PDA

View Full Version : Natural Hair Stylist In The Orlando Area

dreamypooh
06-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know a natural hair stylist in the Orlando area? I'm a loose hair natural and I'm looking to get my hair dyed. I haven't had good experiences with stylists who are not used to curly/kinky hair.

Thanks!

canarsiechik88
06-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Hey Central Floridian!!!!!!!!! Um, I realized w/in the orlando area, there aren't alot of beauticians that dyes natural hair, better yet DEALS with natural hair.

dreamypooh
06-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the response...even though it bummed me out :)

Have you ever heard or been to Shiobhan Charles Salon (http://www.shiobhancharles.com/default.asp)
its downtown on Church St. They have a natural hair stylist and I went there for a consultation when I was transitioning but I wasn't too impressed.

I want color so bad but I'm scared to death that someone who is not used to natural hair is going to mess me up.

canarsiechik88
06-25-2009, 02:50 PM
YOu just taught me something new!!! I never heard of that one! how come u werent impressed

dreamypooh
06-25-2009, 04:06 PM
I was brand new to the whole natural thing and I wanted to get two strand twists but I didn't like any of the pics of her past client. That's really the only reason I wasn't impressed, she did give me good tips on how to keep my hair moisturized.

However, I just went there today doing my lunch break to get some Miss Jessie's products and I talked to one of the stylist who convinced me that they would be able to color my hair so I made an appointment with the owner who also does natural hair. I'll let you know how it goes.

canarsiechik88
06-25-2009, 08:17 PM
dont forget ;)

dreamypooh
06-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Ok so the owner was able to squeeze me in on Friday to dye my hair. It turned out ok, it wasn't exactly what I asked for but I like it. There were a few other naturals getting their hair p.ressed and it looked decent if you like that sort of thing :)

Overall I would go back, I might go in for two strand twists at some point.

debrmitc
06-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Does anyone know a natural hair stylist in the Orlando area? I'm a loose hair natural and I'm looking to get my hair dyed. I haven't had good experiences with stylists who are not used to curly/kinky hair.

Thanks!
[/b]

Wanna drive an hour to Tampa, Florida call Nubian Knots @ Nubian Knots
(813) 250-0246

1920 W Main St, Tampa, FL

morgank98
07-23-2009, 07:48 PM
You might want to check out Estah Loc's & Hair Care Salon, it's on Pine Hills right before you get to Silver Star. The owner's name is La Tonya. Really like the place, nice atmosphere but it's a little pricey for my out of work wallet. But I love the place! I've never had my hair colored there but check her out. Eshahlocsandhaircare.com 407-292-2229
1425 N. Pine Hills Rd, Orlando 32808

canarsiechik88
07-23-2009, 08:02 PM
^^^ fellow ORLANDIAN, feel like doing a meetup :)