PDA

View Full Version : Recipes&concoctions For Loc'd Heads Or Adaptable Ones

SoulStar
03-13-2009, 04:30 AM
Peace One&All,

I wanted to expand my "repertoire" of loc or adaptable hair recipes for loc'd heads. Please feel free to post what you've been mixing in your laboratory! Also, I am a six years in my loc "journey" and wanted revamp my care routine. :wub:

nappyrina
03-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Thanks for starting this thread SoulStar b/c most of the recipes in this section & product suggestions in the commercial section are catered to loose napps....I've found many concoctions for locs in the loc section but they are random and in sooo many different threads...it would be GREAT to have them all in one thread!

I hope we get responses here but honestly I don't know how many people w/ locs venture into the Homemade/Commercial products section of the forum. If not a lot of people respond, you might get a better response in the loc section :unsure:

I'd personally love to see recipes & concoctions for deep conditioning & henna & clay treatments that cater to our need to avoid ingredients that cause buildup!!!!

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

shawnette
03-13-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm not loc'd, but I do wear braids for about half the year (human, not synthetic). I use a couple of leave in conditioning sprays. Here's one that would probably be great for locs:

8oz Water
2Tbsp Agave Nectar (Honey can be substituted)
2-3Tbsp Conditioner (I use Suave Naturals Coconut or Citrus Smoothie)

Add ingredients to a spray bottle and shake well.

I'd personally love to see recipes & concoctions for deep conditioning & henna & clay treatments that cater to our need to avoid ingredients that cause buildup!!!!

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
[/b]

I have a bunch of recipes on my mixology page (link in siggy) and the only one that I think might possibly cause a buildup issue is the Coconut Oil Moisturizer, but I haven't experienced any buildup, as of yet.

ms_rite
03-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Oooooooo good thread...I'll be taking notes.... :P

SoulStar
03-14-2009, 04:02 AM
I'm not loc'd, but I do wear braids for about half the year (human, not synthetic). I use a couple of leave in conditioning sprays. Here's one that would probably be great for locs:

8oz Water
2Tbsp Agave Nectar (Honey can be substituted)
2-3Tbsp Conditioner (I use Suave Naturals Coconut or Citrus Smoothie)

Add ingredients to a spray bottle and shake well.
I have a bunch of recipes on my mixology page (link in siggy) and the only one that I think might possibly cause a buildup issue is the Coconut Oil Moisturizer, but I haven't experienced any buildup, as of yet.
[/b]

Give thanks for the response!!! I will definitely try some of the ones you have posted up on your blog.

Currently I mix my own hair/body oil with olive oil, Castor oil, grape-seed, coconut, essential oil and sometime a drop or two from body oil (the kind usually bought from a vendor like Egyptian Musk or something nice smelling). And use that oil mix and put it in a body scrub...

Str8toFro
03-31-2009, 02:02 PM
What benefit does the Agave have for the hair? I know honey what honey does for the hair. I also have plenty of agave nectar, best sweetener ever!

iheartmyhair
06-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Bump