PDA

View Full Version : Have You Tried

nipnappy
04-10-2004, 02:25 AM
:doh I used this on my hair and the results are bad.

My hair seems to be drier and is unraveling. Sometimes I am a bit obsessive and paranoid about my locs.
Has anyone tried this product or Black Earth Products? What have been your results with it?

vetpoo
04-24-2004, 04:26 AM
:huh I have used Waajid's mist bodifier and have loved the effect it has on my comb coils. Yes, it can have that unravelling effect but I stopped using it evey day and only use it every 3 or 4 days. I clean with Waajid's Master Clenz (acts as an antiseptic) when I get dandruff and then mist. I don't know how often you were using it, every one has different types of hair. Try using it less often. Hope that helps.
Peace

linn
04-24-2004, 06:21 PM
I use it occassionally with good results, although, I dilute it heavily with distilled water. I find that it can cause build up and stickiness if I don't. I only use it once a week.

I also use Aveda's Elixir, diluted heavily, with good results also.

BlkButterflye
04-27-2004, 02:52 PM
i did not use it when i had locs but it works well on my fro

frstdawn
04-27-2004, 03:47 PM
i noticed the stickiness and build up linn mentioned.. if i spritz at all anymore its a rosemary/lavender/water mix.

D

marissasensei
04-27-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by linn@Apr 24 2004, 10:21 AM
I use it occassionally with good results, although, I dilute it heavily with distilled water.
I do the same thing. It works well, but I've put it away for a few months until my locs mature a bit more b/c it makes my hair a little too soft.

Tabbitha68
04-28-2004, 01:32 PM
I use the product also, but not every day. When I do, I also use it diluted cause it tends to soften the hair and cause unraveling. But I love it because its light and conditions well.

fashionsista
04-29-2004, 09:08 PM
I've used it (my locks are 1 1/2 yrs old) and after use it feels sticky and weird (for want of a better word). I like the smell but don't really care for the way it makes my hair feel. I like their shampoos and conditioner but I don't care for their other products, like the mist and the curl lotion for the reasons above.

blaqdredhd
04-30-2004, 05:29 AM
not able to access your photos on yahoo even after signing in...what's good?

ETA:
i haven't used the products, but maybe the hairshow coming up will change my mind... :cow:

wannabenappy
04-30-2004, 02:44 PM
I use it just about every other day on my locs as a replacement for oil. It keeps my hair soft without it feeling like it has "stuff" in it. I've found for me that the trick is to mist it on right before I get in a hot shower and cover with a plastic cap. When I get out my locs are soft and moisturized.

niknik
05-01-2004, 11:51 AM
I've never heard of this stuff. It sounds interesting. Where can you buy it?

wannabenappy
05-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by niknik@May 1 2004, 06:51 AM
I've never heard of this stuff. It sounds interesting. Where can you buy it?

www.blackearthproducts.com (http://www.blackearthproducts.com)

The product is called protective mist bodifier.