PDA

View Full Version : Do U Have An Unstretched Goal?

jackibee
05-27-2009, 06:22 PM
HI ALL:

I am wondering if you all have unstretched hair goals? My curlies are growing, but being that they are soooo curly :P it's hard to see the progress at times. I can't wait until my hair is just full thick and long with curly curls! Cree Summer is my hair goddess :D I can't wait until I have like hers...what about you all? Do you have unstretched goals?

Here's my fav hair pic of her :wub:
http://i39.tinypic.com/3506lif.jpg

bhop13
05-27-2009, 06:37 PM
My unstretched goal is shoulder length. It seems like I'll never get there though, lol. I swear my hair shrinks as much now as it did last July when I did the BC.

jackibee
05-27-2009, 06:58 PM
***YAY!!! SOMEBODY REPLIED***

okay, now...lol...i know right! my hair is growing, i can tell, but it just shrinks right on up, lol, so it's hard to tell! i can't wait for it to get soooo big that i can't sit in front of people at the movies! lol

mymy
05-27-2009, 07:03 PM
I want my shrunken twists to be around SL.

ckisland
05-27-2009, 07:07 PM
My goal is APL :D with a braidout or twistout. If I waited for it to get there shrunken, I probably wouldn't ever see it at that length :lol: . I've seen too many naturals, who have less shrinkage than me, reach waist length and beyond and still only be SL when its completely shrunken.

jangleleg
05-27-2009, 07:10 PM
I want my hair to be like rudy's when she was on the cosby show just big and fluffy

jackibee
05-27-2009, 07:36 PM
oooh I love Rudy's hair, i thought it was so pretty!!! i just hope that my unstretched hair gets soooo long and thick, i looove biiiig hair, i pray! i can see the progress, it's just hard to see it, but i like it because i can kind of do a short look if it's really tight, but then i can stretch it or pic it out for a longer or bigger look

prncsstaylor
05-27-2009, 07:44 PM
The Cree Summer pic is great. Why did I JUST do a Goog search for her pics? LOL I would love to have nice full/thick SL or APL hair - unstretched. My curls/coils are not as large as Cree's but yeah, that would be a good look for me. I can't wait.

yogibear
05-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Right now my unstretched hair goal is shoulder length. I can't waitttt until I get there bc for some reason I feel like I look like I Have a jheri curl when I use products that define my natural curl. I have this idea...that if my hair is longer...it won't look that way. I am probably completely wrong but hey...I can dream right?

jackibee
05-27-2009, 07:50 PM
i love ur hair accessory in your avi pic Sandy Coils, i like double headbands, cute!

DaBlackLady
05-27-2009, 07:52 PM
oOo! I would love for my hair to be boohtay length unstretched...

But I'll be realistic and say SL unstretched. Since I stopped coloring my hair, I now know what shrinkage is and boy is it bad for me. It really looks like if I make it to SL unstretched, it'll be probably boohtay length or a little below that stretched...

Yes, my shrinkage is that bad :huh: <_<

Cerendipity
05-27-2009, 07:56 PM
I would like to be shoulderlength unstretched

jackibee
05-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Right now my unstretched hair goal is shoulder length. I can&#39;t waitttt until I get there bc for some reason I feel like I look like I Have a jheri curl when I use products that define my natural curl. I have this idea...that if my hair is longer...it won&#39;t look that way. I am probably completely wrong but hey...I can dream right?
[/b]

:lol: man that is so me!!! i put some shiny serum on my hair once and my friend kept singing the soul glo song to me all day! lol! since that day, no more shine stuff, i just rock it out like it is, lol! that was when i was still experimenting with products, now i&#39;m not all shiny and Soul Glo like!

Napia Mia
05-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Mine is/was to reach shoulder length. I just wanted my shrunken twists to sit on my shoulders. I&#39;ve pretty much met that goal...well, the ones in the very top fall to about chin length so they still frame my face nicely. So I&#39;m pretty happy with where my hair is today.

