PDA

View Full Version : Alot Of People Will Have A Problem With This But...

kinkykea
09-22-2008, 02:55 PM
I know my words will be likened to committing napptural suicide BUT.. I've been Napptural for about 3 years now (w/o any heat) and plan on blowdrying and flat ironing my hair for a formal event. With that said, I would like to pull it back into one of those "donut" buns and was wondering what to use for the form. Also, if possible, please post instructions and/or a pic of your best pulled back bun. Thanks!

olympia621
09-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Afashionslave has a tutorial for a nappy donut bun. check it out.

reesespep
09-22-2008, 03:26 PM
maybe you shouldnt have mentioned the fla.t ironing and blowdrying b/c the mods will close your post. one time i posted a question about whether or not it was safe to blow dry if you did it on a cool setting and i got shot down and shut down!!!!!! Try opening another topic asking for sudgestions for just buns or other formal hairstyles...im pretty sure you dont have to straighten your hair with heat to get your hair into a bun

boingboing
09-22-2008, 03:27 PM
theres a girl on fotki who did this. she used a few rolled up stockings to form the bun. and it came out really really cute. i will try to find her page for you. she does step by step intrustions but she does use heat.

also i think you can achieve this look without heat. just set you hair in a pony tail while wet and buy one of those cute clip on buns from the beauty supply store. no heat no fuss. but i will message you the link. i think your post will be closed becasue of "heat talk"?

kinkykea
09-22-2008, 03:32 PM
the problem is that I want my hair to have a really straight sleek look and the donut buns in the BSS are all phony shiny rel@xed hair.. my bad on the heat talk.. if there is another way to achieve this look w/o heat, I welcome it.

boingboing
09-22-2008, 03:40 PM
okay i left her fotki link in your fotki guestbook good luck...

kinkykea
09-22-2008, 03:49 PM
okay i left her fotki link in your fotki guestbook good luck...
[/b]

thanks for th e link!