PDA

View Full Version : I miss church!

LaKinkyFemme
04-09-2003, 04:07 PM
I've been going to a Unitarian church for about 7 months now and I find it boring as hell. My spiritual path is earth/goddess centered and at first I liked the church because it is accepting of all beliefs. However, it is mostly made up of white humanists/pagans/atheists who are probably coming from Episcopalian/Methodist traditions. Now you guys know how some white churches are.... shall we say, not as lively as those of black folks. Perfect example: after the solo/musical selection, you are not allowed to clap or say amen or anything like that. They feel that will interfere with the "silence out of which the music arises."

The reason that I started going to church again is because I wanted my children to have what I had growing up. Some structured spirituality. I don't want to send them to traditional Christian churches because frankly, I don't believe in Jesus Christ as son of god/savior and I don't believe in hell or not listening to worldly music/not partying or some of the other tenets that my old church believes in. So I can't stomach sermons.

Any pagans or those with non-structured spiritual paths, please chime in!

LaKinkyFemme

starchild
04-09-2003, 05:08 PM
wow, i am not pagan but i do understand where you are coming from. I am sorta of in that boat. I actually told myself that if i have children i want to raise them up in the church for some structure and belifs.

I myself am confused on Jesus' role but i am praying and staying on my path. this is an interesting topic, are they're many pagans who are in your situation?

LaKinkyFemme
04-09-2003, 05:58 PM
wow, i am not pagan but i do understand where you are coming from. I am sorta of in that boat. I actually told myself that if i have children i want to raise them up in the church for some structure and belifs.

I myself am confused on Jesus' role but i am praying and staying on my path. this is an interesting topic, are they're many pagans who are in your situation?

Well, I would say the ones who didn't grow up with religious parents are fine. But for a lot of us who grew up in a strong Christian tradition, we miss the "service." I wish there was a pagan church, full of rituals and chanting and actually calling on a higher power. My church kinda feels spiritually dead. It's a church for the "free spirit" and really takes on a hippie flavor--full of activism, but minus the dancing with flowers in the hair. LOL.

starchild
04-09-2003, 07:16 PM
gurl, say a word. cause i like some chuurch. That is why i like going to the pentecostal churches. Man, you talking about some spirit in there. I can't join though cause i don;t like being in church all day. It is an amazing experience to say the least.

LaKinkyFemme
04-09-2003, 07:28 PM
gurl, say a word. cause i like some chuurch. That is why i like going to the pentecostal churches. Man, you talking about some spirit in there. I can't join though cause i don;t like being in church all day. It is an amazing experience to say the least.

I can't handle the speaking in tongues, though.

Lakinkyfemme