PDA

View Full Version : Eat Right For Your Type....

treneece
04-04-2003, 07:05 PM
Has anyone tried the Eat Right for Your Blood Type diet? If so, did you see results? I've been reading about it and I've decided to try it.

krazeenapps
04-04-2003, 11:32 PM
I haven't tried it, but it seems interesting.

I'm type O, and they say I should eat meat (no problem as long as I don't HAVE to eat red meat), cut out grains (I LOVE wheat! And I like oatmeal!), do vigorous aerobic exercise, and it says I'll get arthritis if I don't follow this. And they say I don't do as well with dairy as, say, type B. :?

I don't know if I could completely go along with this, but I could do a moderated version.

GalaxyGirl2010
04-05-2003, 12:11 AM
so basically the diet restricts caloric intake and tells you to exercise.... :?:

krazeenapps
04-05-2003, 12:34 AM
This is the website I read it on... Eat Right For Your Type (http://www.webworker.com/index/fr.er4yt.html). Mine says high protein low carbs, vigorous exercise.

Apparently, even the two people who did this couldn't stick to it, because they were type O and were having rice and cheese! So there's a limit to everything. I need my yogurt. I need my raisin bread. And I don't think I wanna give them up yet.

I wonder if that means that vegans with blood type O are screwing themselves over. Oh, well. This is what worked for them.

treneece
04-05-2003, 01:11 AM
I'm type A so I'm supposed to not eat meat. I love seafood and dairy products so that's a problem for me. (Gotta go, at school right now)

treneece
04-05-2003, 01:21 AM
This is the website I read it on... Eat Right For Your Type (http://www.webworker.com/index/fr.er4yt.html). Mine says high protein low carbs, vigorous exercise.

Apparently, even the two people who did this couldn't stick to it, because they were type O and were having rice and cheese! So there's a limit to everything. I need my yogurt. I need my raisin bread. And I don't think I wanna give them up yet.

I wonder if that means that vegans with blood type O are screwing themselves over. Oh, well. This is what worked for them.

(I'm back) The diet tells me to stay away from some foods I like. I'm going to try the diet anyway, but I'm not going to give up EVERYTHING.

nappturallymeRG
04-06-2003, 11:05 PM
It honestly seems like just another program that restricts a healthy, balanced diet. I personally would never try something of the sort because it seems too one- sided, and the body needs all kinds of foods (and exercise) to stay healthy, and i've never heard of the blood type being a determining factor.

NaturalLove
04-07-2003, 02:31 AM
A lot of people in the medical community do not back this up. There's no scientific evidence supporting this.

nappturallymeRG
04-07-2003, 02:38 AM
A lot of people in the medical community do not back this up. There's no scientific evidence supporting this.

That makes sense.. :D

candigirl
04-08-2003, 03:32 AM
It honestly seems like just another program that restricts a healthy, balanced diet. I personally would never try something of the sort because it seems too one- sided, and the body needs all kinds of foods (and exercise) to stay healthy, and i've never heard of the blood type being a determining factor.

ITA, it just sounds like another diet plan, I don't believe in diets, I believe in eating healthy as possible and exercising. I've never heard anything about dieting according to your blood type, I don't see the logic behind that.

Azion264
04-08-2003, 08:28 PM
A naturopathic (spelling?) Doctor that I know was talking to me about this eating plan a little while ago. He was saying this is the only method he would suggest to his patients, it wasn't really designed for weight loss, it has a more profound effect on the immune system, and preventing chonic diseases. He explained it really well, it had something to do with antibodies... I wish I could remember what he said, it was really interesting.

It's not really surprising that the medical community doesn't "support" this plan... they're not really known for "thinking outside the box" :roll: nor are they known for conducting studies on "medical" methods that don't already fall in line with western practices. It's funny.. the medical establishment will shun something and refuse fund studies about it, and then use the logic that it is not a good idea BECAUSE it hasn't been tested.. :roll:

LotsOfLocs
04-08-2003, 08:43 PM
I am an O I believe. That is what my mom thinks. It says Os should eat meat and I am vegan.

winnie
04-10-2003, 07:09 AM
A naturopathic (spelling?) Doctor that I know was talking to me about this eating plan a little while ago. He was saying this is the only method he would suggest to his patients, it wasn't really designed for weight loss, it has a more profound effect on the immune system, and preventing chonic diseases. He explained it really well, it had something to do with antibodies... I wish I could remember what he said, it was really interesting.

It's not really surprising that the medical community doesn't "support" this plan... they're not really known for "thinking outside the box" :roll: nor are they known for conducting studies on "medical" methods that don't already fall in line with western practices. It's funny.. the medical establishment will shun something and refuse fund studies about it, and then use the logic that it is not a good idea BECAUSE it hasn't been tested.. :roll:

Actually a lot more stuff is tested than you think. The problem is that they don't produce results when placed under scrutiny. You should be very wary of any diet plan that's not based on any hard science. Modern medicine is very open to alternative therapies as long as they work. Currently Bayor is doing a huge study in conjunction with traditional Tibetan monks in order to get new treatments for cancer. My professors are extra excited about it, b/c the treatments the Tibetan monks are doing are having real success. If it works, then by all means, embrace it. But be wary of anyone who tells you modern medicine doesn't embrace it but that's b/c they want your money. They probably just want you to buy whatever it is you're selling.

krazeenapps
04-10-2003, 07:13 AM
ITA, it just sounds like another diet plan, I don't believe in diets, I believe in eating healthy as possible and exercising. I've never heard anything about dieting according to your blood type, I don't see the logic behind that.

Exactly, as if the food reacts with the blood and that's how you lose weight. :? :? Food is not floating around in your bloodstream (or is it?)! I do not deal with diets anymore. I try to eat reasonably, have my fun occasionally, and exercise. It's so sad when people live and die by every last diet that is out there. Diets don't work! Not unless you're planning on gaining the weight back.

All-Natural
09-14-2004, 05:10 AM
I'm an O but I've been converting to a
vegetarian diet but I can bee the validity
in the theories in the book.

I saw a lot of familiar things in the chart on this page (scroll down) (http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/rwgully/theories/eatright.htm)