PDA

View Full Version : Hair won't revert back...

Faye2b40
11-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi everyone....I have been natural for a little over 3 years now and I am LOVING the versatility that I have in doing my styles. My hair has been very healthy; HOWEVER, I think I may have damaged my hair by blowing it out and flat ironing...the front of my hair will not "spring" back to it's original form. Is this permanent or is there something I can do to put the curl back into my hair?...HELP...Any advice would be appreciated!!

PS...I'm NEVER putting heat to my hair AGAIN!!

beetle87
11-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Try a protein treatment and a dc afterwards to see if your curl will return. If it doesn't return, then your hair might be heat damaged. If that is the case, you can let your hair grow and you can cut the straightened ends if you're scared of losing length.

KemetCandy
11-13-2009, 10:17 PM
There is still a chance that your hair is not heat damaged,but rather severly dryed out.
you may want to try to wash and condition you hair a couple more times before you determine if you need to cut it(some people's hair doesn't revert back after the first wash). Also check out this video from YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnl57aBg-8c

PS: Never use heat again. Try banding or braiding your hair in oder to stretch it.

T.Renee
11-14-2009, 12:59 AM
this youtuber was able to get her hair to revert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5DHPaHgKLc

but now you know, using heat is not a fun game to play

STRANDed
11-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh I just bought some heat appliances 2 weeks ago. Now you think I learned my lesson the first time (please see thread in heat section). <smh> This topic is gonna make me think twice about using them now as a sweet reminder of what happened before. I had stopped using them for awhile because some crackheads stole my blowdryer and flat iron when I was living in the hood. I did not know they did me a favor. Silly me may have wasted my money again.

CurlyBeauty
11-15-2009, 07:04 PM
I get nervous about using heat even with blowdrying. I'm glad this thread was started.

CurlyBeauty
11-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Oh I just bought some heat appliances 2 weeks ago. Now you think I learned my lesson the first time (please see thread in heat section). <smh> This topic is gonna make me think twice about using them now as a sweet reminder of what happened before. I had stopped using them for awhile because some crackheads stole my blowdryer and flat iron when I was living in the hood. I did not know they did me a favor. Silly me may have wasted my money again.

I love your signature! LOL!

monazoom
11-15-2009, 07:25 PM
i'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet, I've seen other threads shut down for less :-|

Tenia-B
11-15-2009, 10:46 PM

I'm sorry, but lol @ STRANDed... The mental picture of the crackheads sneaking out with your f.lat iron is hilarious...

@ OP... I hope your hair goes back to normal... I have been having the same problem, except it's the back of my hair.. I am noticing a slow reversion... It's been about 2 months since I straightened it and it's still not fully reverted... I am going to try the protein treatment if that gets the last couple of small sections back to normal... I

Bunicornaces
11-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Hi everyone....I have been natural for a little over 3 years now and I am LOVING the versatility that I have in doing my styles. My hair has been very healthy; HOWEVER, I think I may have damaged my hair by blowing it out and flat ironing...the front of my hair will not "spring" back to it's original form. Is this permanent or is there something I can do to put the curl back into my hair?...HELP...Any advice would be appreciated!!

PS...I'm NEVER putting heat to my hair AGAIN!!
Watch, it might not be over just yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5DHPaHgKLc

Karibana
11-15-2009, 11:51 PM
i'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet, I've seen other threads shut down for less :-|

This isn't a "how to use heat without damage" thread but a call for help for heat damage. Not the same thing.