine for me... The condish that comes with is very good... see more pics in my Fotki...

Keep it nappy
Scar

jaimuziq
07-02-2007, 03:36 PM
I picked up T&T's Cocoa Brown, maybe I'll use it this weekend. Thanks for the info ladies. :)

Ash2005
07-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Wow, cherrywood is a popular color! I actually dyed my hair that color when I was in high school back in '99 but then I got a SERIOUS tan that summer so the color didn't go well with my skin tone anymore so I went midnight blue (aka blue black) and fell in love. I can honestly say that T&T is a good product though I haven't used it since being natural. The color stayed well and I experienced no breakage which was good b/c I was still a weekly blow.drying, flat.ironing, non-deep conditioning permie at the time.

ChaoticSoul
07-05-2007, 01:58 AM
I love Textures and Tones. I only use that or Herbal essences. I put on the Light Golden Brown (2boxes) or what ever its called and I love it. I never have any dryness or any ill effects from this brand

Daughter-of-Diaspora
07-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Been using T&T in bronze for years with no issues so far.

I don't wait till drying and breakage sneaks up... I stay on my moisturizing routine.

sweetcurl
07-05-2007, 12:54 PM
I color my hair twice a year and only use textures and tones- the bronze with blond highlights 2 seperate colors are complementary and i only use conditioner for colored hair- That God I still have bottles of DDTA

anabwi
07-05-2007, 02:55 PM
I use T&T Light Golden Brown #5G, love it, love it :)

BrnNappyGrl
07-05-2007, 05:11 PM
:bolt: to store for T&T... I need to cover this doggone grey!

NappyHeadedGirl
07-05-2007, 11:23 PM
It's about time for me to retouch my blazing burgundy and I was wondering...do you ladies apply it to only the roots or all over?

anabwi
07-06-2007, 07:38 AM
It's about time for me to retouch my blazing burgundy and I was wondering...do you ladies apply it to only the roots or all over?
[/b]

The first 2 times I put it all over for the color to really sink in, but now it's just the roots.

adanna06
07-06-2007, 11:24 AM
my hair is really dark black, and I just want to lighten it to a medium dark brown...which texture tones color should I use?

also, what is a good moisturizing routine to have after u color your hair to prevent dryness and breakage?

NappyHeadedGirl
07-06-2007, 11:36 AM
I was already preventing dryness and breakage before I colored but I did up my deep conditioning a little bit and started using extra moisturizer when styling...so far so good.

adanna06
07-06-2007, 11:57 AM
nappyheadedgirl

i love the color u currently have...what is it? and which texture tones color do u recommend a jet black haired person use to achieve similiar results?

NappyHeadedGirl
07-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I used blazing burgundy. My hair is pretty dark so I left it on an extra 5 minutes, it came out kinda bright and scared me a little lol but it toned down after a few days. I wanted to go honey blonde but I'm scared of going that light because I don't want to damage my hair or look weird.

Essey06
07-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Hello Everyone! I used 2 boxes of T&T Flaming desire and I love my color. I have not experienced any dryness at all and I get a lot of compliments. I love being natural.

Naturally Divine
07-08-2007, 02:30 PM
I decided to celebrate one year as a nappy by using T&T bronze! Like some of you said I freaked at the the orange/red color at first but since then the color has toned down and matches perfectly with my skin tone. I lightened my brows to chestnut brown as well, so it looks even more natural.

karasposa
07-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Y'all gonna make me go out and buy me some T&T....and I was trying not color my hair...but these grays are killing me! And I've had such bad luck with coloring....the colors were always nice, but the dryness was too much. Atleast I know not to buy the Bronze.

my question: did anyone notice a change in texture after using T&T?

