PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Good Thing About Being Natural Now...

FantasticVoyage
03-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Ok ya'll, I was just out to get my lunch and a brother walked up to me (all smooth and looking..., uh, I digress) in line and said:

"Excuse me, may I give you my card? I'm a photographer and we're looking for different looks and you've definitely got it." I then smiled, took the card and said thank you. (And yes, there were permies up in there....)

:) :unsure: <_< :D <_<

:pointlaugh: this was my reaction on the whole scene. The last <_< was in place because I&#39;ve watched enough TV to know that could be a naive&#39;s person nightmare if they followed up on the "I take pictures" line. But I have no intentions of following up so I&#39;m going to take it as a compliment because....well, because I want to! :P

bhop13
03-26-2009, 04:23 PM
ITA...I like to look around and see that I look so different from the rest instead of blending in.

shoot...you might be able to get yourself a few cute (possibly) professional pictures out of this, lol!!

remilaku
03-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Yes we do. I am glad for that. I hate looking like everybody els anyway. Like people say, I try do just do me. I hate being a follower. I love being a leader.

mzpastrychef
03-26-2009, 04:28 PM
That sounds cool..take him up on his offer ( after you check him out..see if he has a site on the web etc) and get you some cute pics!!

masoesa
03-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Yes! And I agree take him up on the offer. They do need different looks and sorry but if you got it, YOU GOT IT!

QueenVictoria
03-26-2009, 07:22 PM
yes we do!! thats why i love it because i love being the center of attention! i cant WAIT til summer when i can BAA my "A" everywhere with EVERYONE lookin at me. i did it once last may and man.....the attention made me drool (not literally lol). Awww there was even this one brotha who seems like hed be all for the females with the CFC...but when i strutted past him he stopped and stared and i heard a really soft, quiet "Hi..." behind me. I just cheesed and kept goin. its all about confidence and cant no one knock it down if you dont let em!

a pic from that day:
http://i40.tinypic.com/312zq05.jpg

...i dont even remember who tagged that pic but i was so weak to see it!

Naturalone
03-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Yes we do. I am glad for that. I hate looking like everybody els anyway. Like people say, I try do just do me. I hate being a follower. I love being a leader.
[/b]

:yes:

star13
03-27-2009, 12:00 AM
yes we do!! thats why i love it because i love being the center of attention! i cant WAIT til summer when i can BAA my "A" everywhere with EVERYONE lookin at me. i did it once last may and man.....the attention made me drool (not literally lol). Awww there was even this one brotha who seems like hed be all for the females with the CFC...but when i strutted past him he stopped and stared and i heard a really soft, quiet "Hi..." behind me. I just cheesed and kept goin. its all about confidence and cant no one knock it down if you dont let em!

a pic from that day:
[/b]

You look beautiful :wub:

QueenVictoria
03-27-2009, 05:13 AM
You look beautiful :wub:
[/b]
aw! :blush: thank you!

red_980
03-27-2009, 04:36 PM

a pic from that day:
[/b]

Off topic: You look fabulous! :D

remilaku
03-28-2009, 02:09 AM
I just thought of another one! Not only do we stand out in a crowed, it gives the permies something to talk about. We are always on thier mind!

QueenVictoria
03-28-2009, 07:02 AM
Giiiiiiiiiiiiirl your legs look FIERCE! (You already know your hair is on point.)
[/b]

Off topic: You look fabulous! :D
[/b]
thank you both! stop makin me all shy now lol!!!

I just thought of another one! Not only do we stand out in a crowed, it gives the permies something to talk about. We are always on thier mind!
[/b]
and yes. either coax em to our side or make em wish they were! *sings song from practical magic* you were always on my miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind.....

londongrrrl
03-28-2009, 12:32 PM
I don&#39;t know, pretty much all the girls in my class are natural. Not that we&#39;re not all unique, but I don&#39;t think it&#39;s such a novelty.

prncsstaylor
03-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I&#39;m ready for the summer too. Folks I haven&#39;t seen since football season when I was sportin&#39; my TWA will be shocked to see what I&#39;m workin with now! LOL I love it that I will be at my son&#39;s little league game with my fro or puff while the majority rock their multi-colored weaves and braids. :lol:

mrskjones02
03-30-2009, 05:17 PM
ITA. I&#39;m ready for summer too. Just yesterday as I was out to dinner I had a few stares and under breath comments which I believe where compliments. So lets show &#39;em what we&#39;re working with. :D

mamaprincess
03-30-2009, 05:26 PM
I love it that I will be at my son&#39;s little league game with my fro or puff while the majority rock their multi-colored weaves and braids. :lol:
[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

butterflyz
03-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Queen Victoria you look FIERCE!!!!! :wub: I love the red. hautnessssssss.

i think that is wat i love most about being natural. i dont look like anybody else cuz my hair is so big. I get a lot of looks and now every time I walk into a room I get immediate eyes, even if I dont want them :lol: but its all good. ;)

NyckeiXXIV
03-31-2009, 03:44 PM
I can&#39;t wait for summer! Pools and oceans here I come! :D

AfrikaIzin_My_Hair
03-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Nothing like the ocean and nappy hair!

Applejacks
03-31-2009, 03:46 PM
^^
there isn&#39;t, is there?

Blaqdiamond4t
03-31-2009, 03:46 PM
especially oceans. blue oceans.

QueenVictoria
03-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Queen Victoria you look FIERCE!!!!! :wub: I love the red. hautnessssssss.
[/b]
:wub: thank you! ive been wanting to tell you for a while but your hair is so gorgeous your twistouts are divine.

:offtop: whats with all the same siggys? LOL back to back!

Orlandrea
04-01-2009, 02:22 AM

a pic from that day:
[/b]

My fro wants to look like your fro when it grows up... :-)

jamgirl
04-01-2009, 03:42 AM
:offtop: whats with all the same siggys? LOL back to back!
[/b]
i had the same question! :huh: :)
And Queeny, your fro was looking FIERCE that day!! :D
i do like standing out in a crowd as well... ;)

QueenVictoria
04-01-2009, 04:41 AM
My fro wants to look like your fro when it grows up... :-)
[/b]
:wub: that means so much thank you!!! :blush:

i had the same question! :huh: :)
And Queeny, your fro was looking FIERCE that day!! :D
i do like standing out in a crowd as well... ;)
[/b]
...i really hope this isnt true but i think thats the same person wit like 5 accounts! because in mult. threads theyre all posting within one minute of each other! hm.... :huh:

and thank you! but ladies it was soooo hot that day...i think it was almost 120 man my fro musta shrunk down so much from the sweat! lol but that was the first time i rocked a BAA in public and it was so liberating and such a confidence booster...i loved it.