DaBlackLady
05-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Mine is/was to reach shoulder length. I just wanted my shrunken twists to sit on my shoulders. I&#39;ve pretty much met that goal...well, the ones in the very top fall to about chin length so they still frame my face nicely. So I&#39;m pretty happy with where my hair is today.
[/b]

:offtop: Nappy Me, you&#39;re such an inspiration to me. I enjoy reading your well thought out posts about hair concerns and issues - they really help me think deeper about the stereotypes and myths in question. Thank you! :)

nickypooh
05-27-2009, 08:53 PM
I would love some length being that I only recently big chopped,,my fro is quickly growing so there is hope yet. With tighter curls my hair will grow up and up before it starts to fall to be shoulder length and it would be a nightmare to maintain at such lengths (way harder than silky flowing but damaged and breaking long perm I maintained before,,note my angst at how badly i treated my hair before)...I think I&#39;ll rock natural twists and puffs for as long as i can but then loc eventually so it can grow even faster and be easier to maintain,,i&#39;m lazy so hopefully i can loc it and forget it (with some root tightening every few weeks)...

Debonaire
05-27-2009, 08:55 PM
My unstretched goal has been shoulder length for some time. My face is kind of round and I think it would suit me well :). Plus I wear my hair in two strands most of the time so it makes sense for my styling preferences/routine.

I am slowly getting there. I&#39;m sure by next year this time I will be there. But I am happy for the time being - just waiting on the front to catch up.

Napia Mia
05-27-2009, 09:29 PM
:offtop: Nappy Me, you&#39;re such an inspiration to me. I enjoy reading your well thought out posts about hair concerns and issues - they really help me think deeper about the stereotypes and myths in question. Thank you! :)
[/b]
Thank you so much.

SummerPearl
05-27-2009, 09:32 PM
I too would like SL and anything longer would be a blessing. I think SL would be enough for me to put my hair in a bun.

LBellatrix
05-27-2009, 10:02 PM
When I was really chasing length, originally this was my goal:

[/b]

It&#39;s kind of the same today except for this:

I now know what shrinkage is and boy is it bad for me. It really looks like if I make it to SL unstretched, it&#39;ll be probably boohtay length or a little below that stretched...

Yes, my shrinkage is that bad :huh: <_<
[/b]

In the front my hair shrinks over 80%...I guesstimate that for those twists to hit my shoulders, my stretched hair would have to be somewhere between three and four FEET long and I don&#39;t see it happening.

In the short term, I would like my shrunken twists to not fall around my face like a bad 60s haircut. <_<

LadyLibra
05-27-2009, 11:08 PM
I am wondering if you all have unstretched hair goals?

[/b]

yeah that pic pretty much sums it up! :wub:

my longest layer is midback length stretched, shrunken it is finally long enough to slightly hang below my shoulders. so i&#39;d need probably waist length hair to get the collarbone/APL length look shrunken.

Kinky_Curly_Bri_Nyc
05-27-2009, 11:25 PM
[/b]
yup yup yup...like this, but i dnt think my hair will be that BIG, :lol: but once its that length in the front, ( bcuz the back is some what like it already) i will be even deeper into my hair bliss :wub:

NeverGiveup
05-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Yes--back shoulder length. Front--chin length. That would put me a bra strap length stretched. Once I get there I won&#39;t let my hair get any longer and maintain it with a regular snip, snip.

Kinky_Curly_Bri_Nyc
05-27-2009, 11:28 PM

my longest layer is midback length stretched, shrunken it is finally long enough to slightly hang below my shoulders. so i&#39;d need probably waist length hair to get the collarbone/APL length look shrunken.
[/b]

:shocker: wow really?? thats A LOT of hair more than I think I&#39;d want to handle... hmmm maybe my unstretched goal is the length of ur hair LadyLibra ^_^

gilroygal
05-27-2009, 11:34 PM
My shrunken goal is a two inch fro. Now, this might not sound like much but being that my hair probably has 90% shrinkage, I would prbably have to have about 12 inches of hair to meet that goal. My hair seems to shrink MORE the longer it gets. Right now, it only looks to be about 1/4 of an inch long or so, depending what i use on it. Since I can&#39;t really use much, I rely on jojoba oil which causes it to shrink even more! :lol:

