Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really didn't like mine either because it was so sparse to my eyes. It can take a matter of a few weeks to lose that sparse 'where did my hair go' look - but it does happen. I don't think my hair qualifies as soft, but it adopts it's stretched state really easily so it took a while for it to go through the condensing process.

I wore a wide head band for the first couple of months so all the hair was collected at the back of my head, effectively pushing what hair I had into a smaller space so it looked less desparate.

Definately worth the end result.

DeBe

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair is very fine, very soft and very tightly coiled. I first tried to loc with twonstand twists but they washed out after 2 washes. I then tried braidlocs and they took. I was very, scalpy for a few weeks, but that passed after several washes. I maintained by latching, but I didn't like the scalpy look that resulted so I started waiting longer between latching and didn't latch to the scalp. Finally last September I started free forming and I have not looked back since. It seems to stay 2-3 inches of loose hair from the scalp, but it is cling on it's own because the scalp never gets any longer than that and the locs are getting longer. As everyone has told you, patience is the key. My hair has gone through several stages along the way. Some I liked better than others, but throughout the process it has been fascinating to watch. My husband also has locs and his hair is very different. He started seveal months after me, but his locs are longer due to his loose curl pattern. They are also very fuzzy where mine are not fuzzy at all anymore. His ends have not all locked after two years where mine locked in a few months into nice round tips.

No one else has hair just like yours. Relax and let your hair do it's thing. Headbands got me through some rough days and usually make for neat look no matter what your hair is doing behind them. They're easy to make and I have a drawer full to go with various outfits. You can find free patterns on the web and you can get two from 1/4 yard of fabric. Quilt stores have fabric in every pattern and color. Even a bandana folded will do in a pinch.

There will be periods where it doesn't seem like your hair is growing, and as you noted, it may seem shorter. Those periods will pass. My hair seems to be growing like crazy now in my 3rd year. Take lots of pictures. When you feel discouraged or like your hair isn't growing, pull them out and you will be surprised to see the changes. It may take a while to find out which products work for you and that may change as your hair does. Finally, it's just hair, so don't stress over it.
    Michele

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/c/coaiug56h.png[/IMG][/URL]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been attempting to loc on and off for years. My hair is really thick, loosely curled to wavy, with coarse strands (think thread). I just finished latching it yesterday and I'm going to try to forget about the fuzzies and allow the slippage because it's my hair and that's what it does. I'm going to need lots of morale support but my brother has been locked for 6 years and my girlfriend for 5 so they are willing to get me through the rough spots.
    [URL="http://www.meez.com/hazle"][IMG]http://images.meez.com/user08/02/02_10031320122.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[URL="http://members.fotki.com/curlyfae/about/"]Nap Documentation [/URL](Updated)
    Loc'ed (again). 8.6.11
    psswrd: lycan

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been natural for 8 years. After braiding, twists and curls... I've finally had enough courage to start locs ... It's been a little over 2 weeks and Yes I'm already frustrasted... My hair is super soft and curly ... Inspiration Please! lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of my hair is still not locked after 17 months, but I suspected it would take a while. My first try with locking was with two strand twists, but my hair was matting too much at the roots. Braids were a perfect solution to my "texture issues" and the fact that I have to wash my hair frequently. Still enjoying my hair through this process.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my hair is not completely locked yet either. the texture of my hair is hard to explain..My hair kind of looks like Rudy Huxtable off the Cosby show minus the length. It is also frizzy. I love this style that i chose but i am kinda having some doubts. the baack of my head has not locked at all. No matter what i put back there it just hasn't locked. Now is it normal to have balls on the ends of some? My locks are six months old, and i know its going to take a bit to lock, just trying to stay encouraged.
    Last edited by chcltroses; 07-11-2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: wasn't finished

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair is really soft...and I have a lot of it. I was told some 4 years ago by a SL consultant that it would take a long time for me to loc....which is why I've never tried. I know me too well...I don't have much patience when it comes to my hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Caucasians and Asians can loc their hair, so can each and every one of you. Everyone who locs their hair needs patience. Doesn´t matter what texture of hair you have. It will loc and you will need patience.
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    Loc´d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012

9. Thanks DaBlackLady thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the hard part for me is developing that patience. it is still taking me awhile but they are locking i think.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123