PDA

View Full Version : Puppy Trainning:How too?

Fuesha
10-01-2009, 09:20 PM
I just got a spunky, teething, high energy lil almost 11 week old Chi.

Her name is Delilah and she is such a mess :p!

I wanted to know how do you all go about trainning your dogs?

From potty trainning to actually teaching commands.

We are currently pad training her and plan to start crate training her in the comming week.

She pretty much knows her name insay about 88%:)

But she is still not house trained fully, plus when we take her for walks she wont pee until she gets back to the pad, but she will still go anywhere she chooses if we dont watch her.

Im also interested in clicker training and also in knowing about putting her in puppy classes at Petsmart so all and any advice would be helpful!

Tks

bhop13
10-06-2009, 02:55 PM
My SO got a Boxer in May and he enrolled him in the Puppy training class at Petsmart (Petco has them too). They were well worth the money. They teach you different commands and they teach you how to train him and I think learning how is the biggest thing.

Now we didn't do pad training. I heard from a Petsmart trainer that she wouldn't recommned that because they may just see white paper on the ground and pee on it, lol. I know there is something in it that attracts them but I've come to realize that so much of them is related to sight. This Boxer puppy thinks ALL socks, sheets, and blankets are toys.

You might also want to check out Petco weekly because they have these free classes for training, socialization, etc that you can go to.

Fuesha
10-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Free you say? sounds great and there is a PetCo right by my house. Tks!

bhop13
10-07-2009, 02:05 AM
Now these are not the actual 8 week training classes...those are $100 or something These free ones are more like one time things but they have them every once in a while and you just have to sign up.

Fuesha
10-07-2009, 07:26 PM
^^^ yeah i know. We plan to sign her up for one come next check!