QueenVictoria
05-27-2009, 11:40 PM
My shrunken goal is a two inch fro. Now, this might not sound like much but being that my hair probably has 90% shrinkage, I would prbably have to have about 12 inches of hair to meet that goal. My hair seems to shrink MORE the longer it gets. Right now, it only looks to be about 1/4 of an inch long or so, depending what i use on it. Since I can&#39;t really use much, I rely on jojoba oil which causes it to shrink even more! :lol:
[/b]
im the same as you. my hair&#39;s a little longer than APL and when it&#39;s unstretched it looks two inches long. LOL soooooo i dont think i can make a unstretched goal because i have a feeling my hair will continue to look no longer than 3 inches wet..but that doesnt stop me from wanting to grow it out to reach my booty! LOL

chocodoll
05-27-2009, 11:51 PM
I just want a BIG.....A$$......Afro. So however long my hair needs to be to obtain that goal, that&#39;s what I want. If my hair does not eventually start growing down, I don&#39;t even care. :P

mymy
05-28-2009, 12:13 AM
In the front my hair shrinks over 80%...I guesstimate that for those twists to hit my shoulders, my stretched hair would have to be somewhere between three and four FEET long and I don&#39;t see it happening.
[/b]
Sometimes I wonder how long my hair would have to get for my twists to reach my shoulders. To give you an idea of my shrinkage, my hair is approaching BSL in the back and my twists sit at the base of my neck when shrunken. Its the front that will need the most length to make this. Maybe someday I&#39;ll reach my goal, but I&#39;ll still be happy if I don&#39;t.

beetle87
05-28-2009, 12:17 AM
I would like my twists to be apl w/ shrinkage

Miss Concrete Jungle
05-28-2009, 12:38 AM
I&#39;d say SL, but since it seems my hair grows out inside of down, we&#39;ll see what that goal really looks like.

Oasis
05-28-2009, 04:18 AM
I&#39;d love for my hair to be shoulder length shrunken. But with my shrinkage, it would probably have to be knee length or longer stretched.<_< No lie.

Mae
05-28-2009, 10:49 AM

[/b]

Ditto. My hair is not as long as LL&#39;s but I think I can get Cree&#39;s unstretched length in another 1.5-2 years if I take good care of my hair (which I usually do). I am just going to enjoy my hair at the length it is now though, cause a watched pot never boils....

Ms_Yoruba
05-28-2009, 11:42 AM
(sigh)... shoulder length unstretched....

my hair growths very well - but right now my dry, split ends are preventing me from reaching my goal anytime soon!

TikiB
05-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Like a lot you ladies I have major shrinkage so I don&#39;t really have any unstretched goals. If my shrunken twists ever hit SL I&#39;ll be happy.

afroknots11412
05-28-2009, 12:08 PM
it seems the longer my hair gets, the more shrinkage I get.

my unstretched goal is for my fat twists to be a little past shoulder length.

jackibee
05-28-2009, 12:47 PM
like most of you, i have major shrinkage as well...my hair will probably be about booty length stretched before i can reach my unstretched hair goal...i can&#39;t wait, i just looove big hair! the bigger, the better (for me)...i can see and feel that my hair is growing and getting thicker as well, so that makes me very happy...i&#39;ll be patient (Lord help me), i just have to remind myself of the day i BC&#39;d, i was wishing for some hair, lol, now i&#39;ve got some, and i still want more! i&#39;m greedy, lol...but i&#39;m having so much fun with my hair, and trying out new styles...

*patiently waiting for a full thick long head of hair*

Mangachan
05-28-2009, 01:35 PM
I&#39;m not even counting on showing length with my shrunken fro. The last couple of times I did a wash and go it did this weird thing where it was just as if not more shrunken than before but the curls would bounce and move all over the place. I would like to have twists that sit on my shoulders though.

drksista81
05-28-2009, 02:33 PM
The pic of Cree Summers is beautiful and inspirational, I want my shrunken fro her length. Im sure that will probably take over 10yrs, but hey i&#39;m young right. :D

natural06
05-28-2009, 02:50 PM
My goal is midback unstretched.

LadyLibra
05-28-2009, 03:43 PM
My goal is midback unstretched.
[/b]

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum! :D

:shocker: wow really?? thats A LOT of hair more than I think I&#39;d want to handle... hmmm maybe my unstretched goal is the length of ur hair LadyLibra ^_^
[/b]

nothing wrong with that! it&#39;s a fun length, especially to stretch a coil to your boobs and watch people&#39;s jaws drop... ;)

nitaprince1
05-28-2009, 03:56 PM
I don&#39;t have a goal because i&#39;m not quite sure what my hair is capable of (even after almost 2 years completely natural i&#39;m still tryna figure stuff out). Right now, my hair is SL stretched, my avatar is the most recent pic (last weekend) of my hair unstretched. Man, i have some unbelieveable shrinkage!!

