PDA

View Full Version : Need A Loc Buddy I Am In Queens, Ny

letitia0721
06-21-2009, 04:08 PM
I started my loc journey on Feb. 13, 2009. I am enjoying the process although being honest I am a bit frustrated with the fuzziness of my locs. I am aware that my hair texture has a lot to do with how quickly my locs fuzz up after a visit to my loctician. I am biracial and also previously had a chemical fire cream in my hair so maybe all of these play a part as well. The back of my hair is starting to loc and bud but the front is still only the twists. She has me come in every three to four weeks and this last visit by the time I got in the chair my front locs were so untwisted with new growth it was scary. Maybe I am putting to much oil in the front when I am trying to help control the frizzies!!!!

My loctician is really not trying to give me any information on becoming more self efficient which has left me ready to move on and find someone who will encourage me to learn how to maintain my locs better on my own. I started my locs with two-strand twists and no beezwax. My loctician has her own gel/creme combination that she created. That is fine but seems to really leave me a bit itchy by the second week almost like clock work.

Just learning more about the best products to use and watching others on their journey will be great inspiration for me and make this process that much more exciting. I am thinking of getting a loc accelerator or using lemon juice....any opinions on the pros and cons of either of these?

So if anyone out there is ready to teach I am ready to soak up some knowledge.

Letitia H.

canarsiechik88
06-21-2009, 04:26 PM
glad that you found the forum :D