Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry How Do I Get My Afro Back???

I have blown my hair out maybe four times in the past two years that I have been natural. Every other time that I have done it as soon as I deep condition it... it would go back. This time I have washed it several times and left conditioner in it over night and still no curl and no kink. It looks like it still blown out. Though it is very soft...... it is also not a fro anymore. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Aww, I'm sorry about that. Sounds like your hair is heat-damaged. That last blow-out could've been the "straw that broke the camel's back". Take it from someone who knows.

Please see the PINNEDsection in the Forums page and read the post by DeeCoily titled, "Consequences of Heat Usage". Look at my album. It doesn't seem as if your hair is going to revert back, you may need to transition and stop the blow-outs. Hair dryers on a warm or hot setting are a heat source, and the pick attachment disrupts and breaks up the curl pattern, and also becomes a direct heat source. I hope your hair does revert back though. Try some deep conditioning in the mean time. I hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Magenta"]WHIPPIN MA HAIR[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much! And thank you for not wagging your finger at me. I was afraid I was going to get some of that . I am going to try to keep conditioning it and cross my fingers and promise to be more careful with my hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A protein treatment may help, but it does sound like the damage may be permanent. Good luck though

I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research.- Sherlock

G.Eve is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try a beer rinse. On YT, look 4 pretty dimples, am sure she has done them. N pliz stop the blow outs.