jackibee
05-28-2009, 06:55 PM
i understand the shrinkage, mine is like 80% !!! oh well, i like it because i can wear short styles too, but sometimes i wish my true length would show, it&#39;s okay though, just another step in my journey right?!?

iscott555
05-29-2009, 02:51 AM
[/b]

I&#39;m with you Nappy me....but I guess I will not ever be satisfied...my hair is about shoulder length unstretched but I want my twists to be APL length when they are done shrinking

missCONGENIALity
05-31-2009, 10:54 PM
I would love to be able to do a wash n go and have it hand between SL and APL. My shrinkage is crazy, but I am in no rush.

sirabe10368
05-31-2009, 11:28 PM
I would also like my shrunken twist to be shoulder length. I don&#39;t even have an idea how long that would be stretched.

naturalcd
06-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Well, I just BC&#39;d about 2 months ago, so I would love for my unstretched hair to be where it was three years ago....shoulder length :D

ready4more08
06-01-2009, 03:08 AM
My unstretched goal is shoulder length. It seems like I&#39;ll never get there though, lol. I swear my hair shrinks as much now as it did last July when I did the BC.
[/b]

Mine too..i want that Traci Ellis Ross flow..that wild and untamable flowy hair. I know my hair wont ever be that texture since I am a 4/a 4/b type..but i still like the wild child shoulder length action...But with shrinkage I wonder if it&#39;ll ever get there **sigh**

tani84
06-01-2009, 03:22 AM
I&#39;d also like shoulder length unstretched hair. My hair shrinks about 50% so I guess it will take me another year to get there.

monazoom
06-02-2009, 04:26 PM
I know that if I had big BSL hair like Diana Ross unstretched, it would be hard for me to maintain.
I think I might have to start trimming my hair whenever it gets to be APL unstretched.
Depending on shrinkage, BSL hair stretched would be ideal hair length, but anything longer would be a problem. :blush:

*~Poohbear~*
06-02-2009, 06:12 PM
I don&#39;t have any unstretched goals because my hair shrinks 80% in length. Currently, my hair is armpit length when straightened/stretched...I know when or if my hair gets longer, it will still shrink up above my ears.

drsybil
06-02-2009, 07:03 PM
My twists shrink up to my chin and my hair is past BSL in the back. The longer it gets, the more it shrinks! I&#39;ve been been natural for almost 8 years and seriously growing it out for 7. I don&#39;t know if it will get any longer, but I&#39;m happy with what I&#39;ve got. Years ago, I wanted to have my shrunken twists be a little below SL. I doubt that will happen now.

prncsstaylor
06-02-2009, 07:21 PM
The Cree Summer pic is great. Why did I JUST do a Goog search for her pics? LOL I would love to have nice full/thick SL or APL hair - unstretched. My curls/coils are not as large as Cree&#39;s but yeah, that would be a good look for me. I can&#39;t wait.
[/b]

Ok, yeah, I said it, but man, let me just be realistic....can I just have collar-bone length? LOL I&#39;ll be happy with hair that just sweeps my shoulders. I don&#39;t think growing it out will be a probelm, it&#39;s maintaining the length that is always difficult for me.

I read somewhere that a lot of people have breakage issues when the hair reaches that length because it&#39;s always "rubbing" against our clothes and causing additional friction. :dunno: I guess when I get to that length I&#39;ll be doing alot of bunning and up-do&#39;s and protective styles to maintain length.

Goldenah
06-02-2009, 09:56 PM
After I wash my hair, it reaches a few inches past the shoulders (in twists / plaits).

Over the next few days, it will shrink up, and sometimes go above the shoulders. The drier it gets, the more it shrinks.

I usually wear the twists / plaits in a bun / ponytail, since I do not want my hair to touch my clothes.

NatureLover
06-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Chin length and then SL. I&#39;d be able to curl my hair in twists/braids if it gets to SL.

fnggrant
04-13-2010, 04:40 AM
shoulder length. My shrinkage seems to be 50% (not joking) :( I think it will take forever but I'm being patient.

