PDA

View Full Version : Any Sistas Suffering from Endometriosis

Jewells
01-25-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm trying to get some information on this disease. Is anyone here suffering from this? Did you catch it early enough to not have to get surgery? What were your symptoms that drove you to the doctor? Thanks for any information that you can offer.

Jewells
01-26-2003, 12:20 PM
bump

Tuey
02-01-2003, 12:48 AM
Hi Jewells,

I'm actually waiting to go in for a laparoscopy in order to determine if I have endo. I have suffered from abdominal pain for nearly 2 years now, and after various tests and thinking that maybe i'm just crazy, I have finally found a consultant who takes my pain seriously. Unfortunately, we have long waiting lists here in the UK, and I have to wait until May for the procedure.

A really great site for related information is: http://aboyton99.tripod.com/

HTH :)

twistedmama
02-01-2003, 03:38 AM
My best friend suffered with this until she went to a doctor to diagnose her. She went through the inital scarping of her uterus then the surgery that follows afterward. The doctors thought this would hinder her from having kids. But she & her dh have a healthy eight month old baby. I don't know if she will have any other kids though. :wink:

Peace,

Jewells
02-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Thanks ladies for posting. I was saying to myself, "All of these members and nobody has any info for me." Tuey, I will check out that site. Thanks again, ladies.

Monicurl
02-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Hi Jewells,

I sent you my reply via PM :D

jmnappy
02-04-2003, 06:46 PM
I was experiencing symptoms of endometriosis before I got pregnant last year. These symptoms included very painful cramps, exteme bloating, painful intercourse, and stomach problems. I was calling in sick every month. After a few months, I decided to make an appt w/ my ob/gyn. By the time I got to the dr's office, I was pregnant and the symptoms disappeared.

redbutterfly
02-04-2003, 07:13 PM
Yes the doctors did say that getting pregnant would help clear the endometriosis. These were exactly my symptoms including blood clotting:

These symptoms included very painful cramps, exteme bloating, painful intercourse, and stomach problems.
My cure was when I had my laparoscopy surgery, after that, all was normal and well with me. Also sometimes, it does hinder some woman from immediately getting pregnant but pregnancy does still occur with most woman.

Jewells
02-05-2003, 11:03 AM
I have a lot of the same symptoms except painful cramps. I get cramps in my back that are bothersome, but not extremely painful. I guess the best thing for me to do is go to the doctor to find out for sure. Thanks ladies for respoding. :D

krazeenapps
03-23-2003, 09:56 AM
Oh my GOODNESS!!!

I've been going through a lot of pain for many years. When I got my first period, there were no problems whatsoever. No pain, smooth sailing. But the past few years have been really hard. So hard, that I welcome the stress I get that makes my period late. Every month, I start out with the most painful backaches and pain that seems to be right in my uterus. When I can relieve the pain in one area, it immediately switches to the other. Some days the pain even shoots down to my inner ankle so that I can't walk! If I don't take any painkillers, I get extremely nauseous and can't get out of bed. I even fainted once from the pain. I get severe blood clotting, too. My doctor has known about this, and she only presecribed me Vioxx. It says, take once a day for severe dysmenorrhea. Before reading the site Tuey recommended, I never really knew what dysmenorrhea meant! She never even entertained any ideas as to what it could be. Call her a pill-pusher, if you will.

Ok, that was a little schpiel. I might have endometriosis, and I never did anything about it. My question is, if I've gotten pelvic exams and no one has said anything about abnormalities, does that mean that this really is just severe dysmenorrhea? Or is a pelvic exam not enough? Either way, I will be looking into this very soon.

Jewells
03-25-2003, 12:08 AM
Krazeenapps, you might need to getting another opinion from your gyn. Don't just settle for what they tell you. If you don't feel any relief, continue searching. Good luck.

Tuey
05-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Bumpin' - are there any other ladies with stories to share? I'm especially after some pain relief tips as I've been told my laparoscopy has been prostponed, and I need to wait yet again... :mad:

Tuey
05-06-2003, 05:40 PM
Sorry - double post. Techno gremlins strike again! :)

Tuey
05-07-2003, 09:21 AM
Hmmm, techno gremlins seem to be working overtime. I'll have another go at bumpin' this topic...

mochacaremel
05-07-2003, 10:56 AM
Jewells, I am glad you came to your fellow sistahs for help. I had stage I endometriosis and I never had a single symptom, except for occasional painful intercourse.

