PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Locs

sharice25
05-12-2004, 05:47 PM
If I wanted to loc my hair temporarily to so if I'd want to keep them, how long will I have before I can condition them out? Or how will I know when to take them out?[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple][I] :-?

goldilocs
05-12-2004, 05:58 PM
You should try yarn locs (Nu locs) -- your hair braided with yarn -- so see if you like the look.

I don't think you would be able to "condition out" the locs once they begin to loc. You would probably have to resort to a more time-consuming method to remove them.

You can also try putting in comb coils or two-strand twists to see if you like the appearance. You will have some time before they beging to actually loc-up to decide whether or not you want to keep them.

flybutter
05-12-2004, 07:18 PM
I have a friend who found out that temporary locs is an oxymoron. My advice is to take goldilocs advice and try something other than traditional locs. Good luck to you!

niknik
05-12-2004, 08:03 PM
I have yarn wrapped around my starter locs. It gives me an idea of what my own locs would look like once they grow longer. I guess it would be a good idea for those who are undecided about locs but they are really getting on my nerves now.

realbeauty
05-13-2004, 01:35 AM
Try it , you may just like it.