PDA

View Full Version : Just Quit My Job

nicko
05-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Well I just quit my job :) I'm happy & saddend at the same time. I'm happy because I will not have to see this crazy,noisey lady that I work with anymore and my new job offers more up to date training and technology .......but I'm sad because I'm taking a $2,000 pay cut... I don't know.. I guess I need a pick me up...

Peaches
05-03-2004, 03:11 PM
:app Congrats.. best of luck to you. Don't worry about the paycut.. the happiness is more important.

nicko
05-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Thank you Peaches :)

nuriyyah
05-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Peace of mind is worth far more than $2000. In addition, the updated training and technology you will receive with your new job will put you in a better position for advancement.

Change is always difficult because you are leaving a position where you are an expert and going to a position that is new, where you have to learn new policies and proceedures but just as you became an expert at your other job, you will get there with this one too!! :)

God bless....good skill, :thumbsup
Liana

siriuswizdom
05-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by nuriyyah@May 3 2004, 10:29 AM
Peace of mind is worth far more than $2000. In addition, the updated training and technology you will receive with your new job will put you in a better position for advancement.

Change is always difficult because you are leaving a position where you are an expert and going to a position that is new, where you have to learn new policies and proceedures but just as you became an expert at your other job, you will get there with this one too!! :)

God bless....good skill, :thumbsup
Liana
ITA!!

*Sirius

Artsyblack
05-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Hey hey hey, Congrats................ :app

Yep, I agree a peace of mind with worth more than $2000 any day.

Don't worry about it though, in 6 months you will have learned new skills and like magic a new position will open up and you will be qualified. By you quitting you job, you just set the universe/god-dess in motion. :)

What you give ( unknowingly opened a position for someone else in need of a job), comes back 10 fold (rewarded for your faith and hard work)

Keep on reaching!!

p.s. don't waste energy speaking about your previous job or the people on it.

MzNGINEAR
05-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@May 3 2004, 10:11 AM
:app Congrats.. best of luck to you. Don't worry about the paycut.. the happiness is more important.
ITA

It is far better to be happy making less money...than to be miserable with lots of it...

blaqdredhd
05-07-2004, 12:27 AM
I can totally feel you on this. I quit my great paying job in December and started a new job in January that payed less but my peace of my mind matters most. Best of luck on your new gig and remember that you come first. Jobs don't last forever and if you were not happy then the best thing would be for you to bounce. A job is like a relationship, you have your good days and your bad days but when the bad outweighs the good you gotta do whats best for you.

:app