PDA

View Full Version : Admixture Tests?

In pursuit of nappiness
04-13-2009, 07:18 AM
Has anyone ever taken one of these tests? If so, what company did you use and what were your test results?

Fedyfro
04-15-2009, 12:55 AM
I used Ancestry by DNA a few years ago, but I heard they recently went bankrupt. I think 23andMe might do them but I am not sure about the cost. My breakdown was provided in percentages of SSA - Sub-Saharan African, NA - Native American as distinguished from EA - East Asian and finally Caucasian.

MariposaMorena08
08-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Hey! I did Ancestry by DNA 2.5 and my results were Sub-Saharan African, European, and East Asian. I heard that ABDNA was bought by another company/person but I am not sure who that is.

How does 23 and Me work? Does it match you up with people or is it just the percentages? I heard that this test is really expensive but I would love to get another test going - can't break the streak now! *lol*

Fedyfro
08-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey! I did Ancestry by DNA 2.5 and my results were Sub-Saharan African, European, and East Asian. I heard that ABDNA was bought by another company/person but I am not sure who that is.

How does 23 and Me work? Does it match you up with people or is it just the percentages? I heard that this test is really expensive but I would love to get another test going - can't break the streak now! *lol*
[/b]

I am not sure. I heard about them after ABDNA stopped doing the admixture tests but I am not positive that they are doing admixture. I was told that they were primarily focused on medical DNA testing at first but I think they may be doing a little geneaology given their connection to one of traditional genealogy testers. You might want to check out their website, I think there is a free DNA component available. Sorry I could not provide more details.