PDA

View Full Version : What To Do With The Shag?

FreedomPlease
05-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Ok, I need a meeting of these great ladies and gents to help me decide what to do with my shag for graduation. :dance:

I call my hair the shag because it is all different lengths...but we have personality. :yaisse2 :yaisse3

:d) :d) :d) :d) So Saturday is my graduation from college...and I will be headed to law school in the fall. :bis But I want to do something different. If not...I will still be ready to roll :thumbsup

OK...give me some ideas....I am pretty good at styling, it's just I haven't really tried with my locks. To check them out...click on the house below and go to the Hair Journey page.

Thanks...and I can't wait for the replies... :pop

Beryl
05-04-2004, 01:32 AM
I couldn't see the picture of your straw set but why not try it with your locs? You can also do a rod set -- teeny-tiny rods to make very tight curls.

amalah9
05-04-2004, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Beryl@May 3 2004, 08:32 PM
You can also do a rod set -- teeny-tiny rods to make very tight curls.
Just got from your site. I think the rod-set would look really cute on you for grad day. :rainfro

BTW: Congratulations! :bis

expecting
05-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Is your hair long enough to pin up?

FreedomPlease
05-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Thank you, amalah9...I am sooooo excited.

Thanks for the suggestions...I haven't tried curling my locs yet. My hair is almost long enough to pin up....maybe I will combine the two...curling and pinned up in the back.

I will have to try this tonight so I will have time to find another solution if needed.

Keep the ideas coming.....

Sunchild
05-04-2004, 01:07 PM
I think the rod set will be cute as well. I wore a rod set on my graduation day as well.

Congrats on graduating and going to law school! :app

FreedomPlease
05-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Thank you, afrikankween. I think I will try to set my hair tonight, so that I can have time to explore other options...if needed.

QueenLocks
05-04-2004, 09:53 PM
ITA with Beryl :pop

:tiptoe to another thread

Sonryse
05-05-2004, 09:10 PM
i agree.. Congrats!!!

lovinmyself
05-06-2004, 12:44 AM
I don't have any suggestions only to say CONGRATULATIONS :app

luvnme1st
05-06-2004, 11:57 AM
I agree with the curls...they will be adorable.

I just came back from your album and you and your hair are just too cute, cute, cute!!! You may not agree, but I think your natural loc style is cute enough. The right make up and earrings will do your hair just fine....but of course the curls are always a winner. smile.

Your comparison shots are like WHOA! What a difference! Keep the pictures coming!

rockinlocs
05-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by luvnme1st@May 6 2004, 07:57 AM
I agree with the curls...they will be adorable.

I just came back from your album and you and your hair are just too cute, cute, cute!!! You may not agree, but I think your natural loc style is cute enough. The right make up and earrings will do your hair just fine....but of course the curls are always a winner. smile.

Your comparison shots are like WHOA! What a difference! Keep the pictures coming!
ITA with what luvinme1st said. I think your locs look cute just freestyle, but if styling is what you want, then I cast my vote for the rod set as well!

BTW, CONGRATS on graduating!!! :app

ETA: I was thinking too, that with your "shag" that short flip style would be cute. Maybe roll the CROWN in a downward direction on slightly larger rods/rollers for more volume and lift, but then roll the back and side going upward on tiny rods for that flip effect.

FreedomPlease
05-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Well...I didn't do the roller set due to time. I did a updo on the top and let the back just hang....I plan to post pictures this week...

It was cute...and everyone was shocked because I don't style my locs...I just let them be.