PDA

View Full Version : Why appreciate Nappturality.com more today

HunnyLuv82
02-20-2010, 01:13 PM
You know when the site was down just for the few hours, I was having withdrawal pains{o. So I went onto the Facebook page...no one was there:(...again the pains for nappy communication were growing in me so I went onto Top Sista Sites to see if there were any other blogs or forums about beautiful napptural hair that I may be interested in.

So I go to this forum, which I will not name, and at first site I thought the site checked out. They were talking about protective styles, hair oils, and curly hair textures, but then the pics of this chick with long straight hair come up on the screen. I was thinking maybe it was a sew in...i could handle that. But then I look closer...this chick has relaxed hair! Now I'm thinking, maybe her pics got up there by accident...maybe she's on the wrong site. But then I scroll down the page and see the member of the month. THIS CHICK HAS RELAXED HAIR TOO!!! AND IT SAYS SHE'S RELAXED TOO!!! Oh I was so pissed! I felt I had been tricked...bamboozled...RUN AMUCK:(o)!!! I clicked off that site like it was acid!

So today I appreciate Nappturality, DeeCoily, and all the Ladies and Gentlemen of this site even more than I did yesterday. We are the TRUTH yall!!! The WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THAT!

I shake my curly kinks with my head held high in honor to all of you:))!!!

De La Sam
02-20-2010, 02:01 PM
I hear ya! I was like. seriously.. none of these others sites live up to my belove nappturality.com!

thicktresses
02-20-2010, 02:18 PM
oh yeah i noticed the site was down.I usually just go on youtube and watch hair videos i am obsessed with watching natural hair videos on youtube.i love this site though definatly appreciate and love it.I get withdrawl when i cant log in sometimes.

bebedee
02-20-2010, 03:19 PM
I was seriously freaking out......{o

That's why I renew my $20 membership every year. ;) I figure, what's $20? I definitely get my money's worth, if it helps Dee keep this site up and running. We typically spend more money on stupid stuff like dining out, a bad movie w/popcorn or the latest curl-defining butter/gel/serum/cream......:-))

KoilyLocGirl
02-20-2010, 03:28 PM
It was hard ya'll, it was hard.

CinnamonBiscuit
02-20-2010, 04:47 PM
I just went to YouTube for the hair videos, but half the time YouTube's only for looking and not discussing. It's insane how many straight-hair loving people blindly defend destroying part of themselves. I almost got in a fight with a girl after she claimed in the comments section that black people's hair grows faster and better when it's treated with chemicals and heat and that natural hair isn't as good and isn't as versatile.{o

growing
02-20-2010, 05:52 PM
I almost lost control for a minute. I love Nappturality.com and all my beautiful natural sistas on this site. Stay blessed yall.

JaeFuma
02-20-2010, 05:59 PM
I just looked at hair videos too. :x
I usually have to come on here at least once a day so I know what I'm looking all jacked up for (I'm transitioning. :P).

I need this place.

Lady.Capri
02-21-2010, 07:08 AM
LOL! I seriously was feeling the withdrawal! It hurt! I love this site! <3

CoilyHairedBeauty
02-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Nappturality is home to me. I was lost, ladies. Lost.

street froetry
02-22-2010, 04:42 PM
HunnyLuv - I feel exactly the same way. NP has been my second home for 5 years now... i've seen so many members come, go, loc up, cut their locs and loc again; anywhere else would just seem wrong... NP is the truth!!