TMS
04-13-2010, 04:48 AM
chin length followed by shoulder length. and, you can count me in for the major shrinkage crew!

coilycurly
04-13-2010, 01:48 PM
It doesn't matter how long my hair is, it seems to shrink to the same length which is just resting on the base of my neck. I swear it has been doing that for the last year and a half. And my hair has definitely grown (even with occasional trims) , I just need to do twists or a twistout to see it. So I don't think I'll be seeing Cree's do anytime soon.

I have layers so it doesn't all reach to the same length.
My avatar shows my twistout length, which is between my shoulderblades at its longest. Fully stretched, somewhere between APL and BSL at last check.

Kamene
04-13-2010, 01:52 PM
hey my unstretched goal is just above the shoulder, as i know it can get there cause thats where is was before i started the relaxer mess!, i just joined yesterday and just my hair off yesterday so its still very short!
Good luck with your goal hun.x

BBNappyEdits
04-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Hi guys! My unstretched goal is a little past shoulder length, although I am loving the shrunken 'fro like nobody's business so far!

TikiB
04-13-2010, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=coilycurly;2173510]It doesn't matter how long my hair is, it seems to shrink to the same length which is just resting on the base of my neck. I swear it has been doing that for the last year and a half. And my hair has definitely grown (even with occasional trims) QUOTE]

My hair is the same way. I know it's grown (quite a bit actually) but it always shrinks up to the nape of my neck in the back (APL stretched), just below my ears on the side (collar bone length stretched) and just above my eyebrows in the front (chin length stretched). That being the case I haven't really set any unstretched goals.

Cerendipity
04-13-2010, 03:52 PM
I would like to be shoulderlength unstretched

I changed my mind , I want chin length unstretched all around. That's it. Right now unstretched it lays to the bottom of my ears on the side, in the back, it rests on my nape, and to the top of my eyelids in the front.

I need 4-5 more inches of hair and the ability to retain it.

pmrannie1
04-13-2010, 05:41 PM
My ultimate goal right now is for my hair to reach my collar bone unstretched.

mymy
04-13-2010, 05:48 PM
I originally posted almost a year ago that I wanted my shrunken twists to reach SL. If it ever happens it will be years away due to shrinkage. Maybe someday.

coilycurly
04-13-2010, 06:16 PM
I originally posted almost a year ago that I wanted my shrunken twists to reach SL. If it ever happens it will be years away due to shrinkage. Maybe someday.

When you talk about shrunken twists, do you mean twists done on wet hair? I have no idea what length my shrunken twists are because I alway do them on lightly damp hair and I guess it gets a bit stretched out on doing them? The only style I have with full shrinkage is the wash and go...

mymy
04-13-2010, 06:30 PM
When you talk about shrunken twists, do you mean twists done on wet hair? I have no idea what length my shrunken twists are because I alway do them on lightly damp hair and I guess it gets a bit stretched out on doing them? The only style I have with full shrinkage is the wash and go...
Yes, twists done on wet hair.

NatureLover
04-13-2010, 11:55 PM
SL unstretched, if I can ever get there that'll be perfect...I just need twists/braids long enough to tie in a ponytail and I'll be set for life.

Q_tee
04-14-2010, 12:23 AM
APL unstretched is my goal..I just need to stop cutting my hair..

leathaley
04-14-2010, 01:29 AM
My goal is chin length twists unstretched. My hair grows super fast and long in the front/on top and at a turtle's pace in the back. So now 2 years after my BC the front is a little past my chin (stretched), and the back....just sticks in the air. lol. I just want to be at a length where I can wear my twists in public comfortably... right now, they're for the house only or I wear them under a headwrap in public.... no one wants to see those doodoo tootsie rolls. lol

Batyah
04-14-2010, 01:35 AM
My unstretched hair goal is also shoulder length! Anything beyond that is icing on the cake!! :D

:offtop: Nappy Me, you're such an inspiration to me. I enjoy reading your well thought out posts about hair concerns and issues - they really help me think deeper about the stereotypes and myths in question. Thank you! :)
I feel the same way you do about Nappy Me!

GoodT
04-14-2010, 01:49 AM
No... I don't have an unstretched goal... My shrinkage is MAJOR... My mom says that even when my hair was down my back as a kid, my shrinkage was the same as it is now (My hair is about 1.5-2 inches long shrunken)... *Kanyeshrug* I'm APL stretched right now... So, I guess I'm to the point in my life where I feel like any hair that grows after this is just icing on the cake... ;)

naturallyme14
04-14-2010, 02:31 AM
There was a time when I wanted my shrunken hair to reach SL, but I think that would take an eternity to reach. It seems that no matter how long my hair grows, my hair stays at the same length shrunken and to be honest, I've never really let my hair dry shrunken so I can't tell you where it even falls, but after I finish washing my hair, it shrinks up above my chin and my hair is on its way to BSL stretched now.

