PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever P.ressed You Hair Only To Find That

tenia0419
10-08-2008, 12:04 AM
I recently p.ressed my hair to trim and also out of curiosity... As suspected, I had lot's of growth and I was in need of a trim.. I cut about 2 inches in split ends, which isn't bad since I hadn't lifted scissors to my head in about four months

Anyway, I enjoyed the sort of fluffy straightness of of it for a couple of days because of the lenght and the bigness of it... Now, I am really annoyed with it... It's sort of in a semi fro status and it keeps shedding....

Not to mention, Even though It's frizzy, and pulled back into a ponytail that sort of looks like a turned since I did not braid or twist it, I keep hearing how cute it is all day... The funny part is, If I always had sleek straightened hair, I would have been made fun of for "needing to get my hair done"... :rolleyes:

Anyway, Friday, after work, I will be saying goodbye to the p.ress out... And good riddance (I hope I spelled that Correctly)... Me and my Fro are coming back!!! :D

afro_puff_sista2
10-08-2008, 12:36 AM
heck to the naw am i going to p.ress my hair!!!!!! and even if i wanted to see the length and what not i still wouldnt do it!!!!

seek_first
10-08-2008, 12:47 AM
I get it p.ressed once every year, and I enjoy the two weeks of low maintenance tangle free hair. But I always end up missing my curls earlier than the two weeks is up. But I don't style my hair when its straight, I just pull it into a ponytail until i have time to wash/deep condition.

Cerendipity
10-08-2008, 01:01 AM
I'm scared crazy my hair won't revert back to its curls. I'm so in love with the fullness of my twists and how plump and juicy they look. Its odd because I never knew it was curly and now that I know heat isn't my friend I'm protecting my curls with a vengenance.

I'm so over straight hair on my natural head. If I want to get a diffrent look a weave can do that for me

bhop13
10-08-2008, 01:06 AM
I have a hard enough time dealing with the heat damaged hair that I have from pressing during transition so I won't be burning my hair straight at all. If I need to see length I'll just stretch it or put in some rods or something. Pressing is out of the question for me.

BrnNappyGrl
10-08-2008, 01:36 AM
I lost my fascination with skrait hurre back before I transitioned. Besides, if I didn't have an addiction to skrait hurre back when I had that chemical fyah cream, I know I'm not loving it now... heat is a no go on my head

trackgerl
10-08-2008, 01:40 AM
I can't say that I've p.ressed my hair recently, but I know what you mean about being over stretched hair. When I first went natural I was all about finding ways to wear my hair stretched. I was looking at banding and rollers and all sorts of stuff to achieve straight styles, but now I could care less. Every once in a while when I re-twist I get a nice little surprise that my hair has met another goal, but even then I don't want to have bone straight hair. I'm just excited to be able to maybe do some new styles and get a bigger puff.

KnottyAuthor
10-08-2008, 01:50 AM
i'm not saying i havent or didnt burn my hair straight when it was loose-but i will say everytime i did it turned it turned damaged. so i asked myself, why am i trimming my hair to make it healthy/ when it is making my hair sick?
so i stopped.
i began to twist trim or stretch my hair before I trimmed and my hair was much happier

coalblacklocs
10-08-2008, 01:57 AM
When I was loose and napptural, it wasn't much point. My hair is super thick and took a long time to p.ress and two minutes later, it looked like I hadn't done nothing to it at all. It'd shrink right back to where it wanted to be. So here I am, with my uncoordinated discombobulated self with little burns on my forehead and my ears and a sore scalp from pulling on my hair as I straightened, and nothing going on with my hair to show for it.

Too much fighting. Frizzy napps are just who I am.

Millah03
10-08-2008, 01:57 AM
I'm with you. EFF STRAIGHT HAIR!!!! Well for me anyways. lol

Earthen~Blossom
10-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Last time I pr.essed was over two years ago. Dunked my head in water a few hours later. Just doesn't do it for me anymore.

neo-sophisticate
10-08-2008, 02:47 AM
since i went napptural, the only thing i crave for my hair is HUGE-NESS...

i want nappy hair that spills over onto the desk of the blonde girl sitting behind me...

