PDA

View Full Version : Stir Fry

Natural Kinks
04-15-2004, 02:27 AM
I am thinking about teriyaki sauce. If I go with teriyaki sauce, would I stir fry the veggies in the teriyaki sauce or in olive oil? Any other suggestions about how to make stir fry tasty? TIA.

BlakReign
04-15-2004, 01:26 PM
When I make stirfry, I cook the veggies lightly in olive oil and garlic, with a dash of red peppers. I like my stir fry spicy. Then in the last stages I add Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Sauce.

snuckles
04-19-2004, 05:53 PM
Try adding Jerk Sauce to spice it up. Yum!

CurlsWannaHaveFun
04-22-2004, 10:14 PM
I stir fry in a bit of sesame oil (very flavorful) and saute chopped garlic and minced ginger before adding veggies of choice (bok choy, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, whatever). I also add some five spice powder for kick. YUM!

Opportunitylocks
05-05-2004, 07:25 AM
add some chopped nuts. Seaseme, cashews, peanuts and even walnuts can really perk up some stirfry. I like to add things like fresh ginger and a bit of fresh orange juice. Also try spiffing up the rice as well by making it coconut ginger rice instead of plain rice.

PrincessDrRe
05-30-2004, 03:27 PM
I add so much to my stir-fry that some in my family call it stir-trash...as you can't tell what is in it....but it is good!!!

One of my fav sauces is about a teaspoon of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of Kitchen Bouquet, and 1/2 cup of water. This sauce gives the stir fry a "sweet" like taste and a nice brownish glaze. If it is too thin for you, add a bit of cornstarch.--I also add chopped tomatoes right when it is done and ready for the table.

Other add in's:

Lots of Onion (doesn't matter what kind....)

Asparagus (Yes! Black folks eat it!-thinking about another thread....)

Bok Choy (this is .....um....gassy for some....ahem!)

Pre-cooked cabbage

...just about anything left over or what I have on hand!

Curlicious
06-03-2004, 12:38 AM
Try a little peanut butter and Thai red chili paste. Thin out both in a little water first. You can find the paste in the ethnic food section of the supermarket or definitely at an Asian market.

Imara
06-08-2004, 11:37 AM
I like to add Hoison sauce - if I am using seafood I like to add a little fish sauce. The quality of your soy sauce can really effect your stirfry. I also like to add thai bird chillies, and fresh ginger.

PoetiklyFroed
06-19-2004, 06:00 AM
bump. can't cook so I make stir fry verrrry often :thumbsup
-froed