Someone mentioned this earlier that she sees people who have WL hair stretched or something like that and their hair only falls at their shoulders when shrunken so I think I have a long way to go. I do want my braid outs to fall at shoulder length soon though. I think that's more reasonable right now.

PeaceofMind
04-14-2010, 04:35 AM
My whole life, unstretched, my hair becomes a little 1inch afro. Living in FL the humidity is ridiculous and almost any hair style I've had shrinks 1.5inches when I walk outside. So, no. I don't have an unstretched goal but I want to grow healthy hair.

karynx3
04-14-2010, 06:34 AM
I HOPE to be APL unstretched some day, but that picture of Cree Summers' unstretched SL hair looks fabulous to me.

breezie1
04-14-2010, 10:09 PM
I'd be happy with chin to shoulder length with my tight, curly kinks! :D

kottonkurlz
04-14-2010, 10:35 PM
It'll never, evah happen for me. My hair is afraid of the world; it draws up like a shy child to it's mommy. I must measure in terms of wet hair. My hair when when is shoulder length. I think I am ok with that.

breezie1
04-14-2010, 10:47 PM
My whole life, unstretched, my hair becomes a little 1inch afro. Living in FL the humidity is ridiculous and almost any hair style I've had shrinks 1.5inches when I walk outside. So, no. I don't have an unstretched goal but I want to grow healthy hair.

I feel you on that. Tallahassee has got to be one of the most HUMID areas I know! But I haven't combed my hair in a week, just twisted it every night, and finger separated and "fluffed" in the morning. I LOVE IT!!!!

Ms-gg
04-14-2010, 10:54 PM
I want enough hair so that while it is twisted, I can pull all of it back into a loose ponytail and still have banging hang time. Shoot how about this, I want enough hair so that when my twists are shrunken, the twists will hang apl. I don't know if it is possible but it sounds purty.

SweetAmbrosia
04-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Stretched goals are more realistic for me than unstretched goals since my shrinkage level is 50% or so.

c2shair
04-15-2010, 12:08 AM
I live in New Orleans so humidity is always going to cause shrinkage for me, but I would like to have enough to have a giant afro puff like the home page has. That is one cool afro for me lol hahaha.

afroknots11412
04-15-2010, 01:06 AM
I would love for my shrunken wash and go to reach my shoulders in the front and sides. in the back it reached my shoulders but my front area comes up to my eyes.

mstrina911
04-15-2010, 03:46 PM
My unstretched goal is a little past APL. I would love for my twists to just hang past my shoulders. They do for like a day, then they shrivel up.

Bunicornaces
04-15-2010, 04:12 PM
My unstretched goal is apl

fiortiz
04-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Since I just bc'd...by unstretched goal right now is for the front of my hair to reach chin length and the back shoulder length.

CinnamonBiscuit
04-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Mine is to just let my locs grow and grow and grow.........

I don't plan to ever cut them.

jaybella
04-15-2010, 06:02 PM
I used to have an unstretched goal of shoulder length or at least collarbone length, but my hair seems to grow out and not down so I don't think my hair will even reach that UNLESS its stretched.

CoilyHairedBeauty
04-15-2010, 11:13 PM
now that I think about it....

I guess I'd like my hai to be a lil longer than full SL when shrunken/wet

Whitley Gilbert
04-16-2010, 04:07 AM
No, I don't have an "unstretched hair goal."

My shrinkage is entirely too unpredictable for that. At almost bsl stretched now, my shrunken wash n' go hair still shrinks anywhere from ear to chin length and above as it pleases (see avatar). Setting a goal for my wash n' go would only be playing with my own emotions and I'm not up for that. :p

atlgirl_052005
04-16-2010, 05:39 AM
My unstretched hair goal is shoulder length.

ccpalm
04-16-2010, 06:44 PM
My unstretched hair goal is shoulder length.

Boy do I wish that could happen. But, like Whitley Gilbert says the shrinkage is far too unpredictable.

