PDA

View Full Version : Where did the time go???

nita4
11-30-2009, 04:47 AM
I will be turning 49 on January 1st. That trips me out because I was telling a friend that I didn't even realize that I was that old until this year. What do I mean by that? It means that I now realize that if I make it another 49 years on this earth in good health and in my right mind then I will be truly blessed. I am young at heart. I feel good, look good. I am happy with myself and life. Don't get me wrong, things could always stand to be better, richer, thinner, etc., I have never tripped off age or how old someone was or wasn't. All the things that I stressed over in life are now basically irrelavent. I know that everything will take care of itself in time. I am now one of those people that I thought was so worldly and mature when I was younger. Funny thing is...I don't feel that way. Is anyone out there feeling me???

curlz4me
11-30-2009, 07:07 AM
When I was younger, I had much respect for my elders. They were the wisest people I knew. Now that I'm the age they were back then, I don't still feel so wise. Actually, I find that I have more questions than I did years ago. But I am more mellower than I was years ago. I'm young at heart too and have been blessed to have friends of all ages.

I freaked out at turning 30 because (in my mind) it meant the end of my youth, that I had to change the way I dressed, wore my hair, the way I acted, etc. (silly I know). At 40, I looked to women like Tina Turner and thought, "OH YEAH, HOT MOMMA NOW" I felt confident enough to be myself and not be so concerned about how others viewed me. Then, I started getting mail from AARP and thought, why in the world are they sending this stuff to me. This is for older folks (like my mom). Oh snap... that's right I'm officially one now . . . turning 50 YIKES. :D

Fedyfro
12-01-2009, 01:25 PM
When my son complained about how long it would take for him to become an adult I told him "1 - 21 may seem to take a long time but 21 and over will go quickly."

Yes, I hear you. I am in awe of the fact that I was just 25...20 years ago but I am so grateful that I can look back on that time and smile.

I am really enjoying my 40s and in a couple of months I will be closer to 50 than 40. I look forward to obtaining more wisdom, maintaining good health and having many more laughs. Enjoy!

avalonchocl8
12-31-2009, 01:04 AM
They say that time flies when you're having fun. I'll be 40 in February and I still can't believe it. I still see myself as that 20-something year old.

rogernelle
01-05-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm halfway into my 45th year, and i've never felt more confident and self-aware as i do now. In my 20s and 30s, I stressed over things i had no control over. Now i just go with the flow, cause it eventually all works out in the end. When relationships run their course, its okay, and when the job gets intense, you address the issues, or someone has to go.
Life is definitely what you make it.

Denny
01-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Where did the time go? Good question, sometimes I forget how old I am, will be 42 this year. Its only seeing the young ladies that I knew as babies in my friends' stomach or better yet I knew their parents as snotty nose girls in primary school that I remember, oh yes I'm the older one now! lol

Taqwa
01-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Nita!

My birthday is today...I am 47 years old:huh:!!
I spent the early morning on my calculator crunching the numbers to see if it were really true:o. I feel good about where I am in life yet I still have a few "shoulda, woulda, coulda" moments, but the I am glad I did it moments are plentiful.

Fedyfro
01-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Happy Birthday!

naturallyblessed
01-22-2010, 12:20 AM
i am 49 and i tend to go with the flow and i try not to stress to much i try and to today what i might not want to do tomorrow

sonshyne66
01-22-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm 43 and I don't feel like it at all.. I often wonder myself where the heck the time went.. Last week I realized this year makes 26 (yes 26) years since I graduated from High School :huh:)8-|

No matter what my age.. I'm not getting older, I'm getting better ;)

LBellatrix
01-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Happy belated birthday, Taqwa! :)

Yeah, I had one of those "holy sh**" moments earlier this month: I will be 45 this June. Am I where I wanted to be? Not really...but I'm working towards it, which is all one can do, especially since I've forbidden myself from giving up or turning back.

It's only been in the last few months that I've realized just how much I've really had to overcome. I only looked at what the outside world saw: Comfortable childhood in a two-parent home in the suburbs, followed by a successful corporate career against the odds (English degree to IT; what can I say, I had it like that), followed by acceptance into a prestigious graduate school program at age 40. Yet I had self-esteem problems so huge there isn't a font big enough to describe them here. I am so grateful to have made it to a point in my life where I don't feel I have to apologize for the imperfect person that I am or justify the way I live my life. I still need to take things day by day, sometimes hour by hour...but I'm getting there. Definitely getting better with age, I am!

anabwi
01-23-2010, 02:27 AM
I turned 54 yesterday !! Bring the years on bay-bay!!!!! (:-)

SunshineDiva
01-29-2010, 03:40 AM
Belated congrats anabwi and nita4! I just turned 40 today. I hope to enjoy my 40's more than I did my teens through the 30's. :D

1stLadyJoy
01-30-2010, 03:09 AM
I am turning 44 in April, and I can relate. Seems like only yesterday I was in college and living like there was no tomorrow. Now I have a hubby, 5 youngins, a dog, a bird, a mortgage, and run my local PTA! Who's that lady??:huh:

I remember thinking that my 40 something cousins were so old, but now I'm them . . . and it feels pretty good. I'm healthy and blessed in many ways, so I look forward to the next stage instead of dreading it. I'm nervous about our first birdy leaving the nest in June, but at the same time I am counting the days for the rest of them to "get a life".

I'm not where I want to be, further than any one expected me to be, and confident of reaching where I want to be. I definately believe my greatest years are yet to come.

nita4
02-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Well ladies, yesterday was the last day of my "birthday month." I thank you for all your birthday wishes and extend the same back at you. I was so excited about turning 49 and other then the few pounds that I've put on, God and life has been good to me. I mean, what does 49 feel like anyway????? :-))

2009 started out rough, issues with family members and that is the only time that I really realized that time was passing by. Other then that He has been faithful and brought me through it all. Even though it is only February 1, 2010, I look forward to a long heathly life and aging gracefully. Be blessed my sisters and happy hair growing!! :D

This is going to be a great year!!

bejai
02-02-2010, 12:18 PM
The time does seem to be flying by now. I baby just turned 23!!! I am at the age where I'm looking forward to becoming a grandmother and DATING AGAIN :o
The grandmother thing I'm ready but dating at 47 is a scary thing, its changed so much out there.
I know I don't post much here but any help in this area would be definitely be appreciated.

KnottyAuthor
02-03-2010, 02:38 AM
this year is my 20th anniv from college and they are planning a big celebration for us. I stop and think, 20 years.What the heck just happened? Where did that time go? I turn 42 in July.

zadaya
02-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Our beauty is timeless,my b day is in a few day's 45 .I'm enjoying every moment and second of the time god have give me .Age is a state of mind {mine}is free . I look and feel young and beautiful with each passing day.Black is truely beauiful.

zadaya
02-16-2010, 03:56 PM
A rose is still a rose.

Msretta
03-01-2010, 01:02 AM
I dont know, but it went! smile...I will be 57...soon and I have to say its bending my mind! lol I feel good..I have my moments but I thank God for it all and look forward to going on...I LOVE being Gran to my grandchildren and I enjoy my children more...I find I look for the beauty and laughter in my life. As for dating....well if it happens it happens...that too will be a trip! lol

rastagalNJ
03-26-2010, 03:02 PM
47 will be calling my name in August....when did that happen?? I can't believe that so much time has passed but I am grateful that I am alive and healthy. I look good and feel good and that is all that matters.