PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity

chocolatethunder
06-03-2009, 01:11 AM
After reading the june napptural of the month I have to wonder,is there anyone here who never did the big chop? I transitioned wearing my hair in bantu knots and because of my religion could not cut off the relaxed ends- I had to wait untill they fell off. So I wonder if anyone else here as ever transitoned in a similar fashion.

ccpalm
06-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Interesting question OP. I didn't know that relaxed ends could "fall off". But I guess if you can't cut your hair then the ends would eventually snap or break off. You might also want to post this question on the transitioner's thread. Looking forward to hearing if anyone has ever transitioned this way; again, good question....

LadyBug13
06-05-2009, 08:18 PM
There's the portion of the hair called the "line of demarcation", where the re.laxed portion of the hair meets the new growth (the weakest part of the hair). When you style your hair, you're styling two different textures of hair, and using a comb or brush on the line of demarcation will make the re.laxed ends break from the new growth. So essentially, the re.laxed ends do fall off.