PDA

View Full Version : Looking for natural stylists in Little Rock, AR.

fourelevenseven
12-03-2009, 05:13 AM
There are several "kitchen cosmetologists" in the area, but unfortunately, there is not a "mecca" of natural hair care stylists in AR - esp. in the central part of the state. Please help. If you know of anyone who is good, please let me know.

Sinamin
12-04-2009, 08:52 PM
You know I think that's half the problem... Not enough maybe if there were more natural stylist, maybe more of us would be inclined to be napptural. There are a few that clam to be natural stylist in LAS VEGAS where I am living now, but they are a second from a joke. I can't turst them with my hair. I did try them that's how I know. Now it's just me and I am freestyling which calls less for a stylest. But don't think it would hurt for some to pop up out here just the same.

fourelevenseven
12-13-2009, 07:32 AM
You're right! There are very few people here in town who have just blown me away with their natural hair care styling... and when I do see someone's hair that looks amazing... their reply is "I do it myself". It's frustrating, esp. when there are so many people who are transitioning and could really benefit from the support of someone who 1)Not only styles natural hair, but 2)Wears their OWN hair natural!

bidoof
12-13-2009, 04:25 PM
I live in central Arkansas too, so I'd love to know as well. My mom recently did the big chop and I'm currently transitioning. We could use all the additional help we can get.

fourelevenseven
12-14-2009, 05:28 AM
Hi bidoof! A fellow Arkie. Welcome!

I live in central Arkansas too, so I'd love to know as well. My mom recently did the big chop and I'm currently transitioning. We could use all the additional help we can get.

bidoof
12-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi bidoof! A fellow Arkie. Welcome!

Thank you!