PDA

View Full Version : Need a loc buddy to keep me encouraged

msyu4reeyah
02-16-2010, 05:33 PM
I live in Baltimore, MD and had starter locs installed July 2009. Now, my hair is kind of thin around the edges and the top of my head is also thin. Unfortunately, because of this I went back to wearing wigs :-( I am now at the point where I'm tired of hiding behind wigs and want to wear my locs in all their glory!!!

They have been growing quite nicely and I have embraced my decision to loc my hair. Sometimes I do get a little discouraged because they are not the length I desire so I need someone or a lot of someone's lol to keep me encouraged.

msyu4reeyah
02-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Oh well, like Donald Lawrence's song said "Encourage Yourself". lOl, guess that's what I will do.

LocJourney125
02-23-2010, 04:59 PM
well i live in glen burnie...about 15 mins from bmore...i started my locs in nov of 09 so im only 3 months in

just gotta rock them with pride

msyu4reeyah
02-23-2010, 09:05 PM
@LocJourney125:
Thanks for the encouragment! I am getting my locs tightened this weekend for the first time since Oct. 09 so I am really anxious, scared, excited, etc.

BeautifulFlow
03-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Hey! I'm an equal opportunity loc buddy, lol. I think I've extended myself to all who've asked, lol. I just love my hair and love naturals, and I love people! So any time, you can PM me sis! I'm just about a year in, so it's not like I know everything or anything like that, but I've done pretty ok for my ladies...:)

Kinkx
03-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Don't over twist. Don't style it yet, leave it alone. Befor you know it it will be healthy & long. locking is a commitment, you have 2 stay strong

Kinkx
03-13-2010, 01:24 AM
sleep on satin pillow cases or wear satin scarves to retain moisture