Jess82
07-10-2007, 02:19 PM
I've used Textures and Tones, but I found them to be more drying than Herbal Essences. I tried Cherrywood but it did not go well with my skin tone. I tried Plum and liked it. I would like to try Bronze too...

tmedley
07-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I have a box of the bronze but I haven't worked up the nerve to use it yet.

meagan22
07-10-2007, 10:27 PM
my question: did anyone notice a change in texture after using T&T?
[/b]
I didn&#39;t. Unfortunately I didn&#39;t notice a color change either. I used TnT in Cocoa Brown and it barely took <_< . My hair is naturally black and I thought that it would turn out dark brown (like what the color guide shows on the side of the box). All it did was make my hair off-black, which I was not happy about. If I were to ever use TnT again it would have to be one of the colors that uses stronger color lifter.

jenaee
07-16-2007, 11:10 AM
I just used Blazing burgundy this weekend. It came out ok. It&#39;s not as bright as I wanted tho. I started with jet black hair so I may need to use a stronger lifter next time. I have noticed a slight difference in texture. It&#39;s a lil looser but more managable if you ask me. I have pics in my fotki.

karasposa
07-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Here&#39;s my update:

I bought and used the Cocoa Brown a few days ago. I love the brand. I usually don&#39;t like to color my hair permanently because of the potential for damage and dryness and permanent colors change my texture and make me lose my curl pattern. The color was just right and it looked just like the color on the box. I picked the shade to cover the grays and stay close to my natural color. So, far I haven&#39;t noticed any fading, and I cowash everyday. No change in texture either.

So...I guess I am a fan now. My only regret is not picking a more daring shade.

jenaee
07-17-2007, 10:16 AM
^ I feel the same as you on the more daring part. But there&#39;s always next time :-)

Purplestarz
08-11-2007, 03:35 PM
I&#39;m looking to go with light golden Brown and Honey Blonde for highlighting. I&#39;m just so confused on how to do high lights. I don&#39;t think i should do overall color and then dye on top a few strands that would be too much. I&#39;ve heard of using a plastic bag and poking some strands of hair through. Can anyone help me to figure out how to use two dyes at once in such a way? They havea little information on getting different tones in your hair, but surely they can&#39;t really mean mix the two dyes together. :unsure: http://www.thecreativestudio.com/main.jsp?...tech_brownsugar (http://www.thecreativestudio.com/main.jsp?nav=techniques/brunettes/tech_brownsugar)

GalaxyGirl2012
08-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I&#39;m looking to go with light golden Brown and Honey Blonde for highlighting. I&#39;m just so confused on how to do high lights. I don&#39;t think i should do overall color and then dye on top a few strands that would be too much. I&#39;ve heard of using a plastic bag and poking some strands of hair through. Can anyone help me to figure out how to use two dyes at once in such a way? They havea little information on getting different tones in your hair, but surely they can&#39;t really mean mix the two dyes together. :unsure: http://www.thecreativestudio.com/main.jsp?...tech_brownsugar (http://www.thecreativestudio.com/main.jsp?nav=techniques/brunettes/tech_brownsugar)
[/b]
i&#39;ve never had luck doing highlights using the poke through method because some of the dye seeps through the hole and then i end up with spots on my scalp where i didnt intend to have it.

so are you looking to say dye your whole hair light golden blonde and then highlight that or do you want highlights of different colloring?

mixing the two dyes together will just create a whole new color but your highlights will be the same. ive done -this many a time with t&t. on there website they have 2 how tos on mixed colors. i think the names are brown sugar and cherry cola. ive done both and i love the results.

if you want to do highlights of two separate colors here&#39;s what i&#39;d suggest:
- get 2 plastic mixing bowl
-get a hair color brush from the b&b
- decide where you want to place your highlights. braid, twist or somehow secure the areas that wont get highlight. in case you secure using a tool, make sure it&#39;s plastic in case the dye bleeds, which it probably will since this is your first time. leave the hairs you want to highlight loose

- i personally like using foil for highlights. so based on how many highlights you want, have at least that many pieces of foil cut and ready to go. the piece of foil should be at least double the length of your hair. that way it&#39;s long enough to for your piece of stretched out hair to rest on plus enough for you to wrap up the other half on top of it.

- mix half the color and developper of each color in one of the bowls. since it&#39;s highlights you should need the full boxes. and you can save the left over for when it&#39;s time to retouch.

