PDA

View Full Version : Crocheted Beachwear

Hamira
05-15-2004, 07:52 AM
I always see those crocheted bathing suits and I think that they're so cute. Since I crochet, I decided to make some. I found it was really easy to make a top, but the bottoms were another story :shock . I crocheted one for a good friend of mine, but I didn't take a pic :doh Anyhoo, she was really tiny, so making the pieces for her wasn't too bad. This is a pic of one of the top pieces I made for myself: here (http://public.fotki.com/Delushious/crocheted_stuff/). I decorated it w/ star shaped studs I found at Hobby Lobby. I only made the top half w/ no plans to make the bottom :duck . I figure I can just wear it w/ denim shorts or capris to hang out on the beach. I have a full set (top and bottom) somewhere, but I can only find the bottom :smug I bump the topic up when I drag the missing piece from the abyss that is my closet. Anyhoo, there's also a pic of a shirt I crocheted for Valentine's Day a few years ago.

Password is crochet

phase1
05-15-2004, 03:31 PM
...I've always liked those crocheted bathing suit tops...and that's just the way I would wear it, too...I never could get down with the whole bathing suit bottom thing...

..and I'm feelin' the valentine's day top, also...

8)

vonshair
05-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Im loving that top!!!! If i had the boobies for it i would wear it with some cute shorts!!!!! Too cute!!!!

Hamira
05-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks entrkit :)

Vonshair-actually the less in the chest the better these look. I made a top for a friend who wears an A-cup, and it looked waaaay better on her :-)

Barbie
05-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Very cute top!!!

I agree with you Delushious. I used to shy away from triangle tops because I am an A cup, but for my cruise this past summer I decided to wear what I wanted regardless and I got some many compliments on my triangle top bikini; now that's all I will wear.

I have been eyeing a white one by VS, but the price is making me want to take crochet lessons.

aquababie19
05-15-2004, 10:18 PM
those are beautiful :) i'm supposed to be learning to crochet.

vonshair
05-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Delushious@May 15 2004, 03:26 PM

Vonshair-actually the less in the chest the better these look. I made a top for a friend who wears an A-cup, and it looked waaaay better on her :-)
Oh shoot girl u might have to make me one bc i know nothing about crocheting lol, but that top is too cute!!!! :thumbsup

Hamira
05-16-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by aquababie19@May 15 2004, 10:18 PM
those are beautiful :) i'm supposed to be learning to crochet.
:-) Thanks!! They were pretty easy to figure out. I didn't follow a pattern, just crocheted.

@ Vonshair: :lol thanks

edited: spelling

ThisIsKia
05-16-2004, 05:31 AM
Good job, that triangle top is tight to freakin' death!!! :shock :thumbsup
(that means it's really really cool non-southerners 8) )

Hamira
05-21-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by ThisIsKia@May 16 2004, 05:31 AM
Good job, that triangle top is tight to freakin' death!!! :shock :thumbsup
(that means it's really really cool non-southerners 8) )
Ha, I'm a pseudo-southener, I got it :-) and thanks

Wise1
05-21-2004, 03:14 PM
That looks great!

There is a web site run by some natural sista's here in Chicago.
www.double-stitch.com

They have some really great stuff you may want to check them out.

Brit
05-21-2004, 07:10 PM
oh plus if anybody really wants to make a complete swimsuit (as in top and bottom), the new vogue magazine has an extremely cute pattern for a crocheted 2 piece (in the knitting vogue magazine).

teekydawg
05-21-2004, 07:28 PM
tell me this.... can you crochet over something... um, i'm bigger breasted with lift that was stolen 11 years ago by a child i adore but who is a thief none-the-less, so can you crochet over a support bra?

feepee
05-21-2004, 08:04 PM
you got some skills there. i wanna learn how to crochet.

Hamira
05-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by teekydawg@May 21 2004, 07:28 PM
tell me this.... can you crochet over something... um, i'm bigger breasted with lift that was stolen 11 years ago by a child i adore but who is a thief none-the-less, so can you crochet over a support bra?
:lol :lol

I know what you mean though. I'm only a C so I can get away w/ alot of things, but my cousin wears an E and I've seen the struggle. As for crocheting over something like a support bra, it can be done, but it has to be done really well so that it doesn't compromise the elasticity of the bra itself. I once crocheted over a regular ol' bra for a friend of mine that she was going to throw out. But she was an A so it wasn't really a problem. But, you don't have to crochet over a bra, you could just crochet a regular piece w/ enough support. The band that circles the chest would have to be alot thicker, and it won't be a spaghetti strap, but it can still be very cute. I'm crocheting something like that now and I'll post a few pics when I'm finished so that you can see what I'm talking about.

ETA: Thanks feepee :-) And crocheting is very easy. Brit provided some links in my other thread.

teekydawg
05-21-2004, 10:23 PM
thanks Delushious but ur um, i'm a C cup too but my C don't look like your C.... i had to keep clicking on your album to make sure i wasn't crazy :-? :tiptoe

for real though.... thanks, i will be teaching myself to crochet before the summers end and you will find teek rocking a triangle beach top with adornment inspired by Delushious by late August 8)

Hamira
05-21-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by teekydawg@May 21 2004, 10:23 PM
thanks Delushious but ur um, i'm a C cup too but my C don't look like your C.... i had to keep clicking on your album to make sure i wasn't crazy :-? :tiptoe
lol :-) I get that alot :duck ...I'm pretty stretched out (broad) in the shoulder and the torso, so that might account for it ;-)

for real though.... thanks, i will be teaching myself to crochet before the summers end and you will find teek rocking a triangle beach top with adornment inspired by Delushious by late August 8)

Nice. I don't know where you get your yarn, but Walmart is trying to get rid of some colourful ones that they probably tried to appeal to the younger crowd with (to no avail apparently). They have turquoise, lime green, fushia (sp) and some very intesting pinks and blues for about $1.25 each. Happy crocheting :)

RubyRedLove
05-22-2004, 03:11 AM
Cute top (both of them) :thumbsup .

realbme
05-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Very cute!

jorjeni
05-25-2004, 02:38 PM
YOU GO GIRL!!!!! LOOKING GOOD!!!!

Sometimes the TOP is all you need. With a pair of jeans or shorts like you said. I am not in the the bikini look but I would do the top with some shorts AFTER I have lost a few more lbs that is LOL!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!