PDA

View Full Version : Locs

NaTural_High
05-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Okay, I have this delima. I had locs for 4 years and I cut them off last year because I went through some thangs that I had to let go; cutting them off was a symbol of keeping them in the past and also a rebirth for my self. Any ways, I am sooooo tempted. I've had my from and I love it soooo much, I go some coils in my hair and the more days go by, the more I'm tempted to just let it lock up. I really wanna let my fro grow but at the same time I want my locs back. I just don't know what to do. HELP ME PLEASE!

pics of my hair (http://photos.yahoo.com/napngo)

londongal
05-06-2004, 08:06 PM
:rainfro do it sista, you've obviously got the face for locs - go for it !!! :app

NappyRed76
05-06-2004, 09:14 PM
You have to do it when you are ready...you'll definitely know when you are....I always knew I wanted locs but wasn't ready till about 3 months ago adn that's when I started my journey.

Simplyloc
05-07-2004, 02:14 AM
you look good either way! But you are in the loc zone- so i say locit up girl!!

SwissMocha
05-07-2004, 04:37 AM
Like NappyRed, I knew I was gonna loc eventually but I waited til I was ready...I say go with what u feel sis

:heart Peace and love :heart

Dreamyb
05-07-2004, 10:23 PM
i would play with the fro just a bit longer 'till you're sure you want to loc it up. however, if you're yearnin' for some locs i say "go for it!"

:offtopic

how funny is this?

ms. lady, i made a similar shirt of mos def except he was sitting down with the electric guitar (same photo shoot i guess, different pose 8) ).

alma2254
05-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Like others said, you'll know when its time.

I also knew I was going to loc and my 'calling' came in 2001. Then I KNEW I had to go for it.

:heart

Sunchild
05-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Your album is nice! I feel like I just got finished watching an episode of america's next top model.

I say spend time getting to know your fro, you can always loc.

sonshinescoils
05-08-2004, 03:07 AM
you keep your twists in for a few months. if you get tired before they begin to loc, pic em out. an option. they're not necessarily mutually exclusive.

or you could just loc one side :lol

NaTural_High
05-10-2004, 03:13 AM
awww thank you ladies..i needed that..i think i'll keep the fro longer