PDA

View Full Version : New New to my Happy Do

calieluv66
10-13-2009, 11:33 PM
wearing natural hair after 30 years of perms...to b honest wasn't all that afraid of what folks thought..I did get a couple of comments about having a nappy hair...i just simply say my hair isn't nappy..with a convincin face and that's it..lol...i'm just having a hard time in finding the right products to us and stylist to help me with style here in this city..most shops here wants consultations with a fee..i remember mom doin our natural hair just fine without all of the fancy stuff to use in our head and our hair was just fine and then she sent me to get my first perm at the Madam CJ walker building at a shop called Canaras..the perm was a nice look (something new)... I don't understand all of this hype and fees about something thats just natural to us(well most nowadays) my hair is really nice i'm so proud to have it natural..took me a year and 9 months to where it open like this (had extensions and french braids) I started out thinking I wanted dreds but changed my mind..fyi my husband luvs it

SweetHoneyLocs
10-15-2009, 01:45 AM
congrats Caliluv66!!