PDA

View Full Version : Need A Loc Buddy In Upstate New York

swell123
11-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Hi, I start locing since Feb 08. I did it for spiritual and medical reasons. I always wanted to loc but I was wondering what people may say. I have High blood pressure. I had the chemical fire in my hair. The medication was breaking off my hair. I knew I could not stop taking the medication. So I decided to do the transitional thing. I ended up getting a weak chemical fire cream. I was not for sure sbout going natural. I realized that I got the weak chemical fire cream for the wrong reason. I wanted to please everybody. I realized that this is what my hair is. I can not change it. I should not be shame of it. So I end up getting braids to grow out my weak chemical fire cream as much as I can. I did the bc on Dec 07. I liked the afro but I did not want the temption of going back to the chemical fire. So I decided to loc my hair. It is more permanent and I once I started I could not turn back. The funny thing about this whole thing is my hair has grown so much. So people I know said black people doesn't grow fast. I had a spot in the back of my head that would not grow because a stylist relaxed my hair and cause damage there. Now, it has grown so much. I did not realize the stuff we put in our hair cause it not grow properly.

Now, I am living in upstate New York. I try DIY retwisting but it is not coming out. The nearest loctician is about 1 hr and 15 minutes away. I got there about every month. I make it a family trip. I want to learn how to do it myself.

chachadiva
01-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi,

I live in NYC. Congrats on your new locks. Since you want to maintain your own hair, have you looking into using a tool for tightening your new growth? There are many ways to do it. You can find videos on YouTube showing how to latch your looks. You can even look into using the Nappylocs tool: http://www.nappynhappy.com/.

I have Sisterlocks, but I'm available if you have any general lock questions.