PDA

View Full Version : Are You A Sheet Snob/junkie?

ray
09-04-2009, 09:39 PM
I have to admit that I am a snob when it comes to bedding. I have a hard time sleeping because I work nights and I have to have good quality sheets. This is one area that I will spend my money. I am always looking for deals. I just bought a set of king silver sheets 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton for under $100 dollars. I am so proud of myself. Surely I am not the only one who feels this way? My friends think I am crazy but hey if you can't sleep then you will do anything possible so that you can.

Does anyone else share this bedding love affair with me?

Poetic_Butterfly
09-05-2009, 10:34 PM
I have a thing for very comfortable pillows and comforters! :D I have a comforter set that I bought last winter season, that I have not placed on the bed because I am waiting for the perfect sheets. :lol:

Peace,
Rasta

Soul Rebel
09-07-2009, 02:03 AM
Are You A Sheet Snob/junkie?[/b]

:yes:

I wasn't particularly until I did a job for this bedding company Montague and Capulet (http://www.montagueandcapulet.com) and as part of my payment they gave me a full set (duvet, shams, sheets, pillowcases... the works) and I've been hooked on high-end bedding ever since. Such an indulgence but the difference is real. Love It. :wub:

GeorgiaApple
10-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Yes I love sheet sets. I'm afraid to get really good ones because my hubby has a tendency to distroy any good sheets and towel to the point that you can tell who sleeps on what side of the bed. I have this love affair with towels too. Not only am I constantly buying them but they have to be folded a certain way. I need therapy!! LOL

sunnysmile751
10-08-2009, 02:23 AM
I like crisp sheets and bedding. I don't like too high of a count but not too low either. I go for 200 ct. I like that crisp feeling and the sound of it when I snuggle up in bed. And I looove my down comforter. My only problem is getting good duvets. How come stores have such little variety? I want to shout the awesomeness of duvets from the mountain tops hahaha. The only reason why I don't have more sheet sets is because I have no space to store them.

sunnysmile751
10-08-2009, 05:36 AM
Ughh, figures. The nearest Ikea is two hours away! Well that's reason no. 435 to go learn how to sew.

ray
10-08-2009, 05:46 AM
I am glad I am not alone. I am eyeing some sheets on Overstock now.

caribbelle
11-02-2009, 07:52 AM
omg...this is soo me. I treated myself to a beautiful comforter set for my bday, and bought matching white sheets. My bed has to look like perfection before i get into it. I'm one of those people that take forever to make a bed because i want everything to be fluffed and primped - just like on a magazine cover.

When I move, I can't wait to decorate. Hold on i've got some links for you guys.

http://www.johnrobshaw.com/home.htm

http://www.ajmoss.com/

jorjeni
11-04-2009, 02:13 AM
I don't have to have any fancy sheets on my bed but on wash day I wash my sheets and pillow cases last I try to do them right before I go to sleep that night. I get them Hot out of the drier and before I put them on my bed I sprinkle baby powder on the bed then I put my sheets on. I also like to take a long hot bath before and put laverdar oil on my body and fancy jammies then get inbetween the hot sheets that smell so good and sleep like a baby.:))

Savvyone
09-02-2010, 05:00 PM
YUP:D I got treated to a high thread count several xmas's ago and been hooked ever since...but I've always been anal about my bed and bedding, even as a kid I have more pics of me in my bedroom and my various comforter sets than anything!:-))

I prefer the "magazine" look for my bedroom and bathroom as well and got a California king size bed so I can feel small, it's divine!!

MsNadia524
09-06-2010, 04:35 AM
Ok... now I know I'm not alone...

My bed must have a feather mattress, feather comforter, 4 feather pillows and body pillow. My sheet & duvet sets have always been pure white and I spray my bed with lavendar oil when I make it up. My eye and neck pillow are lavendar scented. I wash everything every 2 weeks. I'm not sure how high the thread count is, but I've never had any balls formed or anything. I've been buying organic cotton sheets and they feel like butter. I also have mosquito netting around my bed.

Home Fro
09-07-2010, 11:43 PM
I have to admit that I am a snob when it comes to bedding. I have a hard time sleeping because I work nights and I have to have good quality sheets. This is one area that I will spend my money. I am always looking for deals. I just bought a set of king silver sheets 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton for under $100 dollars. I am so proud of myself. Surely I am not the only one who feels this way? My friends think I am crazy but hey if you can't sleep then you will do anything possible so that you can.

Does anyone else share this bedding love affair with me?

No Ray you're not the only one. I bought some 1000 ct sheets in NYC a couple of years ago and I was hooked. I do buy lesser count sheets but I'm very particular about them. I'm such a sheet snob when I travel I take my own bedding with me.

Impy!
11-07-2010, 01:48 PM
wow... more power to all of you ladies...so long the bed is clean and the sheets look good im oh so good. I can't see myself spending money on sheets etc like that.

sissimpson
07-10-2011, 08:39 PM
I am so in tune with you! I worked nights, and started spoiling myself with sweet sheets with high thread counts. I've found some good bargains on Overstock.com, but nothing as good as 1000-count yet. Okay, share....where did you find them????

Chocolate CurlyGirl
07-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Yes! I snagged some really nice sheets from Marshall's. I think the thread count is 1000. I should have purchased 2 sets because I've been just washing and re-washing these and neglecting all of my others lol! Since I wash my sheets at least once a week, it is a nuisance using the same ones because I can't just throw them in the dirty clothes and get fresh ones out of the closet. So, I guess I should look for more. There is a HUGE difference in sheets with a higher thread count.

Chocolate CurlyGirl
07-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Also, I love bedding period. I have so many comforter sets it's a bit ridiculous so I'm trying to get more quilts since they take up less storage space. I think nice bedding just completely changes the look of a bedroom. I guess that's why I have so many comforters because I love switching up colors and changing comforters is a quick way to change the color scheme of a bedroom.

Angej
07-11-2011, 01:46 AM
I'm with you, like HomeFro I also used to travel with my own sheet set. My daughter now knows that I can't sleep on less than 200 counts. In addition, I must wash them at least once a week nothing like sleeping on freshly washed sheets. I read once that sheets are like wearing clothes at night so it is important to keep them clean.

au napptural
07-11-2011, 03:26 AM
Y'all are preaching! I can't do less than 300 count and lately that's been feeling rough. I love satin sheets above EVERYTHING though.

Micheli
09-21-2011, 08:51 AM
I can't do sheets in the 100s anymore. They have to be 1000+. I never realized just how sensitive my skin is until I discovered Egyptian cotton a few years back. I'd never thought about thread count before then. I won't even put "regular" cotton sheets in my kid's crib. Nothing but chenille for him.
But I am a bargain hunter, so I don't feel bad about a lil' splurging.

KoilyLocGirl
03-17-2012, 05:37 AM
BUMP************