Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it has been a little over seven months for me. I love my locs, but feeling a little antsy about them. my hair grows so slowly, and its hard to tell if any of them have loc'd. how do you tell? and what keeps you patiently waiting?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My locs are 8 months old and they still look like two strand twists, though the roots look different due to a mixture of latching and palm rolling (I'm still trying to figure out which method I want to stick with.) However, the twists doesn't wash out at all and I do see budding at the roots.

Chcltrose, I'm unsure how you started your locs but I'm sure your hair is locing. Even small "feats" such as hair no longer raveling during washes, or hair beginning to stick up and act how it wants to (a.k.a teenage stage) are signs of change. A common saying is "A watched pot never boils" and the more you analyze and look at your hair every day, the less likely you'll see a change. For me, to stay patient is to, once a month, notice those small changes and leave it be. For example, when I noticed it stopped unraveling for me during washes, I already knew that I was well on my way to loc'd hair and kept focused on changing myself like how my locs are changing. I actually do once a month picture journals so when I get frustrated I go back and look at how far my hair has come. That keeps me patient and at peace.

HTH
    Last edited by DaBlackLady; 08-19-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Formatting issues >.>
    BC: Nov. 29, 2007
    Locs: Dec. 07, 2011
    BC #2: July 11, 2018

Member since November 2007

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for responding. I started my locs with comb coils. I try not to keep looking at them ,lol. would it be a bad thing to cover them up with a wig? I am curious because i don't want to keep messing with them once i get them retwisted. my hair always frizzes up when its hot, even after i get them re done. so i am not sure if covering them after i get them retwisted will help me not watch the pot.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi chcltroses, I will be 6 months in on 9/15, I don't even care about the fuzzies anymore. I started with comb coils too on thin hair, wore a wig for 2 months, it was too hot and uncomfortable so I chucked the wigs and let my babies breathe. I am antsy too, I take pics every month and that's when I see some growth otherwise when I look in the mirror everyday, i see fuzz, nothing else lol! Good luck and hang in there!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks. I just got them retwisted monday and was told that they finally locked so now i can do my first wash. I had been using a dry shampoo by Organic root stimulator. I am going to see if i can style them after. I brought some rollers, but i really want some pipe cleaners

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious how everyone's locs are progressing. I've got one month until my first year. Time flies. Initially, I planned to interlock. Never happened though. As I watched more youtube vids and read about maintenance methods, I decided to freeform.

I love the fullness but I'm missing out on the length for sure.

Still have the initial twist pattern in more than half of my locs. Doesn't bother me though.

My "routine" - Rinse a few times a week. Wash and condition with rosemary or wash with a diluted clear shampoo. I don't use any oils. Think that keeps the lint away also. I don't cover my locs at night. If I used oil or products that attracted lint, I'd cover them. Separate once every month or two. Henna once every month or two.

Such a relaxed, low maintenance style for me. I am loving locs.

7. Likes Sahha liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'all, I'm pretty sure I'm going through the awkward stage with my locs. It's a little frustrating actually. I'd like to at least have some ppl to share the journey with. I'm gonna be three months into my journey on the 3rd of November. I'd appreciate a loc buddy, really..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear you ChisomNatural, after my 3rd month, it got better for me. When I hit 4 months, I really fell in love with my locs and it further affirmed my decision to loc. They don't lie when they say patience is the key!
    Hang in there, it gets better each day..month! I get my hair retwisted every month and that's when I see significant changes! Take pics or make videos, you will be amazed to see the difference each month...

10. Likes ChisomNatural liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been wearing a wig since I first installed my two-strand twists to loc my hair. I was not comfortable with the length of my hair. Thanks a lot for your response. I'm working on being patient, really. I'm looking forward to my hair thickening up. Right now it just looks super frizzy. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the fact that I only used water/oil to re-twist it (I've only retwisted once btw).

I'm scared of having build-up and because my locs are on the small side, I worry that if buildup occurs, it'll cause my locs to be heavier and eventually break off...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The frizz is to be expected the first few months, so I don't think it has anything to do with oil and water that you use for retwisting. Just keep the products light and at a minimum and you will be free of buildup.
    Patience my friend! You will see them thickening and less frizz in no time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast