PDA

View Full Version : Salons In Atlanta

BeadOneBeadTwo
08-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Hello Everyone. Back in November I combed out my locs. For about three-four months, I was getting it pressed. Then came the summer months. I've been wearing it in a fro since. I'm not savvy with styling. I need someone (doesn't have to be a salon) that can trim my hair and do protective styles. If I don't get something done soon, I'll be shaving with my husband in the mornings ;) . PLEASE HELP!

juicesandberries
08-15-2009, 01:22 PM
There is a thread about Afrodisiac Salon by Heart Moon. I haven't been there. But what she described seems like what you are looking for.

BeadOneBeadTwo
08-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Good Morning Ladies and Gents,

After reviewing some old threads, I decided to contact Malik at Yaffa Natural Hair Studio. I am very pleased with his work. He trimmed my hair and did two strand twists. He started on time (which is a big thing for me) and his prices are reasonable. My hair feels great, the products aren't heavy, and have a light fragrance. I would definitely recommend him.

Malik at Yaffa Natural Hair Studio: 404-230-9111

cheerphi
08-31-2009, 11:33 AM
I am going for my first professional hair cut on Thursday at Urbanbella. I purchase all of my products from here.

Has anyone been to the salon?

I had to put a $50 deposit down, which is not a problem at all. After making my appointment for a cut and a style (which I wasn't sure if I was going to get twists, finger style, etc.), I just asked curiously how much was the cut and she said $90. So then I asked how much were twists and she said $150.

Is this usually how much natural hair salons charge?

I will post pics after my cut.

Cinnamon42
08-31-2009, 04:10 PM

After reviewing some old threads, I decided to contact Malik at Yaffa Natural Hair Studio. I am very pleased with his work. He trimmed my hair and did two strand twists. He started on time (which is a big thing for me) and his prices are reasonable. My hair feels great, the products aren't heavy, and have a light fragrance. I would definitely recommend him.

[/b]

IA Malik used to do my hair years ago...with his cute self. ^_^

tlshaw2
09-15-2009, 07:12 PM

[/b]

I am going to Malik on tomorrow for my BC.. I am super excited :lol:

Soulsys
09-30-2009, 01:18 AM
I've gone to Afrodisiac salon a few times and have had great service. Both Fatima and her daughter do great work.

Chocolate CurlyGirl
09-30-2009, 02:19 AM
I may have to try Afrodisiac out when I decide to get over not wanting to pay for hair services lol. I rather buy products teehee.

macknappy
10-05-2009, 12:56 AM
I have gone to Afrodisac a few times and the services were just ok. The last visit I went in for a deep condish and a trim, and I got a deep hair cut by Mayheida (Fatima's daughter). She cut my hair in this all over even Afro, in which I did not ask for. I will say that she did a good job, but it was not what I asked for or needed. She cut almost2-3 inches off!!