PDA

View Full Version : Garlic

remilaku
11-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Has anyone used garlic in their locs before?

What did it do for you?

Did it regrow hair?

Did it help your locs in anyway?

NeverMoore
11-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Molasses? Now garlic? What are you up to Remilaku? Whose locks are you cooking?

If you're thinking of a product line I'd be curious enough to learn more.

ayana862004
11-15-2009, 01:28 AM
garlic.......you tryna ward off vampires??? :)

remilaku
11-15-2009, 03:38 AM
Molasses? Now garlic? What are you up to Remilaku? Whose locks are you cooking?

If you're thinking of a product line I'd be curious enough to learn more.

That is funny. I am just trying to find more natural ways to do things.

SoulStar
11-15-2009, 07:00 AM
I am sure garlic would help with the crown. I think a garlic, lemon ,chamomile, aloe, thing may work better and with some lavender or essential to cut the scent. Garlic in the hair may smell like curry or something.

CinnamonBiscuit
11-15-2009, 07:21 AM
I've never tried garlic. I have considered food on my hair, though. I thought about honey, until I learned it's used to lighten the color of the hair. I thought about oatmeal, but it would just be a mess on my head. Garlic is yummy as a savory food, but the only thing it would do for my hair is make it smell like dinner, and I'd prefer my hair to smell like gummy candy. I'm thinking of using butter, but I don't think it would work on my hair. When my hair matures some more, I'll try cocoa butter.

Reicya
11-17-2009, 08:26 PM
I found this on the net:
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon of aloe gel

1 tablespoon of honey

1 tablespoon of garlic juice

2 egg yolks

3 tablespoons of chamomile (tea bag content is fine to use)

24 fluid oz of water

Instructions:
1) Peel garlic and use a garlic press to squeeze the juice out
2) Mix it with honey and place the bowl in the fridge
3) Boil water with chamomile tea for about 30 minutes
4) Stir occasionally
5) When tea is done, take the bowl with honey and garlic juice out of the fridge
6) Stir in an egg yolk into the garlic juice/honey mix
7) Add aloe gel.
8) Use the mix and gently rub it in your scalp. When you run out of the paste, wrap a towel around your head.
9) Keep on your head for 20 minutes and wash once with a neutral shampoo (I used Johnson's Baby shampoo). Rub in the second egg yolk and wash off using only warm water.
10) To finish off, wash your hair off with the previously prepared chamomile tea.
Use this mix once a week. If you don't notice any improvement within a month or so, please visit a dermatologist.
That's it! It might sound a bit elaborate, but remember: your hair loss is a complicated issue and deserves to be treated like one. Let me know if you found this hair loss remedy helpful.
Biljana Drake is an avid collector of homemade skin care recipes. For more great skin care tips, facial masks recipes, homemade remedies, visit her website http://www.skin-care-recipes-and-remedies.com (http://www.skin-care-recipes-and-remedies.com/)

HTH

ya~akua
11-18-2009, 05:21 PM
...lol...@ ayana...

Gorgeouslocs
11-18-2009, 09:14 PM
I'd prolly use a garlic supplement before I put garlic/garlic juice in my hair or on my scalp.... :-|

I can just imagine folks circling around my cubicle saying, "What's that smell?" :huh: sniff* sniff*

:p...

Bejewelle
11-18-2009, 09:45 PM
^^^ Yea, this is one thing I don't need to try. Interested in hearing how it goes though.

IvonNappy
03-24-2012, 11:14 AM
bump, this was an interesting read

Veviticus
03-24-2012, 04:39 PM
The main ingredient in garlic is sulfur which is good for the hair and skin. Instead of using garlic and smelling like one, just purchase a garlic supplement or sufur (MSM), I think it's what it's called.

coalblacklocs
03-24-2012, 09:28 PM
I use queen helen's garlic shampoo and I love it.