PDA

View Full Version : Redken All Soft users....

twistednubian
04-04-2003, 05:37 AM
I just noticed that this product as a cone. Has anyone noticed any effects. If you weren't aware of this, will you continue to use it?

krazeenapps
04-04-2003, 07:39 AM
I've used them before (the conditioner and the heavy cream), and I did recognize that they have cones. I haven't noticed any side effects aside from softer hair. I will definitely use them up until they are done, at which point, I will decide if I want to continue using them.

The way I see it is, just about every hair care product you can buy in the store has something that's not good for you: the parabens, the PEGs, laureths, some alcohols, carbomers, PVP, TEA and DEA... I have yet to find anything that is seriously natural or beneficial to your health (aside from Aubrey Organics). I even got so paranoid I stopped using anything that had a chemical I had read bad things about. But it really limited my options, and my hair suffered. If it works for you (and these have), then why mess up a good thing? So I just might keep on with Redken. I've kept on with a lot of products that technically just aren't good for the hair.

truepeace
04-04-2003, 12:46 PM
I really like this conditioner. I had some of this from my relaxed days and I used it all. It did a good job with conditioning, especially when used with a heat cap. I bought some of this again the other day. It was 30% off at Trade Secret. I never noticed the cone but I think it will become one of my staples. I have tried alot of conditioners (expensive and inexpensive) and this one is one of the best by far. My hair really likes avocado oil so I am thinking that is one of the reasons why my hair loves it.

LaKinkyFemme
04-08-2003, 05:25 PM
I really like this conditioner. I had some of this from my relaxed days and I used it all. It did a good job with conditioning, especially when used with a heat cap. I bought some of this again the other day. It was 30% off at Trade Secret. I never noticed the cone but I think it will become one of my staples. I have tried alot of conditioners (expensive and inexpensive) and this one is one of the best by far. My hair really likes avocado oil so I am thinking that is one of the reasons why my hair loves it.

Does anyone not like this conditioner. It makes my hair hard. Looking for a better deep conditioner.

Lakinkyfemme

NappGirlCurl
04-08-2003, 06:43 PM
I use it and love it. I'm not sure how bad silicones are, but I will continue to use it (until I can figure out how to make something similar at home).

Sekhmet
04-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Does anyone not like this conditioner. It makes my hair hard.

I just used it Sunday after having it a month. It was okay but it did do something funny to my hair. I can't really describe what. I'm gonna use the rest ('cause I paid good $ for it), but I won't be buying it again.

Sekhmet

LaKinkyFemme
04-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Does anyone not like this conditioner. It makes my hair hard.

I just used it Sunday after having it a month. It was okay but it did do something funny to my hair. I can't really describe what. I'm gonna use the rest ('cause I paid good $ for it), but I won't be buying it again.

Sekhmet

Finally! Someone who thinks Redken Allcream is not that hot. I thought it was just my quirky hair.

LaKinkyFemme

littlefish
04-08-2003, 07:18 PM
@ LaKinkyFemme and Sekhmet:

I haven't had tremendous results either. I'll finish the bottle of regular conditioner and the Heavy Cream (yes ... I bought both ...), but I don't see my buying it again. I'd rather stick with my trusty Elucence.

Maybe it's the 'cones in it. I hadn't thoroughly checked out the ingredients list, but I'll bet that's what it is.

littlefish

twistednubian
04-09-2003, 04:08 AM
Finally! Someone who thinks Redken Allcream is not that hot. I thought it was just my quirky hair.

LaKinkyFemme

I was just waiting on someone to say it. It did NOTHING for me. I can't say it was the cones though.......I love the Pantene Relaxed and Natural Intensive Conditioner.

Please, don't shoot! :snipersmile: I come in peace!!!!

LuvJones
04-09-2003, 04:32 AM
I love it but i'm looking for something cheaper!

LJ

AFashionSlave
04-12-2003, 05:20 AM
I know that this must be a stupid question, but what is a CONE?

Sekhmet
04-12-2003, 05:36 AM
I know that this must be a stupid question, but what is a CONE?

Popular ingredients in hair products (e.g. Silicone, Dimethicone, Trimethicone, Cylomethicone. etc.) that coat your hair to make in shiny, sometimes gives a greasy feeling.

Sekhmet

cocoamil
04-14-2003, 08:34 PM
This product worked fine when my hair was relaxed but as of December 17, 2002, when I did the big chop. I used the products, and it just sat on my hair, maybe because I was in the scab phase but now 3 months later with 1 1/2" growth it's sitting in my product graveyard 2 liters of shampoo, 1 liter of conditioner, and a tube of heavy cream. Yeah I spent the money, my mother loves it but her hair is still relaxed, so she'll be getting this shipment... :?