- place the particular section of hair you want to highlight in the middle of a piece of foil. use your brush to coat the strand. double the foil and maybe fold it again to keep it out of your way

- keep going until you have done all your sections.

since this is your first time, id suggest not doing alot of sections until you get the hang of it. especially the back since that can be tricky.

when it&#39;s time to rinse just undo the foil in the shower. there shouldnt be any reason why the color will affect any of the other hair you didnt highlight. especially since most of those OTC boxed colors stop processing after 30-45 minutes anyway.

Purplestarz
08-11-2007, 04:21 PM
I&#39;m looking to do light golden brown for my whole head and honey blonde for highlights. Should I color my hair at the same that I&#39;m putting the highlights in with the foil? Or should I color my hair totally and then redye with the honey blonde highlights afterwards? Thank you so much for helping me out at least now I understand Highlighting lol

BrnNappyGrl
08-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Update: I used my T&T Cherrywood and I think I&#39;m in love! :wub:

The color gave me some very pretty highlights mixed in with the Cherrywood, and it&#39;s almost a perfect match for my skintone. If I decide to color again, I think I&#39;ll try Cherrywood mixed with red hot red or Plum. Added bonus: no ammonia stench!

To the person who asked, I read the box and it does NOT contain ammonia unless you&#39;re using the lightest colors.

GalaxyGirl2012
08-11-2007, 07:40 PM
I&#39;m looking to do light golden brown for my whole head and honey blonde for highlights. Should I color my hair at the same that I&#39;m putting the highlights in with the foil? Or should I color my hair totally and then redye with the honey blonde highlights afterwards? Thank you so much for helping me out at least now I understand Highlighting lol
[/b]

depending on how much trouble you want to go through you can do both at same time but that might take you a long time. you can just pre-section of the hairs you want to highlight. put the lt. golden brown on the sections you want that color and then once you get a to a section that needs to be honey blonde do the foil. this can take a long time if you&#39;re not used to do it that way (i&#39;m really not either) so i&#39;d suggest to not do it that way in case the developer starts to lose its effectiveness before you finish. the result would be an uneven color job

i&#39;d suggest doing your full head lt golden brown . and then wait at least a week before doing the highlights.

also depending on how big your head is, and how much hair you have you might need 2 boxes of t &t to cover your whole head.

duh and i just realised in your first post you gave a link to brown sugar :lol:

ChaoticSoul
08-12-2007, 06:52 AM
I colored my hair Bronze yesterday. I accidently fell asleep while processing :blush: so total time in was probably 45 minutes. I love it thoughhttp://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1476/5755277/11382595/271212220.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1476/5755277/11382595/271212219.jpg

adanna06
08-12-2007, 02:01 PM
I want to use either blazing burgundy or plum...I am not sure how it will take on hair, considering my natural color is jet black...

What should I use????????????? :dunno:

Mrs.Simmons
08-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Where exactly did you ladies find T&T? I have check all around and it seems to have disappeard.

BKjc41907
08-13-2007, 12:03 PM
its really hard to find
maybe you should try the asian stores(they tend to have everything under the sun)

ADANNA06-i depends im a conservative person so i went with plum
the color is very nice with my dark complextion

maybe when im brave enough i will try blazing burgundy :unsure:

jaimuziq
08-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Where exactly did you ladies find T&T? I have check all around and it seems to have disappeard.
[/b]

I purchased mine from Target. :)

meagan22
08-13-2007, 09:38 PM
[/b]
Before I bought a box of TnT I saw it in Target, CVS, Rite Aid, Family Dollar (<-- that&#39;s the cheapest place I&#39;ve seen it) and my local supermarket.

adanna06
08-14-2007, 01:25 PM
I just used Blazing burgundy this weekend. It came out ok. It&#39;s not as bright as I wanted tho. I started with jet black hair so I may need to use a stronger lifter next time. I have noticed a slight difference in texture. It&#39;s a lil looser but more managable if you ask me. I have pics in my fotki.
[/b]

I think the color came out beautiful...I have jet black hair too, and I hope I get the same results...

its really hard to find
maybe you should try the asian stores(they tend to have everything under the sun)

ADANNA06-i depends im a conservative person so i went with plum
the color is very nice with my dark complextion

maybe when im brave enough i will try blazing burgundy :unsure:
[/b]

good look, i consider myself conservative as well...im just not sure if plum will even show up on my dark hair...how dark is or was your hair before you colored it plum? do you have any pictures?

