PDA

View Full Version : Sports Blog

GuyanesePrincess
01-09-2010, 03:11 AM
I'm thinking of starting a sports blog, but not sure of what to name it. If anyone has any suggestions/thoughts I'd appreciate it. Just looking for some things to get my mind working.

chachadiva
01-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Suggestion: "Balls to the Wall"

Reasoning:

1. Most sports are played with balls of some sort.
2. To be an athlete (even women) you have to be somewhat "ballsy."
3. The old saying "the writing's on the wall." This speaks to clarity and truth.
4. The old saying "Just throw it against the wall and see what sticks." This speaks to diversity of thought and cutting through the BS.
5. The title is a little cheeky.

When you start your blog, don't be afraid to approach semi pro and pro athletes for interviews or comments. All they can say is no. Even 10 minute telephone interviews can add a nice sound bite to a blog. There was a college kid who approached top politicians for his online show and he eventually landed a top blogging gig and did some TV work after graduating. He had the balls to approach top political players. Get it? Balls...

GuyanesePrincess
01-10-2010, 03:34 AM
That is catchy...and was taken when I did a search:(o) lol. But I'm going to see if there's some way I can tweak the name.

Thank you for the suggestion and information. I will try my hardest to reach out to as many people and organizations I can for interviews and sound bytes and if I'm very lucky, video.