PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a loc buddy in the ATL or surrounding areas

Butterfly55
02-07-2010, 10:53 PM
I am looking for a loc buddy. I have read everyone's thread and seems as though everyone is new to the locing stages. I am into the fourth year of my locs but I still need encouragement because I feel as though the loctician didn't put enough in locs in the top of my head and she didn't make them large enough. I get very discourage sometimes but I am not going to cut them off. So please can someone be my loc buddy?

Butterfly55
02-17-2010, 01:49 AM
I am looking for a loc buddy. I have read everyone's thread and seems as though everyone is new to the locing stages. I am into the fourth year of my locs but I still need encouragement because I feel as though the loctician didn't put enough in locs in the top of my head and she didn't make them large enough. I get very discourage sometimes but I am not going to cut them off. So please can someone be my loc buddy?

I guess I won't be getting a loc buddy. Oh well on this journey by myself. But I really would like a loc buddy.

Kinkx
03-13-2010, 12:37 AM
I can be your loc buddy,
I'm 2yrs in

Butterfly55
03-14-2010, 12:56 AM
YES, YES, YES. Thanks a lot now I don't feel alone. I am going into my fourth year. My sides are short because I cut them off in second year. I will be glad when they catch up with my back. I was told if I wanted to cut them to make them right that would be the best time. I had latch hooked them wrong and they were very skinny and lumpy looking. I know how to latch hook now but I am not going to do that anymore. I am free Forming for a while. I am really liking my locs now.

Kinkx
03-21-2010, 01:14 AM
That's good to know, was thinking about trying the latch hook.

Kinkx
03-21-2010, 01:14 AM
I was told it helps for the hair to last longer. I work out so I figured it would be best for me

Butterfly55
03-21-2010, 04:49 AM
It does help the hair to stay longer. I really like the look. I have seen some people that have latch hooks and their hair is long and very full. I have been to two locticians and they both latched my hair but when I first started off trying to do mine I didn't exactly go clockwise. Before I stopped latching my hair I had started going completely around the clock and not leaving a gap at the roots. I think that maybe I had latched some to tight because some of parts of my locs are very tight. It doesn't look right to me so I decided to cut them off. I am not cutting anymore. I am just going to let them just grow, grow, grow. Like I said before I am liking the freeform my locs don't look thin and I don't like seeing my scalp. I learned by trial and error.

Butterfly55
03-27-2010, 03:32 AM
I was told it helps for the hair to last longer. I work out so I figured it would be best for me
Kinkx,
How are your locs coming along? I have been kind of lazy. Need to shampoo and give myself and oil treatment. Think I will do it in the morning. Let me know what is going on with your locs.

Kinkx
03-30-2010, 01:26 AM
Girl, I had my hair retwisted a month ago, it's much longer, I need to take new pics. It actually last through my workouts. My hair is due for a wash & deep condition also. A friend of mine told me prior to washing, soak the ends in olive oil for about a hour, then washnit out. It adds moisture.

KinkyQueeness
04-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Hmm..Good tip Kinkx

Butterfly55
04-09-2010, 04:51 AM
Girl, I had my hair retwisted a month ago, it's much longer, I need to take new pics. It actually last through my workouts. My hair is due for a wash & deep condition also. A friend of mine told me prior to washing, soak the ends in olive oil for about a hour, then washnit out. It adds moisture.
WOW I might try that. I just love my coconut oil it makes my hair feel like baby hair. I was just saying that I might be time for me too also put up new pictures. I am just so glad that my hair is filling in where their was thin spots. I've had a scarf on for three days now it is time to come out of it. I get lazy and do this for a couple of days. Seems as though when I do that boom my hair has grew even longer.