I just wanted to peek in here to tell you that your symptoms can point your doctor to suspecting endometriosis; however, it can only be accurately diagnosed through laparoscopy. And if you do have this simple surgery done to see if you have any be sure they remove all they can! it is absolutely riduculous why someone would open you up, see the problem and not take any out! It has happened to many women who were uninformed! Also, here is the website that helped me...

www.endometriosis.org (http://www.endometriosis.org)

Take Care,
Mocha

MALOVELY81
05-07-2003, 12:57 PM
i've read a lot of info about endo, But.. i'm still not sure if i have it or not. I experience some of the symptoms but they're not as severe as many people of stated. I do have that nagging feeling that i may have it, but.. i'm afraid that if i go to the doctor & tell her whats going on, she'll dismiss it and say its something else. I hate to be belligerent with her and MAKE her check, but i guess that IS her job.

:cry: i would like to know.. But i'm afraid of what i might find out. I'm so sick & tired of going back & forth to the doctor and they keep telling me there's nothing wrong, but i never did ask about endo. *siGhz*

It just seems like no one takes it seriously. We even have a "Womens Doctor" here in Baltimore. But i think i need to be more clear and assertive about what i want.

I think it just boils down to me being afraid :cry:

Afraid that i may not be able to have children, Afraid to have sex because of the pain although i don't know if is because of endo or is he too big :shock: lol, Afraid of having to go into surgery...

Just venturing into the unknown...

Jewells
05-07-2003, 03:12 PM
[quote]Jewells, I am glad you came to your fellow sistahs for help. I had stage I endometriosis and I never had a single symptom, except for occasional painful intercourse.

I just wanted to peek in here to tell you that your symptoms can point your doctor to suspecting endometriosis; however, it can only be accurately diagnosed through laparoscopy. And if you do have this simple surgery done to see if you have any be sure they remove all they can! it is absolutely riduculous why someone would open you up, see the problem and not take any out! It has happened to many women who were uninformed! Also, here is the website that helped me...

www.endometriosis.org (http://www.endometriosis.org)

Take Care,
Mocha

Thank you. Most of my symptoms have disappeared. Go figure...but I wonder if things will pick back up. Recently my insurance changed to a new carrier, so I plan to check out my new provider and demand a few things. I just wnat to know for sure even if my problems are non-existent at the time.

Exult
05-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Hello: Jewells & Ladies:

I was diagnosed with Endo, when I was 15, I have always had PAINFUL cramps, 7-day periods, from day one. I used to be in so much pain I thought I was seeing flying pigs, I was taking 800mg of Motrin, every two hours. The only answers my ob-gyn gave my Mom at that time was to have surgery, or to stick it out, well I choose to stick it out with medication. I had my first and only child at 21, I still have cramps but not as bad, still have some clotting. I am 34 and already going through pre-menopause, hot flashes, hormonal ish, etc, etc.

I am in the process of changing my diet, no red meats, low to no sugars, no caffeine, exercise and herbal teas/remedies etc. Some which have help, the cramps and hot flashes.

Jewells
05-09-2003, 06:09 PM
I must say that my cycles aren't that painful. I would get pains in between, like back pain that felt like back labor (don't know what that feels like). I've been a vegetarian and only drink soy milk for a year now. I don't have no where near the symptoms that I used to.

For the most part I still clot a lot, but there is no pain. My mood swings have also subsided.

I appreciate all of the information and experiences you ladies have shared. God Bless and I pray that those of you who are still suffering find relief.

carlasher
06-19-2003, 12:16 AM
What do you/can you take for the pain? I was recently dignosed back in March through a LAP (I also have PCOS) and had the most painful cycle this past weekend I ever had. I SWEAR I was in labor! I couldnt stand, sit, lie, or walk. I have been on a Rx pain medication before but that didnt work. What do you take?