PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!

ShanYvette
11-19-2009, 03:16 AM
Im a newbie. I bc March 26, 2009 and i love it. my hair is growing good and its very healthy. I was wondering how to do a blow out. I wanna stretch this crazy hair of mine out.

Cerendipity
11-19-2009, 03:31 AM
HI. Congrats on your BC. It's a wonderful experience. Nappturality doesn't advocate the use of heat styling or discussions centered on how to. There are plenty of ways to stretch out your hair without heat though. You might want to try some searches for banding or stretching.

Usually I put in really big cornrows or braids. The next day I unravel and fluff. I hope this helps a little.

Kinky_Curly_Bri_Nyc
11-19-2009, 03:47 AM
Im a newbie. I bc March 26, 2009 and i love it. my hair is growing good and its very healthy. I was wondering how to do a blow out. I wanna stretch this crazy hair of mine out.
Congrats on ur BC! ( u did it on my bday! lol) heres a video about banding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCivR_iOpg4

I subscribe to her on youtube, she has a bunch of great videos! If u need any more advice feel free to send me a private messege! I'd be happy to help you out :D

Kitathena
11-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Yes, try banding...much better without all the heat.

Here's my experiences with it:

http://newlynatural.com/blog/category/banding/

I especially like to do it before putting in twists

ShanYvette
11-30-2009, 06:21 AM
Thanks ladies. I tried the banding and it works great. I only blowdry so i dont have to go out with a wet head in the cold. i did wash and gos during the summer. I appreciate the feedback.:)

Ms-gg
11-30-2009, 04:01 PM
I am a fan of braidouts/twistouts. After you do the braidout/twistout you can always lightly comb it out with a very wide tooth comb if you prefer. I wouldn't make it a habit though...

Yellowtearhose
11-30-2009, 09:41 PM
Hey, I used to think that my hair needed to be blown out but after doing it, it just dried out my hair and made it feel hard so I don't do it anymore. Now, I just moisturize really well and put in about 5-6 cornrolls and take them out with a wide tooth comb the next morning.

Karibana
11-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Thick flattwists result in a blowout look for me.

sweetdrmr
11-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Congratulations on your BC!

A few flattwists will do the job or even a few cornrows. I don't know how fast your hair dries but you can try doing a few large single twists or braids then pinning them down with hairpins or duck clips until the hair is COMPLETELY dry. No matter what option you choose I don't think it will get as blown out as it would if you used a hair dryer, but it's all better for your hair than the heat.