PDA

View Full Version : I Know We Don't Talk About This On Nappturality But...

jalarise84
01-15-2009, 04:27 AM
Hello all. I have been transitioning for almost three months now with a considerable amount of new growth. I have already begun to chop off a few permed strands just in the back of my head. My question is after I get done washing my hair, would it be ok to blow dry it on medium/low? I have been air drying so far but I feel as if the new growth can't move; it's just sticking to my head. I can no longer comb through my hair because I'm sure you all know it's due to the thickness of the new growth. I just feel like it needs to be stretched out or something so is it safe to blow dry it or just continue with air drying?

afthom
01-15-2009, 05:32 AM
Does your blow dryer have a "Cool" setting? That would dry it without burning it. Also, how are you styling it? Do you really need to blow dry it straight?

monili
01-15-2009, 05:58 AM
How are you trying to style your hair? Almost anything that you do to stretch out the natural hair, other than rollersets, can potentially damage it. You can do a rollerset under a hood dryer if you want a more stretched out texture. Otherwise, it's easier to blend the two textures by making the straight hair curlier with braidouts, twistouts, straw sets, etc. There's a thread hair called 101 transitioning styles or something like that that will offer tons of ideas on how to transition your hair.

jalarise84
01-15-2009, 08:44 PM
How are you trying to style your hair? Almost anything that you do to stretch out the natural hair, other than rollersets, can potentially damage it. You can do a rollerset under a hood dryer if you want a more stretched out texture. Otherwise, it's easier to blend the two textures by making the straight hair curlier with braidouts, twistouts, straw sets, etc. There's a thread hair called 101 transitioning styles or something like that that will offer tons of ideas on how to transition your hair.
[/b]

I have done a few braid/twists outs and I use the curlers for shirley temple curls on the permed hair every once in a while. I guess I just want a fuller look or something because my permed hair is thin and lacks volume and fullness. After seeing and touching my new growth, I am just about ready to chop off the rest of the perm. I will be turning 25 next month and I plan to take some birthday pictures, so I'll just wait and continue to grow my hair out, but right after I turn 25, I'm choppin' off! I will try a rollerset and visit that thread. Thanks!

Moderator Y
01-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Best not to blow dry your hair at all cool setting or not. Topic closed.