PDA

View Full Version : Hot Oil Treatments Braids And Dominican Blowouts

Fantaszabeautiie
07-28-2008, 04:23 PM
So guys I have been natural for 6 months. [I'm 14] This is my plan!
I get my hair braided [with extensions or without] 60% of the time
I do hot oil treatments sometimes once a month or twice depending if I go to the pool and such.
I NEVER had a wash and set before [by the dominicans] But I want to get one about 20% of the time
when my hair is not done AFTER getting a hot oil treatment.
Then the other 20% I'll just let my natural hair flow free.

What do you think ?

EmpressRi
07-28-2008, 04:32 PM
hey sis!! we don't talk about heat here so this thread might be closed. it's your head of hair but they use extremely high heat and treat your hair so roughly that you might permanently alter the texture of your hair.

i prefer deep conditioning to hot oil treatments btw. i like oiling my hair right before washing, and i let it sit overnight. i don't use it warm though.

wait, okay im almost lying. i warm up vatika oil a little bit in hot water before applying to my hair. then i saturate my hair with it and sleep with a satin scarf.

mymy
07-28-2008, 05:36 PM
I agree with EmpressRi, leave the heat out of your routine because it is very damaging. The rest of your routine sounds fine. If you want your hair washed and set, do it at home and let your hair airdry. You can look in the styling forum located in the Napptural Hair Discussion forum for some ideas on how to do it without heat. Good luck.

ImageCoach
07-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi Fantaszabeautiie,
I would NOT go to the Dominican shop to get your hair done - as was stated earlier, they use a LOT of heat on hair to get it impossibly straight - they literally burn the life out of your hair!

You are already natural, so I would suggest looking around the site for ideas on more hairdos so the variety is there. You say you're only 14 - how does your mom feel about you being natural? Is her hair natural? You could also ask her for advice...even if your mom is not natural, talk to her about your hair so she feels included. She might have options for you that you hadn't thought of. And keep visiting Nappturality.com - its the best place to learn how to take care of your beautiful natural hair!