PDA

View Full Version : I'm Ready To Do The Bc, But...

NOLA_Freebird
07-25-2008, 01:40 PM
A couple of weekends ago I did a rollerset for my cousins baby shower. I sat under the hair dryer to dry my hair and it seems to have straigtened out a lot of my naps (esp. In the back). I keep co-washing in hopes that it will curl back up, but to no avail. What can I do to get my naps back? Please help :(

mymy
07-25-2008, 02:32 PM
That sounds like heat damage. How long were you under the dryer? What was the heat setting? Other posters say to try deep conditioning, but if it doesn't revert then you will have to cut it off.

NOLA_Freebird
07-25-2008, 03:24 PM
That sounds like heat damage. How long were you under the dryer? What was the heat setting? Other posters say to try deep conditioning, but if it doesn't revert then you will have to cut it off.
[/b]

I was under for a very long time, and then b/c I'd co-washed it with evoo and didn't rinse enough out it took extra long to dry so I had to use the blowdryer to dry as well.

mymy
07-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Your hair got fried then. Just because it was a hood dryer doesn't make it safe. If you do a rollerset again use the cool setting (room temperature air) if possible. It will take longer to dry, but your hair won't get damaged.

ledavis1
07-25-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I recently had a similar problem (which can be seen in my fotki). I had my hair s.traightened recently and when I washed it, some of it wasn't nappy anymore. I was so hurt (especially because I just started wearing puffs, and they were looking great).

Co-washing didn't work right away but now, about a month and a half after, its returning to its natural state. No more stringy parts making my puff look bad. :D So, I guess what I'm trying to say is to give it time. It may not revert back right away but, if it wasn't too damaged, it'll go back. If not, you'll have to cut it. Maybe give it another month or so and see what happens to your hair.

Maryah04
07-28-2008, 11:33 PM
I am not an expert :unsure: but I would wait it out for a while before you cut it. Also the less manipulation the better. This might allow hair to return to natural state. also I would suggest co wash as much as possible. Good luck w/ this issue :D

keepingfaith08
07-31-2008, 01:58 PM
I hope it isn't damaged, that would be horrible. I agree with everyone else in that you should give it time before you choose to cut it off and see if it will revert to napps.

Afrodisiac_W
07-31-2008, 09:19 PM
there is really nothing you can do to make the napps come back tomorrow. i would just do your normal routine (washing, condish, deep condish) and in a few weeks it will probably come back