My wishful thinking hopes that could at LEAST unstreatched, shoulder-length hair could happen for me. :DThat would mean that my hair would be rocking at least 15-20 inches all around, easily. That overall stretched hair growth would satisfy me. (:-)

ladyscorpian14
07-18-2010, 06:06 PM
my unstrecth go is a natural no blow out kit big 70's afro i can see me now

southerncurl
07-18-2010, 06:23 PM
shoulder length, i think ill be there by next year

NaturalKayla
07-18-2010, 06:30 PM
My unstretched goal is for the front part of wet twists to touch my shoulders.

Millahdoowop
07-18-2010, 07:06 PM
A little past shoulder length is my goal unstretched.

OHR
07-18-2010, 07:16 PM
I guess my goal is SL unstretched in the back and sides, to my nose in front. This is the most hair I can manage, without getting {o--->:().

DeeLite
07-18-2010, 08:28 PM
In the front my hair shrinks over 80%...I guesstimate that for those twists to hit my shoulders, my stretched hair would have to be somewhere between three and four FEET long and I don't see it happening.

(8o
But really, I believe the same thing about my hair. I reached BSL but you'd never know it from the shrinkage. I think I could reach waist length and have no more to show for it than extra tangle and knots (see the Anyone's coils too tight to detangle? (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128268) thread). Count me as another one who is starting to seriously consider locs.. not for the length alone, but for the detangling.

Curlynapp09
07-18-2010, 08:38 PM
My goal is BSL. That was how long it was when I was pressing and curling in high school, and I got there with the perm, but that chemical is so abusive. Too much to do/maintain with too little in return. Now, I just remind myself that time is on my side. I just want hair like I had before the chemicals and presses! And no, I will not be pressing, at all.

curlz4me
07-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I would love to be able to do a wash n go and have hair that is collar bone or APL. But my shrinkage is strong, so I'd need a lot more length for that to happen. I'd be happy to have enough length so that I can pull it all back in a bun.

I love Cree's hair, but my hair will never be big like that (I'm a thin, fine haired nappy). But I can dream about the length, right!

Suzi_Q
07-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Shoulder length so I can have the old Kelis effect.. Wild and Untamed.. If I take care of my hair I should be there by next year..

meraki
07-18-2010, 09:47 PM
My hair has a lot of shrinkage. It's BSL, and if I let it dry unmanipulated, it would probably rest between my ears and my chin. So, that's it for me. When I wear twistouts, it's at my shoulders. I don't think it's ever going to be long enough to look much different totally shrunken or stretched w/twist-outs.

xotica
07-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Shoulder length so I can have the old Kelis effect.. Wild and Untamed.. If I take care of my hair I should be there by next year..

This.

Although my shrinkage in the back is something SERIOUS. When it shrinks it looks like someone hacked off all my hair in the back compared to the rest of my head.

*legslikewhoa*
07-18-2010, 10:15 PM
last year i think i was saying i wanted apl unstretched, but i'm not even sure my hair will grow in that direction. so i'm thinking i want my twists a lil past my shoulder as a goal. ♥

nickib
07-18-2010, 11:26 PM
I used to have an unstreched goal but then I heard some nappturals saying things like "My 12/14/16 inch hair shrinks down to 2inches!" and i was like O_O. So now I'm jsut hoping that one day I can put my unstreched hair in a puff. If I'm lucky my hair will get to SL. :)

adamson
07-18-2010, 11:55 PM

Yeah, basically this... I'd be really happy to get hair like this unstretched.

LaLucy
07-19-2010, 12:46 AM
I want my hair to be shoulder length with twists. I am currently one month post big chop. We'll see how long it takes to get there. I am pregnant so it's growing quit well.

misslead
07-19-2010, 01:16 AM
It depends on who will maintain it for me. If I have to maintain it then the top of my shoulders is fine. Now if I could get someone else to do it then.... I would have no limits. :-))

CinnamonBiscuit
07-19-2010, 01:18 AM
I just want to be able to pull my locs back into a ponytaill. A REAL ponytail, and not a stump of one.

KinkyTwist10
07-19-2010, 01:27 AM
My unstretched goal is shoulder length.

