PDA

View Full Version : I Flat Ironed

carebear
07-10-2008, 05:36 AM
well about 3weeks to a month ago, i call myself flatironing my hair. and it looked really good too. i kept this style going for a week and after that week i washed and it seemed as if my hair had returned back to itself but not really. see, in january i cut my hair off again just to start fresh in the new year and all. had worn my hair pretty much in wash and go's and fro. no time to twist so decided to do the flat ironing thing. this is after 5 months of wonderful growth. my hair was so much different than the first time i bc'd. anyways, since the flat ironing, my hair has flopped and now i miss the texture i had before i did it. it's a straight and loose curly mixture that is heartbreaking to me. i wonder about even putting in twist because i don't think they will stay twisted as they would have if i had not flat ironed. i don't know. i've gone back and forth between cutting it off AGAIN and just braiding it up with box braids or getting some type of braid xtensions. what do you think? please help!!!!!! :blush: is there a bandaid for this booboo? :unsure:

AuNappturale
07-10-2008, 05:42 AM
Cut off the damaged ends and learn from this lesson. Heat is very damaging to our hair. Feel better soon.

Sounds like another one for the Heat Archives (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53).

Samii2004
07-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Cut off the damaged ends and learn from this lesson. Heat is very damaging to our hair. Feel better soon.

Sounds like another one for the Heat Archives (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53).
[/b]

I concur with AuNappturale. If you really don't want to cut right away,then get braid or twist extensions and let your hair grow and cut it off little by little until the damaged ends are gone..

natural06
07-10-2008, 07:24 AM
NO MORE HEAT LADY!!!!!!!!. Cut little by little until it's gone. I agree with everyone else put some kinky twists in and allow your hair to grow out.

mymy
07-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I agree. Either bite the bullet and BC or "transition" out of the damaged hair and cut a little at a time. Most of all, stay away from that heat. At least you learned this lesson now, after 5 months of growth instead of having to throw away 5 years of growth.

mwedzi
07-10-2008, 02:48 PM
How many times have you washed it? Wash with a mild protein shampoo and deep condition a couple of times. If it doesn't revert after that, you may be out of luck. Sorry. :( Heat can be very damaging.