PDA

View Full Version : JC Penny Salons

Inspired
04-04-2003, 10:13 PM
Any naturals visited the JC Penny Salons? I was in the store and stopped by the and noticed that they have a special stylist for just about everything including natural hair. I'm kinda ifi. Everytime I think JC Penny salon..... I think they are not skilled to handle my natural hair and might try to suggest a relaxer.

afrikankween
04-04-2003, 10:43 PM
I went there once for a blow out and trim. When I said blow out, the stylist thought I mean a texturized blow out and she was about 2 inchs from head before I smelled the creamy crack. I caught her wrist. She then proceeded to wash, blow out, and trim my ends. She then did this little bouffant curl. It was about $35. It was an ok job. My hair isnt meant to be straight so the blowout wasnt stick straight. I would give it 3 stars out of 5.

Na
04-05-2003, 07:06 AM
While I haven't used JCPenny for hair services myself. The stylist at the one near me not only is a member of my church but does my pastor and his wife's hair. Their locs always look good and she does an awesome job of styling them as well.

niki000
04-05-2003, 03:48 PM
I went there for my big chop, and I went back for a trim. I don't think the people at the salon near me can do much more than that, but there are about 4 jcpenny's in the area, so one of them should have a natural hair stylist. The chop and the trim both cost me about $10 each. Lately I've been getting my eyebrows done there too.

noname
04-06-2003, 03:53 AM
My mom loves them and when I went to make an appt with one of the girls there she was booked for like 3 months so I never went.

bruinhotty
04-08-2003, 06:14 PM
I think it depends on the stylists at the salon. I had a friend that worked at one and she was really good, but one of her coworkers was horrible. I saw the work he did on a little girl and her hair was JACKED!!! So I think JC Penny doesnt really have a general reputation, like Carlton's on some swanky salon.

candigirl
04-08-2003, 07:44 PM
I was just at the mall the other day with my sister, and we went their to get our eyebrows done, the man who did my eyebrows was talking to me about my hair, so I took the opportunity to ask him if they did natural hair. He told me yes, but I didn't care for how he said it, he said well there's really nothing to it, maybe I took it the wrong way, but I'd like someone who cares a little bit more about how my hair is treated.

z3000zee
04-09-2003, 01:03 PM
when i was relaxed, i went to a JCPenney salon for a little while. she did a pretty good job.

-Z

CEE26
04-14-2003, 01:15 PM
back in the day...(only for eyebrows)

ava1
04-17-2003, 03:48 PM
After my BIG CHOP I went ther for a shape up. They did a decent job.

ChocolatChaud
04-30-2003, 11:33 PM
I got my locks washed, twisted and dryed at the JCpenney's salon once. That's before I went freeform.

napptical1
05-15-2003, 08:39 PM
The first time I attempted transitioning, I went to a stylist in the JCP at the Mall in Columbia (maryland). I have to say my straw set came out nice and she did not give me grief about having two textures of hair as some stylists do. She made me feel confident that I had options and I was pleased with the result. Can't remember her name. They had 2 stylists that did natural hair at the time. :thumbsup:

mochacaremel
05-22-2003, 06:14 PM
Well, ya'll I'm convinced! I called up my local J.C. Penney's and the lady there said they do starter locs, twists and braids!

I am going in for a "consultation" today and I believe I will be able to judge if they know what they're doing...

If all goes well, I will get twists...

Stay tuned to this thread...I will come back to update.

Mocha

allsmilez
06-06-2003, 02:13 PM
Yes, I've been to JCPennys... as a matter of fact, so have my children... my son's coils were done there, and so were my daughter's flat twists... I go there all the time... and the prices if very reasonable... $40 - $50

queyst
07-06-2003, 08:15 AM
Anyone in Phoenix or Mesa Arizona that knows of JCP in area that does braids? Queyst

http://public.fotki.com/Queyst/

CocoButta
07-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Does anyone have experience at the JCpenney in Woodbridge Mall, New Jersey? I called and they said they did natural hair, but if anyone has info, I would so appreciate it!

Barbie
07-12-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by bruinhotty@Apr 8 2003, 12:14 PM
I think it depends on the stylists at the salon. I had a friend that worked at one and she was really good, but one of her coworkers was horrible. I saw the work he did on a little girl and her hair was JACKED!!! So I think JC Penny doesnt really have a general reputation, like Carlton's on some swanky salon.
I agree.

I have been going to the same stylist for about 2 years now. She does my cornrows and gives me a blowout every now and then. She knows I am going natural and never gives me any flack about it. I am going call and ask her if she can do my twists for me sometime also.