PDA

View Full Version : Contemplating the BC

Nappz92
11-09-2009, 02:10 AM
its senior year...im 17 and iv been perm free for for about 5 months now..and i think that my 2 textures r starting that infamous battle. i am scared to get th BC for a number for reasons..1: what if I have an awkward shaped head?..2: its getting cold out..3: I have a big head an terrible skin (i have a holy cross of connect-the-dots on my face!) and I probably wont look good..
Im wondering if there was anyone who BC'd in while in high school..

Nappfully Made
11-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Hey girl its nice to see another potential napptural who's in high school :). I started to transition when I was 16 and need the big chop when I was 17 so I was natural for about the last half of senior year. And really when you do the BC its such a HUGEEE relief to have all the permed ends off. And I never got so many compliments with a TWA then with all my weaves, braids, perms etc. To look at it positively, if you cut your permed ends off, you get to enjoy your napptural hair and have HUGE HAIR (if that's your goal). So many people tell me now that they look up to me and think that I'm brave for cutting my hair. Not to pat myself on the back or anything but it takes a lot of guts to cut off your hair esp. to a natural style as a YOUNG african american lady. Esp. at my high school which had about 4,000 people and being one of only three naturals in my whole school.

Sorry for the essay but just do the BC. I didn't tell my parents when I did it and they didn't really like it but they just had to deal with it :D. Now that I'm in college, I definitely thank God that I went natural in high school. And this site has been my lifeline since I didn't have any support either :(.

Anyway..... Good luck to you girl and have try to have fun in your last year of high school :/

natural813
11-10-2009, 01:32 AM
I have been perm free for 3 months..am 18 and a senior in high school yeah class of 2010 :)...I would do the BC but I know how people are when it comes to natural hair so I am waiting until I finish high school in June..Its up to you when to do it and when you are prepared...dont rush it..u dont want to regret anything :)

Gorgeouslocs
12-10-2009, 10:56 PM
My sister's BC'd more than a handful of times while in highschool but they usually did it during the summer...

Maybe instead of doing the BC all at once...you can gradually cut off a little here and a little there to see how you like it and give yourself time to adjust. Just an idea...

Blessings~ :))