BKjc41907
08-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I think the color came out beautiful...I have jet black hair too, and I hope I get the same results...
good look, i consider myself conservative as well...im just not sure if plum will even show up on my dark hair...how dark is or was your hair before you colored it plum? do you have any pictures?
[/b]
i have jet black hair and now after two weeks i cannot see the color
i went to get some color conserve shampoo because it is too soon to
recolor
but i do love the color

the color was a hint of purple red
not obvious but really nice when noticed
im a coco complexion and i wanted a color
that would complement my skin not make me look crazy

sexyblu82
08-14-2007, 04:58 PM
I&#39;ve been using T&T for the past 2 years & I&#39;ve had good experiences with it. my favorite color is the Light Golden Brown. I get so many compliments on that color. Good luck! :)

first_timer
08-16-2007, 06:55 PM
I recently put a henna treatment in my hair but I want some more color. However, every hair color box I read says not to apply the dye to your hair if you have used henna. How long do I have to wait until I can dye my hair with some real color? Or can I just apply the dye no my hair anyway???

tipp6
10-05-2007, 07:44 PM
I just used T&T&#39;s Brown Sugar technique on my hair (1/2 light golden brown plus 1/2 cocoa brown). My hair is thick, coarse (but healthy) and black....the website says brown sugar yields a natural light brown with golden tones for natural hair...not mines. It went from black to barely there dark brown. i can barely tell any difference. I love the product but i should have went with my gut and did the light golden brown or honey blonde.
Has anyone ever used a rinse to lighten their colored hair? until this dark brown grows out, i would like to wear a much lighter color...any suggestions? thanks!
tipp

sweetcurl
10-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey Tipp 6!
unfortunately, a rinse only deposits color and to lighten hair you need a color lifter. Before and after cause of the nature of our hair- you gotta deep condition and deep condition and use a leave in. Lightening the hair is no easy commitment-
when I was a permie (7years ago) color would break my hair right off- now that im natural I dye my hair only twice a year

tipp6
10-07-2007, 08:00 PM
thank you Sweetcurl,
I love love love your haircolor! what color is your hair? next time around, i will do what i initially wanted to do-either light golden brown or honey blonde. being that my natural hair is a much deeper black, i suspect that even a honey blonde will turn my natural hair light brown with golden tones, not necessarily what is portrayed on the haircolor box.

Hey Tipp 6!
unfortunately, a rinse only deposits color and to lighten hair you need a color lifter. Before and after cause of the nature of our hair- you gotta deep condition and deep condition and use a leave in. Lightening the hair is no easy commitment-
when I was a permie (7years ago) color would break my hair right off- now that im natural I dye my hair only twice a year
[/b]

Naturalone
10-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Is Texture and tones available in semi permanent? I&#39;ve only found permanent.

sweetcurl
10-11-2007, 06:13 PM
thank you Sweetcurl,
I love love love your haircolor! what color is your hair? next time around, i will do what i initially wanted to do-either light golden brown or honey blonde. being that my natural hair is a much deeper black, i suspect that even a honey blonde will turn my natural hair light brown with golden tones, not necessarily what is portrayed on the haircolor box.
[/b]
Thanks Sis!!! I use Textures and tones Bronze (6RV) for the base color and highlight with Honey Blond ( 6G) for highlights. I use foil-like they do in the makeover shows to add highlights :lol:

Is Texture and tones available in semi permanent? I&#39;ve only found permanent.
[/b]
Natural One- Textures and Tones box says its Permanent Color- which means its a commitment to condition and condition and condition your hair HTH