PDA

View Full Version : Acv Rinses

CCutie515
05-30-2009, 09:34 PM
I have been hearing a lot about ACV rinses since I decided not to go back to chemicals. Now the big questions is what is it? Lol I jus figured out what ACV stood for! So if you guys could post how to use this rinse and personal experiences and answer all the criteria I mentioned in the description!

etifaim
05-31-2009, 01:03 AM
Apple cider vinegar is very effective as a clarifying rinse for the hair after you've washed it. I dillute it with water (probably 1/2 cup to 16 fl oz) I use a water bottle :P

While I'm in the shower I pour it all over my hair. Let it set. Rub my scalp with my fingers. Rinse it out. Repeat if necessary (I never have personally). Then voila! My hair feels very light after an ACV rinse. I do it off and on, usually if my scalp is very itchy.

Hope that helps:-)

ETA: I let it set for maybe 5-10 minutes.

CCutie515
05-31-2009, 02:58 PM
thanks! that did help..i think i will try it next time i wash my hair. i also heard that some people do the ACV rinse after they condition too, but i'm not sure about that one.

AutumnRain
06-05-2009, 06:04 PM
If you do a search using "ACV" or "apple cider vinegar" you will come up with more great tips.

Here is a list for you until you become more familiar with the search feature. ACV (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=6c736760fff00b302153c98a6dc28a5c&search_in=titles&result_type=topics&highlite=apple+cider+vinegar)

bklynapps
06-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I have been hearing a lot about ACV rinses since I decided not to go back to chemicals. Now the big questions is what is it? Lol I jus figured out what ACV stood for! So if you guys could post how to use this rinse and personal experiences and answer all the criteria I mentioned in the description!
[/b]

Hi,

I do a ACV every couple of weeks to assist with getting rid of product build up. If you find that products are not working for you like they should or how you expected, it is best to ensure that there is no product buildup on the hair. Once the guck is off your hair, you can fairly evaluate what is working and what is not working for you. In other words, using an ACV, you are bringing your hair down to a "free of product state".

My measurement is two tablespoons of apple cider to 2 cups of warm water. Now I do mine a little differently from other folks. I place a large bowl in the kitchen sink, mix my acv, lean over the big bowl and then I pour the mixture over my hair. I massage my scalp a little after every pour. Then I pour the run off from the large bowl back into the container I mixed the ac in lean over the bowl and pour it over my hair again. I do this a couple of times (6 or more) until the acv looks a little cloudy. The cloudiness is a signal that it has got the product off my hair. I also know that my hair has been brought back to its natural PH factor. Your hair should feel really soft. Sometimes I follow with a light conditioner or spray in conditioner.

Personal tip: before I use any new product - whether it is purchased or made in the kitchen, I do an acv. that way I can evaluate what the product is doing for my hair. It is sometimes difficult to determine if your hair likes a new process or product if it is already coated with something else. Hope this helps.

KreativeKoils
06-21-2009, 03:21 AM
I've used Apple Cider Vinegar (it's actually easier for me to type out :lol: ) twice in my hair; each time was without shampoo or conditioner.
I started by putting baking soda on my dry hair, and trying to get it down to the scalp. Then I kind of just pour the vinegar on. The fuzzing you can feel is amazing, and when I was done, my hair was noticably softer, and my scalp has no build up.
I don't think it's wrong (it's been so right for me), but if you'd like to try it, I suggest you dilute it a bit. The smell can make you shake your head, lol.
HTH!

divanapptural
06-23-2009, 06:49 PM
[/b]
Hi there! I just use 1tbsp of apple cider vinegar in 2 cups of warm water as a final rinse. The scent goes away after a while so you dont have to worry about your hair smelling like a salad bar ! :lol: The sheen it leaves on your hair is beautiful! It (ACV) flattens the hair cuticle so your hair can shine! I use the ACV rinse after I clarify my hair with baking soda and then deep condition it. The trio(baking soda-deep conditioner-ACV rinse) works well for my hair. Its worth it!! :D

pretopsie
06-25-2009, 04:31 PM
I've used Apple Cider Vinegar (it's actually easier for me to type out :lol: ) twice in my hair; each time was without shampoo or conditioner.
I started by putting baking soda on my dry hair, and trying to get it down to the scalp. Then I kind of just pour the vinegar on. The fuzzing you can feel is amazing, and when I was done, my hair was noticably softer, and my scalp has no build up.
I don't think it's wrong (it's been so right for me), but if you'd like to try it, I suggest you dilute it a bit. The smell can make you shake your head, lol.
HTH!
[/b]
Thanks "Kreative Koils", I decided to try your method (jus cus) it seemd so simple and to the point. I love the way my hair looks and feels...