PDA

View Full Version : Dry Hair..

Twisted_Sis
04-20-2004, 04:45 AM
Hello all,

i'm about 2 months into my journey and my hair is very dry. i grease my scalp about every 3 days with the mango and lime scalp grease. i have not washed my hair yet...there is some build up, but i use the latherless shampoo to take care of that. my ends had sorta knotted up, some, but not a whole lot. u think my hair would "tighten" if i washed it? my hair may do a lil better if i was actually clean u think? i'm trying to figure out what is really goin on with me hair. it's growing yea, but i'm wondering if my locs will look have the "rope" look. nice long and smooth..know what i mean. any input...

MsHardaway
04-20-2004, 05:51 AM
I noticed that my hair loves water. And the more I washed it, the more it progressed. Your hair will tighten each and every time that is dries from exposure to water (wash, rinse, spritz, etc..) I would strongly encourage you to wash your hair. If your hair unravels a bit it's cool, just retwist it. Eventually it will stay together. Your hair will also loose the rope look the further along you get. I noticed my hair starting to really change its outside appearance around month 5. Before then, it was matting internally. Once the inside is done, the outside will change and look more like a loc.

Ms Hardaway

skchocolate
04-20-2004, 06:14 AM
im at six months into my loc journey amd i wet my hair every chance i get. when i first started my locs i was told not to wet them. but when i shower i dont wear anything over my hair but the ones in the back always got wet from my shower and who knew the hair in the back is totally loced after only six months.

i will only put a mixture of she butter, olive oil, and shea butter oil in my hair. my hair is alway moisturized and soooo soft. and i ahev the type of hair that just soaks up anytype of moisture. so maybe you should think of a change in products, and more water.

about "the rope look" my hair is doing more of a spiralling staircase look. I see why its happeneing because im twisting braids our my double strands but i dont know if i like that. but because of my hair texture if that is what my hair does and thats the way my locs look hey i love love it!!!

checkout my hair album
password: love

marissasensei
04-20-2004, 06:27 AM
Sounds like you should wash your hair, or at least spritz it with some water. Grease doesn't really moisturize your hair, and if it's been 2 months since water has touched your hair, it makes sense that it'd feel dry.

sharynleigh
04-20-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by marissasensei@Apr 20 2004, 01:27 AM
Sounds like you should wash your hair, or at least spritz it with some water. Grease doesn't really moisturize your hair, and if it's been 2 months since water has touched your hair, it makes sense that it'd feel dry.
ITA

Sounds like your hair needs to be washed. Sometimes it appears dry when it is actually dirty. The latherless shampoo will really give it that dry look if used more than twice. Hair grease clogs up and will start flaking too if the scalp is dirty.