MWAHAHAHA!!!

anyway, i do have straight hair nightmares...
in the latest one, someone raked a searing flaming hot tool of hair torture through the front ride side of my napps..
i nearly had a sleeping heart attack! but at least it wasn't as bad as the one where some girl smeared that same spot with a glob of cfc... (shuddering)

so missing it? oh no.

i wonder about speacial occasions sometimes...

but I just remind myself that I don't need to straighten my hair to "clean up"
ya know?

mymy
10-08-2008, 03:17 AM
Like everyone else I am over having straight hair. I love my naps and am not willing to risk them by pressing it. If I did press it, the humidity would have it reverting in a matter of minutes. So what's the point?

sugarysnowpea
10-08-2008, 04:49 AM
I'm :shocker: that you cut 2inches off after only four months. Lol I'm too busy tryna retain my length to be cutting so much. I just stick to trims.

subbrock
10-08-2008, 05:17 AM
everytime i see my hair straight, im over it. youd think id learn my lesson and remember that i hate my hair straight but every few months i lose my mind and do it anyway.

Crescendo
10-08-2008, 05:17 AM
My mom really hates my natural hair and insists on me wearing it straight for family functions. Usually I'm like okay -- 'cause 4 times a year isn't that bad. But I am so over that mess and told her that I wouldn't do it again. If she has a problem with my hair... oh well. I fla.t ir.oned my hair on Saturday and on Sunday morning I washed it out, deep conditioned it, and twisted them. I LOVE my big, fat, juicy twists. Straigh.t hair makes me feel so boring like every other Black girl. My natural hair makes me feel bold and rebellious!!

reesespep
10-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Like everyone else I am over having straight hair. I love my naps and am not willing to risk them by pressing it. If I did press it, the humidity would have it reverting in a matter of minutes. So what's the point?
[/b]
that humidity is a beast down south my bff's sister got her hair pressed and it was ruined that same day b/c of the humidity...and honestly to me if i ever did burn my hair straight i would want bone straight hair and thats not posible b/c i would onyl be able to wear it inside b/c of teh humidity....whcih makes not sense at all...lol

Yekomod
10-08-2008, 01:27 PM
i never really cared for straight hair even before i was natural. My hair never would work with me and now i see what i was trying to fight with, its no wonder my hair won...lol. But this past year for my birthday(which happens to be spring break) my friends took me to miami, but they told me that if i wanted to get in the clubs on south beach i would have to put in some weave. so i let them do my hair. so they put this 10 inch straight weave in my hair, nothing to crazy it actually came out real nice and blended really well with my hair. EVERYONE LOVED IT except me. as soon as i saw it i wanted it to come out and thats what happen that style stayed in for four days. i just was not feeling the look at ALL i hated that i looked like everybody else, i felt like didnt stand out anymore. it wasnt for me. so i pretty much over the straight look. i may get my hair straighten for my moms birthday since she been begging for me to do so she can see how long its gotten, but that will be the first time i straighten my entire head so im a bit nervous about it...

tenia0419
10-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm scared crazy my hair won't revert back to its curls. I'm so in love with the fullness of my twists and how plump and juicy they look. Its odd because I never knew it was curly and now that I know heat isn't my friend I'm protecting my curls with a vengenance.
I'm so over straight hair on my natural head. If I want to get a diffrent look a weave can do that for me
[/b]

If I ever (which I doubt) get the itch for a straight look, I think I'll opt for a wig or weave next time also... Not to mention, my hair is really sort of heat resistance.. It never gets bone straight anyway and tends to start reverting and shrinking up within hours of being p.ressed... I'm hoping this works in my favor when I deep condition this weekend...

i never really cared for straight hair even before i was natural. My hair never would work with me and now i see what i was trying to fight with, its no wonder my hair won...lol. But this past year for my birthday(which happens to be spring break) my friends took me to miami, but they told me that if i wanted to get in the clubs on south beach i would have to put in some weave. so i let them do my hair. so they put this 10 inch straight weave in my hair nothing to crazy it actually came out real nice and blended really well with my hair. EVERYONE LOVED IT except me. as soon as i saw it i wanted it to come and thats what happen that style stayed in for four days. i just was not feeling the look at ALL i hated that i looked like everybody else, i didnt stand out anymore. it wasnt for me.
[/b]

I feel the same way.. I think that's why everyone else loves it straight so much... They feel more like they can relate to you because you look just like them and everyone else around...

I'm :shocker: that you cut 2inches off after only four months. Lol I'm too busy tryna retain my length to be cutting so much. I just stick to trims.
[/b]

:lol: Girl it was long over due... I should rephrase that... The last time I dusted my ends was four months ago... This is probably the most drastic cut I've had since I first started wearing my hair natural over 2 years ago... I'm hoping this will make detangling a little easier since I've noticed an increase in tangles lately... :D

ya~akua
10-08-2008, 01:47 PM
...i pressed my hair right before i started my locs for a black tie affair...my DH begged me to do it...so i went to the salon full of just all kinds of BLAAGHH! and when she was finished i luved it, but i also looked in the mirror and thought wow that isnt me anymore...it just didnt feel right, it was like an out of body experience and i locked up the next week...