PDA

View Full Version : I'm bored with my hair

coalblacklocs
11-23-2009, 08:34 AM
I need help making it through this inbetween length without chopping it all the heck off.

I have had a fade over the past year. I'm trying to grow it out now. I had locs but I cut them off because I was having some postpartum migraines after the birth of my son a year ago and the locs were not helping me. So I had been having a fade.

but I was getting tired of it and it's been a few months now and I haven't been back to the barber shop.

Now my hair is somewhere around 3 inches stretched out and about 1 1/2 inches when it's completely shrunken.

I'm ok with it being short, it just looks stupid. and uneven. I've always been one to like well shaped styles, sort of on the sharp side. I'd like an edgy cut that at the same time doesn't take too much off at the top . I just want the top to grow.

I know me. I am unable to just let my hair grow out. I get aggravated with it, I feel frumpy and ugggly and end up chopping it. The only way I can grow it out is with a series of strategically planned cuts at each length that will make me leave it alone while at the same time feeling like I look good.

Does all ofthis make sense?

It's just SO HARD to find pictures of the type of cut that I want to take my barber.

coalblacklocs
11-23-2009, 08:41 AM
I can't go back and edit. I just wanted to add a few things. It feels like I have huge clumps of hair in certain spots.

It's like the only way I can get an edgy look is if I go all the way back down to a fade or if I have lots more length added. It's hard to look edgy and hip when you look like a poodle about the head. Or curly sue. That's NOT edgy or trendy at all. :huh:

MSANTOS99
11-23-2009, 01:02 PM
I feel you on that one, I had the same situation becuase I started of with a faded cut but now it grew and it is all uneven but I just keep twist and cornrolls so that I can't see it and let it grow. Hang in there!