SassyB
07-19-2010, 01:39 AM
I'd love for my hair to get to shoulder length, mainly so that I could rock a wash n go and have it sit on my shoulders with no manipulation. })
Now that I think about it though, that would be a TON of hair for me (because my shrinkage is off the chain) and I'm not too sure if my hair would even grow downward.
The day that I can wear twists that sit on my shoulders is probably a more realistic goal for me.

eesha
07-19-2010, 03:18 AM
I've only got 4 inches of hair so it's gonna be a long time for me to get to my goal which is WL unstretched. I measured and that's about 20 inches. I have major shrinkage as well and this goal for me is mostly about seeing if my hair can get that long as I've never had longer than SL unstretched.

taniseka
07-19-2010, 03:22 AM
Waist-length unstretched??! WOW, that is a goal. I would be happy if I can get my unstretched hair to sit comfortably on my shoulders. Currently, only the back is shoulder length, but my sides and front hairs are short.

SassyB
07-19-2010, 04:06 AM
^^Yeah, my eyes bulged out my sockets when I read that!
Eesha, you're gonna need two more arms to deal with all that hair! :p

Scribetastic
07-19-2010, 04:12 AM
Nope. I think I'm at my terminal length already on most parts of my head. I'm going to make a point of taking better care of my hair for a year (a touch more gentleness and opting for more protective styles). Just to confirm that.

When I stretch it, it's about chin length. However, I've never had long hair. When I was little and my mom used a hot comb I had chin length braids on either side of my head. I think that's a good indicator of how much length I can carry off naturally.

meraki
07-19-2010, 05:10 AM
I've been thinking about it and looking at pics, and I think my wash n gos (which is separate from me just letting my hair dry w/out product) are actually at my chin - kind of bob-length. I'm pretty sure I'm at terminal length for me so that's the end of it.

I've only got 4 inches of hair so it's gonna be a long time for me to get to my goal which is WL unstretched. I measured and that's about 20 inches. I have major shrinkage as well and this goal for me is mostly about seeing if my hair can get that long as I've never had longer than SL unstretched.

That would be 40 inches of hair for me, easily. Not gonna happen from this head! Nappies with more shrinky hair would need 60 inches or more (5 feet of hair) to pull that off. Good luck on that!

eesha
07-19-2010, 07:17 AM
LOL! I meant to say WL stretched! Damn I would never reach that goal unstretched! Funny how a typo like that can make you look crazy! haha

xoellegeeox
07-19-2010, 08:46 AM
I'd be content with unstretched hair that's APL.

I wouldn't mind seeing if my hair would grow past that, but if it did I'd eventually just cut it back down to APL

Timberly
07-19-2010, 05:08 PM
my goal is bra strap length unstretched. i just turned 19 so i wonder if i can get that length by the time im 23 or 24. im currently at shoulder length unstretched.

MissQueenie
07-19-2010, 05:19 PM
I don't know how an unstretched goal would work for me. My hair is six inches long but even when stretched it doesn't hang or flop into my face but it stands on ends like a wire would. If my hair isn't going to hang down but just grow up I dunno how it'd work for me.

Muzikal203
07-19-2010, 05:22 PM
My goal is probably BSL stretched, I don't think I could handle more than that ~lol~ With my shrinkage though it may end up looking like I have 5 inches of hair unstretched :-))

meraki
07-19-2010, 06:48 PM
LOL! I meant to say WL stretched! Damn I would never reach that goal unstretched! Funny how a typo like that can make you look crazy! haha

:-)) Well, yeah... :)

Phillyblunt
07-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Right now my unstretched hair goal is shoulder length. I can't waitttt until I get there bc for some reason I feel like I look like I Have a jheri curl when I use products that define my natural curl. I have this idea...that if my hair is longer...it won't look that way. I am probably completely wrong but hey...I can dream right?

OMG I have the same problem. I swear my hair looks like jheri culrs too and I am hoping against hope that when it gets big and huge it will somehow change. My unstretched goal is SL and crazy big and wild

meraki
07-19-2010, 06:54 PM
No, ladies. It's just going to look like a long jheri curl. :) But you gotta embrace what you got. I want about twice as many follicles as I have. Ain't gonna happen! :)

au napptural
07-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Unstretched shoulder length is the goal. I don't want super long butt length hair, but stretched should come a little past bsl.

Phillyblunt
07-19-2010, 07:05 PM
No, ladies. It's just going to look like a long jheri curl. :) But you gotta embrace what you got. I want about twice as many follicles as I have. Ain't gonna happen! :)

LOL way to dash my hopes :(. But I understand what you say about embracing what you have.