Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How Do You Feel About Black Women With Blonde Hair?

A former student of mine from the Middle East has what they call an "olive" skin tone, which to me is another way of saying "dark white." When she was my student her hair was wavy and dyed a kind of dark honey-blonde. Since then she has been dyeing her hair very pale blonde (not quite platinum) and wearing it pin-straight. IMO it just. doesn't. work.

All of this is to say that finding the right shade of blonde is tricky and it gets trickier as the skin gets darker...and that goes for lots of folks, not just black folks.

As a dark-skinned black woman, I would never and will never wear any kind of blonde hair. Not everything's for everybody and blonde hair just isn't for me. I was told a long time ago that I could probably get away with platinum blonde but in another decade or so my hair will be silver-white naturally with no stripping or bleaching involved. So I'm good until then...

Note that I'm talking about DYED or ADDED-ON blonde hair. Most black-identified people I know who have naturally blonde hair look good with it. Nearly all of them have dark sandy blonde hair and light skin. I do realize that there are dark-skinned Koori (Australian indigenous) with naturally blonde hair, but to be completely honest, it looks weird. But that's ME.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Curly T is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooooo...does that mean people who dye their hair blue want to be smurfs?

I'm just saying, not everybody who dyes their hair is suffering from an identity crisis. Also some of the best blondes I have seen are very dark skinned black women with platinum blonde low cuts (natural hair).

Years ago, I also saw one very dark black girl with platinum blonde streaks in her jet black relaxed hair, whilst this was not for me, I thought she looked awesome at the time.

We need to get away from colorism and type casting. Its just hair at the end of the day. If you wake up one morning and decide that you want to be blonde, blue, green, whatever, that is up to you. So long as you are secure in yourself and realise that it is just a look that does not define you. Also make sure that you see a professional stylist because there is nothing worse than a botched job.

Stay true to yourself and don't let others define you.

3. Thanks CoilyHairedBeauty thanked for this post
    Likes Islandprincess 85 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say If you want to do something do it and not let someone else views and opinions on what they feel your beauty is worth or should look like dictate your decisions. however people should realize that everything isn't for everybody( i.e. certain hair colors, make colors, clothes(sizes) etc..) things can be done in moderation and done to enhance one's on natural beauty not done to make you look out of place and foolish.

I remember when I wanted burgundy weave and I went right into the hair store and asked for help I knew that for my complexion a certain color was necessary and straight off the bat told the worker don't give me fire engine red hair( which she was definitely looking to show me) I want color that will fit my complexion(something different than my normal) but I also want to maintain a cute and professional look.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I attempted to do the blonde hair thing. it looked horrible on me so I went over it with a red vegetable dye. I rocked it for a few years and finally went back to my old graying self. I wasn't even thinking about yt folks I was just craving for a change, something new, funky and unexpected. Mixed reviews but it worked out just as I wanted it to in the end. It was Me_v.2. for fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Expecting the world to treat you kindly because you are a good person is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Live and let live!
    GiiGii

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011