PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Stylist

animalplanet
04-16-2003, 02:33 AM
Can anybody recommend a natural hair care stlyist or salon in the Detroit area? Thanks.

superduperpoof
04-19-2003, 05:10 PM
I wish I could remember the name, but there was one on Livernois just south of 7mile on the westside of the street. Its across the street from a pet supply store. If I remember the name, I'll come back and post it.

AKAHLF
05-15-2003, 05:43 PM
It's called Happy To Be Nappy. They are priceyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

sonshinescoils
05-15-2003, 11:32 PM
I think African Euphoria is down there too...
That's where I was looking to get my hair braided for my wedding but I can't seem to get any natural feedback on it...

Do you know? And what can you tell me about Happy to be Nappy?

<><

AKAHLF
05-17-2003, 02:29 PM
I think African Euphoria is down there too...

I would not recommend those shady African hair braiding salons in the 7 mile area. Too funny style for me....switching prices, inconsistent pricing, attitudes, too tight hair pulling..

And what can you tell me about Happy to be Nappy?

I&#39;ve been in there several times - for a consultation (after I was dissed @ the African shop next door) and to buy natural hair products/clothing. The prices are up there, so I did not get my hair done there, but the vibe is nice. One of the stylists has loc extenions and they look good. From what I&#39;ve seen, they do all kinds of styles.

Hope my little review of HTBN was worth it.

rockinlocs
05-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Hey ladies!

Just to put this out there, I&#39;m in the Detroit area and I&#39;m in the process of converting my living room into a little spot to do natural hair. I know how to do 2 strands, knots, locs, flat twists, corn rows (not the REAL fancy stuff, but I do aiight), TWA cutting and shaping. I still haven&#39;t mastered comb coils but I&#39;m working on it!

My prices you can expect to be reasonable.

I&#39;ll let you know when I&#39;m open for business! :afro:

AKAHLF
05-18-2003, 02:47 PM
I&#39;ll let you know when I&#39;m open for business!

WHOO HOO!!!! :)

superduperpoof
05-18-2003, 08:30 PM
[quote]I&#39;ll let you know when I&#39;m open for business![\QUOTE]

Please do!

poetically-yourz
05-20-2003, 01:19 AM
Can anyone tell me about "Happy to be Nappy"? Is it an ok salon (i.e. clean, nice staff, etc)? Also, how expensive are their prices?

Any information would be appreciated!!

superduperpoof
05-20-2003, 03:16 PM
I just remembered! I went in there sometime last year to get a price quote on two strand twists. No extenstions, just 10" of my hair. I was quoted $110. I don&#39;t remember if thats totally based on length, or if the lady factored thickness into the price as well. The people seemed nice, but I didn&#39;t get the twists though.

nottyfreedom
06-12-2003, 10:05 PM
yes! make sure you do that rockin. i wouldnt suggest the african braiding shops either as a source for natural hair care. i actually wouldnt call them that. especially if ur sesitive about the environment and the hands you want up in yo head. but thats jus mi.

peace :afro: